bsarjohn

Golden Thief Bug Card Effect

Reduce Damage taken from all Magic attack ( Lord of Vermilion , Storm Gust, Fire bolt etc) by 50% or 70% (Not make them miss when receiving magic attacks). Nullify all status ailment ( Coma, Freeze, Curse, Stun, Stone Curse etc) including supportive spells.

The current effect of GTB card makes the High Wiz and Prof class useless on WOE or PvP.

Edited by bsarjohn
  • Like 1

This has been suggested by mostly new players that go to this server. It has always been shutdown due to several reasons, one of which is that magic in this server probably has the highest burst damage attainable, especially on profs.

GTB does not make wiz or prof useless in WoE, keep in mind that it is a team battle, if people went GTB, they are very much vulnerable to the physical classes.

I pvp as a wiz for fun, again pvp in RO is generally a team fight so I don't really mind it, and I can stave my way in or even try stripping if I know they do not have fcp.

Magic class chars are probably one of the hardest jobs to use at it is easily countered with just a GTB card. But there are a couple of magic class chars who dares you to even go into GTB as they would stave you instead or try to even strip if possible. Some these are a wiz and prof from motto(forgot their names), jano, giap, heha.

It really takes a skilled player to play the said class and without relying mostly on their magic damage and the people stated above never complained about the mentioned card. Do the same, adapt and master your class. Look for ways to overcome adversity as well.

And as Ray implied, PVP and WOE isnt always a 1 on 1 situation, especially WOE.

Edit: typo

Edited by qperteplex
  • Like 1

Disagree for the well-stated reasons aforementioned. This has already been discussed and rejected time and time again.

magic classes arent actually intended for 1on1 battles. they are more useful in group matches like pt vs pt. their main function is to force enemy to use gtb or maya then their pt members can kill the enemy with physical atks. if the enemy dont use gtb, they can be easy killed by magic. and so on... so im afraid i have to disagree as well in this suggestion.

i think hw and proff can kill without magic...

thats why they have weapon to increase Strave Crasher damage and strave crasher is psychal damage attack so can hit gtb...

you can see heha can bully people which use gtb or not..

haaha..

:p

Gtb isn't the issue for high wizards, their HP is.

Which is accounted for with their higher-than-normal demi-human reductions + energy coat.

10% on the weapon? Which SNs have too, as well as 3x the hp.

I have voiced my opinion against SN having this as well. Though they sorta have to wear double Tao (no GR) so there's that.

Idk what other demo human reducts they have besides the weap.

No, that 10% on the weapon is the only additional thing I'm referring to. And that 10% is pretty big. Damage starts tanking real fast as demi-human reductions approach 100%. I don't know if you were there but the whole Glorious set ordeal was a real pain. People walking around with 99% demi-human reductions, lawl.

Anyway, demi-human reduction is a whole issue in and of itself. Let's go back to this GTB thing.

Edited by Forum~

Reduce Damage taken from all Magic attack ( Lord of Vermilion , Storm Gust, Fire bolt etc) by 50% or 70% (Not make them miss when receiving magic attacks). Nullify all status ailment ( Coma, Freeze, Curse, Stun, Stone Curse etc) including supportive spells.

The current effect of GTB card makes the High Wiz and Prof class useless on WOE or PvP.

yea right HW and Proff. is not USELESS w/o their magics... they still can kill and annoy anyone in a diff. ways/skill rather..

"depend on user ^_^"

and if GTB makes the effect on that way?? ...imma disagree too....