Jelly

Getting "pro"

I noticed there are a lot of people that just have thousands of tokens AND have a loot of gears. how exactly does that happen? haha

I've seen some people in-game host their own events and give things out like crazy. also heard salary for some guilds can

be up to 100toks for "pros"

just wondering, does everyone donate hella money to this server or is there a way to get tokens in game?

• Like 1

Not that many people have lots of tokens, it's more spread out. If someone does, it's most likely from donating for items and then selling them for more tokens in game because it's in high demand. Or, they were given to them by a friend who quit, etc. etc. and it accumulates that way.

You can get tokens in game. Participate in the mini-games and events and you can trade event tokens to players for tokens. Or you can sell quest gear/requirements/consumables to players but it'd take awhile to get "rich" that way; however, it can be done, since that's how many of the older players did it. Although, tokens aren't really a necessity anymore. The essential donation items are available via voting (the forsaken king set). Other than that, there's legendary gear for almost every kind of donation item that are only a few stats less.

Getting rich/pro requires a lot of patience. You could make the legendary items and sell it for tokens or offer your farming service.

If I wasn't too busy completing Alyxia's ring and Frigg's Shield I'd be offering my farming services.

How I price my farming services:

< 500 and easy items = 3 tokens flat

> 500 items, hard and low drop items for example Symbol of Faith on lhz_dun03) = 10 tokens flat

gather entire quest requirements = 15 tokens flat

Of course, some players will not agree. My advice, move on. Offer your service to somebody else who wouldn't be a bitch about it or care to meet you in the middle when negotiating.

Not to be cocky or conceited, but I have the MEANS to donate. I still managed not to. When I first started, I donated for cards. Mainly because I need it bad. The rest were dedication and hard work. Plus, imho I don't see myself playing this game for as long as it exists.

It's really up to you how "pro" you would want to be and how long do you actually want to play. Most of the credible "pro's" have/had been playing the game ever since the server started.

Or...I'm not speaking for everybody here or trying to start a fight, but if you live, breathe, and don't have a life besides playing this game? Then I wouldn't see you getting stumped being a "pro".

Cheers,

Laura

Edited by sshinytoyguns

Back in the days, it is harder because there is no vote set nor legendary stuff.

Being good does not mean having "gears". I know for a fact that half of those people that got insanely good gears cannot hold their own in pvp room.

• Like 1

As for someone new to the server (about a week old), we are in the same boat. I was very curious as to how tokens are introduced to the economy, that's when I saw the donation page have them and realized that this server is as much as 5+ years old (I think?). That said, I very much agree with starting small and accumulating your wealth. This is exactly what I've been trying to do through seed tix (which I still don't really know how to trade/sell) and some other quest items. I'd very much like to hit the jackpot through a good MVP card, but I can never seem to catch them while they're alive.

Not that many people have lots of tokens, it's more spread out. If someone does, it's most likely from donating for items and then selling them for more tokens in game because it's in high demand. Or, they were given to them by a friend who quit, etc. etc. and it accumulates that way.

You can get tokens in game. Participate in the mini-games and events and you can trade event tokens to players for tokens. Or you can sell quest gear/requirements/consumables to players but it'd take awhile to get "rich" that way; however, it can be done, since that's how many of the older players did it. Although, tokens aren't really a necessity anymore. The essential donation items are available via voting (the forsaken king set). Other than that, there's legendary gear for almost every kind of donation item that are only a few stats less.

I agree. The vote items are a greaattt help. There's only a small difference between non-d and donation, but there's no ignoring the vast amount of donators and the buzzing marketplace. Haha I don't feel that its a bad thing. I do feel a bit intimidated by it though. :)

Getting rich/pro requires a lot of patience. You could make the legendary items and sell it for tokens or offer your farming service.

If I wasn't too busy completing Alyxia's ring and Frigg's Shield I'd be offering my farming services.

How I price my farming services:

< 500 and easy items = 3 tokens flat

> 500 items, hard and low drop items for example Symbol of Faith on lhz_dun03) = 10 tokens flat

gather entire quest requirements = 15 tokens flat

Of course, some players will not agree. My advice, move on. Offer your service to somebody else who wouldn't be a bitch about it or care to meet you in the middle when negotiating.

Not to be cocky or conceited, but I have the MEANS to donate. I still managed not to. When I first started, I donated for cards. Mainly because I need it bad. The rest were dedication and hard work. Plus, imho I don't see myself playing this game for as long as it exists.

It's really up to you how "pro" you would want to be and how long do you actually want to play. Most of the credible "pro's" have/had been playing the game ever since the server started.

Or...I'm not speaking for everybody here or trying to start a fight, but if you live, breathe, and don't have a life besides playing this game? Then I wouldn't see you getting stumped being a "pro".

Cheers,

Laura

As expected from mother goose :)

I see your poiint and that's a great idea. Haha I just want to be on a high enough level to compete with some of the people and have a gold time doing it with friends that I meet. As for the time commitment... I dont see my time being toooo invested in this ;)

On a lighter note... AGDHFGDHFJFKFLKB you know how to do those!?? :O I have got to talk to you more often haha

As for someone new to the server (about a week old), we are in the same boat. I was very curious as to how tokens are introduced to the economy, that's when I saw the donation page have them and realized that this server is as much as 5+ years old (I think?). That said, I very much agree with starting small and accumulatig your wealth. This is exactly what I've been trying to do through seed tix (which I still don't really know how to trade/sell) and some other quest items. I'd very much like to hit the jackpot through a good MVP card, but I can never seem to catch them while they're alive.

I know how you feel man. People be camping them MVPs like crazy haha

Good time*

BTW how long do servers usually last? :o

As expected from mother goose :)

I see your poiint and that's a great idea. Haha I just want to be on a high enough level to compete with some of the people and have a gold time doing it with friends that I meet. As for the time commitment... I dont see my time being toooo invested in this ;)

On a lighter note... AGDHFGDHFJFKFLKB you know how to do those!?? :O I have got to talk to you more often haha

BTW how long do servers usually last? :o

Mama goose loves her Advent Children/Babies! I try to help y'all to the best and any way I can. :))

Atta boy! That's the spirit! If you do donate, I suggest you start with MUST HAVE cards. That's how I survived and ended up where I am at now.

AY3409-0847TEU@%^&^D^ʦIU...what are you talking about I know how to do?? The quests?! XD

About the lifespan of the server. So long as there are people who cares to donate and have dedicated staff to maintain the server then it will last for a while!

Imho, and I could be wrong...but Forsaken RO is by far the longest running private server in the intarwebz! ;))

Edited by sshinytoyguns

Er. For new players could find me in game. I can spawn some mvp using bloody branch for you guys on weekend.

Good guy sotong.

Likewise, if you do not beg for items, people are much willing to help you. Might sound cheap but I gave out every knight set( i do the knight quest on every character) to guys that are like 1 day old. Also some legendary stuff that I only hunted cuz im boed(sacreds, avians, legendary weapons). Hell, if you ask me to help you to MVP, I would be willing to as I don't need stuff anymore.

• Like 1

Er. For new players could find me in game. I can spawn some mvp using bloody branch for you guys on weekend.

Good guy sotong.

Likewise, if you do not beg for items, people are much willing to help you. Might sound cheap but I gave out every knight set( i do the knight quest on every character) to guys that are like 1 day old. Also some legendary stuff that I only hunted cuz im boed(sacreds, avians, legendary weapons). Hell, if you ask me to help you to MVP, I would be willing to as I don't need stuff anymore.

^^^ glad to know there are some really nice people on this server :)

---> my irl friends and I would love to MVP with you guys! we're usually at go 11. if you ever see the dragonslayers party, we're always trying to farm new quests and hunt MVPs to gear up. haha help hunting would be greatly appreciated :D

Mama goose loves her Advent Children/Babies! I try to help y'all to the best and any way I can. :))

Atta boy! That's the spirit! If you do donate, I suggest you start with MUST HAVE cards. That's how I survived and ended up where I am at now.

AY3409-0847TEU@%^&^D^ʦIU...what are you talking about I know how to do?? The quests?! XD

About the lifespan of the server. So long as there are people who cares to donate and have dedicated staff to maintain the server then it will last for a while!

Imho, and I could be wrong...but Forsaken RO is by far the longest running private server in the intarwebz! ;))

yeah, it's definitely been up for a long time. haha as for the short spazz, I was looking for people that knew about the quest but most didn't want to tell me about it. :)

donation isn't really my thing, it kinda warps the whole game. it defeats the purpose imo.

< I would always cheat on my Pokemon games as a kid. lost interest after doing so xD >

who needs to cheats when you have awesome people to play with ^^

Good guy sotong.

I've always tipped my fedora to Sotong. :))

There's one dude in our guild SharkGodz, he like organize MVP spawn event from time to time for JP. :)

yeah, it's definitely been up for a long time. haha as for the short spazz, I was looking for people that knew about the quest but most didn't want to tell me about it. :)

donation isn't really my thing, it kinda warps the whole game. it defeats the purpose imo.

< I would always cheat on my Pokemon games as a kid. lost interest after doing so xD >

who needs to cheats when you have awesome people to play with ^^

OH MY LANTA! Why didn't you asked Mama Goose!? The Ring quest is posted here.

Expect a PM from me here when I get home form work later. :laugh:

Cheers!

SharkGodz is actually me. Hahaha.

THIS^ haha what a twist

SharkGodz is actually me. Hahaha.

THIS^ haha what a twist

DUDE SERIOUSLY!!! My jaw dropped when I found out it was Sotong.

Mama Goose cried....Mama Goose is soooo damn proud adopting his alternate! T___T