Jessica.

Vague Suggestion, Open To Ideas.

Hey, so here is a vague suggestion, wondering if the community has any input on what if any it should be.

I've played this server for years, and it's always been a pretty well balanced server, e.g. not needing to donate to get top gear.

Now it's alot more difficult to stand a chance, with rings, valks, etc, which is fine, if there was a reasonable way to get tokens.

And i'm a bit on the fence with it myself.

So i'm leaving it up to the community to decide if there should be an easier way to farm.

Nowadays farmers need almost 2x as many berries/seeds to get one token, compared to the golden days. It makes it near impossible.

This server is based on Buy/Sell tactic atm, which isn't a good system, and drives prices of items up and down erratically.

A few of my own suggestions are: Make a seed room pass, the profit per hour in the seedroom is terrible, considering some people only buy seeds 6:1, taking out the 3 tokens it cost to access for one hour makes profit terrible, and thats with 3 kiels, and decent gear.

This is how it is with nearly any farmable item. Perhaps a zeny farming room would be cool, and easy to implement.

I mostly want to hear other suggestions if you guys agree with it. I think it's sad that new members cannot get geared, and they feel hopeless, which alot do.

This would also stop alot of begging, which we all know is very annoying.

I myself stopped farming seeds to sell them, i farm them for myself. I am planning to farm seeds to supply myself for ladder once people started using it again, then get sacreds(white and black) then sell the next set of sacreds i can get. That should let me get a decent amount of tokens.

I farm fcp + bos when i do need some quick tokens.

I find that most mvp's are taken, or in respawn.

MVP rooms are a waste, with 1 percent drops. for 2+ tokens, that means it could cost 200 tokens, before you got a card.

That's not how probability works. Each event is mutually exclusive so each instance of an MVP is a 1% chance. If your luck is shitty enough, you may never get a drop, lul.

Anyway, I think you are on the right track in regards to improving the economy for the newer players. There needs to be a token sink so the value of the token can deflate.

• Like 1

I agree with the topic, seeing as i'm back to playing fRO as a normal player (And boy did i miss it!!!) after a few months on break i can notice the differences in economy and overall balancing in the server lately. With the way the server is atm, i honestly don't see how newer players would be able to match or out do the more veteran players with better gears in any way.

I love this server because of the fact that they have more than just 1 way to get geared, but apart from donating those other options just don't cut it.
If i didn't donate to get better items, i'd be stuck farming for years, and with the economy as it is i probably wouldnt even make profit.

I like the thought of new additions, and changes here and there to try and fix the economy. I'm all for it
And seeing as it was my job as a GM, maybe add new events that reward a number of players regularly rather than events with single winners. Or even just Host an event every hour (This being said with automated event's held every 2 hours in mind)

But who know's, i'm not too good at contributing useful ideas, i'm all about having a fun gaming experience and i know that Topics such as these always contribute.

I missed playing fRO <3

I agree, but I can't seem to think of a way to balance it all out. The market is screwed as there are lacking in equipments and tokens circulating in the server. Hopefully this is just temporary though.

Lots of ways to potentially balance it out. They could just have a farming room that was worth more... or an item we could trade for tokens and vice versa. But nonethless, i think this should be solved and be a priority, as it will help the server grow, and make people happier to play. I don't think we need to worry about it being unbalanced. I have enough trust in the GM team to figure out a very plausible way.

i disagree on this zenny farming room... you can always farm treasure boxes during floating rates and stone of sage during regular days for zennies. farm not only seeds and zennies but farm other quest items as well such us ring quest items and frigg quest items which is really salable at a decent price. make priest/sniper/clown to join raids... look for active WoE guild with salary.. thats what i do to earn token and i believe it work for you too.

I also disagree on the farming room. zeny is already not used much in the server except for buying a few items(like in the case of acid and fire bottles) and seed room passes.

What you said about how it was easier for new players to gear up before than it is now is unfounded. Before, it was extremely difficult for players to become geared because a) there was a large disparity between quest items and donation items (whereas now it's only a few stats different) b) the only way to get donation gear was to farm ridiculous amounts of items to save up tokens and slowly have to buy everything, which would take A VERY long time to do.

Yes, they may have been able to sell some consumable items for slightly more tokens than now, BUT it would require 450-500 tokens minimum JUST to get the Forsaken King set. Now, they can get it just through voting. They can do quests to get weapons, accessories, mid/lower headgears that are only a few stat points less than the donation counterparts. New players (and those unable to donate) stand a better chance now than EVER before in the server. For anyone to try to say otherwise undermines all of the work we've been doing to make it easier for new players in the past year or so, and it is incorrect.

If you have an issue with the economy, then make the suggestion about that. I understand you've been gone a very long time but, if you're making suggestions, you should try to be more aware of the changes that have taken place before you're saying things like it's impossible for new players to stand a chance. New players no longer NEED tokens to be able to get very good gear. Tokens are more relevant to older or richer players that are looking for particular items for aesthetic reasons or a few extra stats. As for that, we'd need specific suggestions on steps that can be taken to improve the economy.

What you said about how it was easier for new players to gear up before than it is now is unfounded. Before, it was extremely difficult for players to become geared because a) there was a large disparity between quest items and donation items (whereas now it's only a few stats different) b) the only way to get donation gear was to farm ridiculous amounts of items to save up tokens and slowly have to buy everything, which would take A VERY long time to do.

Yes, they may have been able to sell some consumable items for slightly more tokens than now, BUT it would require 450-500 tokens minimum JUST to get the Forsaken King set. Now, they can get it just through voting. They can do quests to get weapons, accessories, mid/lower headgears that are only a few stat points less than the donation counterparts. New players (and those unable to donate) stand a better chance now than EVER before in the server. For anyone to try to say otherwise undermines all of the work we've been doing to make it easier for new players in the past year or so, and it is incorrect.

If you have an issue with the economy, then make the suggestion about that. I understand you've been gone a very long time but, if you're making suggestions, you should try to be more aware of the changes that have taken place before you're saying things like it's impossible for new players to stand a chance. New players no longer NEED tokens to be able to get very good gear. Tokens are more relevant to older or richer players that are looking for particular items for aesthetic reasons or a few extra stats. As for that, we'd need specific suggestions on steps that can be taken to improve the economy.

ever since i came back to the server a month ago, i had almost every newbie come up to me and ask for items, help and other stuff. if its so much easier for them to get geared, why do they keep going on? and i think its a good idea to put another bulletin board near the job mistress detailing the different quests and such for the new players

Edited by reggae

They come begging for items because current players aren't as friendly as the ones back then. Pointing new players in the direction of quests, giving them objectives to farm for and get paid in tokens. This will introduce them to the current systems in the server. But now people more have an attitude once they got beyond the new player point and let the others fend for themselves.

If you want to create a better world, start with yourself. Are you (not specifically just you, but players in general) doing what you can to make this a better server? If not, think what you could do and how much more joy this would bring to the game for everyone.

What about putting all donation items on a token npc, and donations will be done in tokens only? the npc can act as an inflation control, just like how forsaken king set parts prices are stable at around 95 tokens each because the npc sells them for 100 each. those who are in desperate need can still purchase from the npc for a slightly higher price.

This may hurt donation for a short period of time as market stabilizes, but it will be a long term solution to a stable economy.

What about putting all donation items on a token npc, and donations will be done in tokens only? the npc can act as an inflation control, just like how forsaken king set parts prices are stable at around 95 tokens each because the npc sells them for 100 each. those who are in desperate need can still purchase from the npc for a slightly higher price.

This may hurt donation for a short period of time as market stabilizes, but it will be a long term solution to a stable economy.

I AGREE +1, so the Gm's could dictate a fix price of items in tokens

I AGREE +1, so the Gm's could dictate a fix price of items in tokens

The prices are fixed by the donation price in the token shop. As long as you all pay what other players are asking for it,it'll be a trend and then becomes a set price.

If something is xx dollar in the shop and you guys pay 6k for it, you're to blame. As anything is worth as much as people are willing to pay for it. That's how a normal economy works, that's how this server's economy works.

Get a few people who undercut heavily (who can manage to do that due to supply) and you'll see that the ones selling it a very unreasonable price also will lower their prices eventually.

The market has changed quite a bit since this topic was made, so I am going to go ahead and move it to reviewed, I would be interested in an UPDATED version of this suggestion with the OP giving specific suggestions they recommend. :)