markadik21

Can I Have A Suggestions.. Can We Have A Room That Can Practice Breaking Emp.

Finally! This thread is now making sense. Rather than those a 1 liner comment or a quote.

Not bragging but 2/23/14 PH, I got 4 breaks w/o any back up. As I said before, it took me months to test it all out and yes I tested it on my dummy monster and actual woe. I'm not the best but I know I got my results and I'm still not satisfied. To prove that I tested it on those dummies, here is a SS of me testing out my card combos w/c is a part of that word doc I mentioned.

S0Zl4XN.jpg

Take note of the date. I blocked out my stats and gears for confidential matters. If you are going to say I'm hunting, I'm not. I already got my ring.

More breakers, then guilds would need to defend.. Then more competition.. Ooooohh weeeeeeeee

People would think it would be too easy to break that they would form a solo guild. What makes you think you need to defend it if there is 20 solo breakers hitting your Emperium at the very last minute? Also, it's not about just having the best card combo, so what if you found the best card combo? Are you gonna go full break whenever you're at the Emperium without other factors that may cause you to not get the castle? It's not just how high your damage should be as a breaker but in the end it's all about who is gonna get the last hit. Again, for breaking, there is no such thing as best combo, eveif I use main gauche, I could still break the damn castle. Some people got stripped off their weapon and still manage to get the castle on last minute. The reason for you wanting to see your damage is not about finding out the best combo, it's just vanity. Besides normal hit damage caps out around 32k if I'm not mistaken. There is no way you can find out what your damage is like.

I find it to be a reasonable and helpful idea. I don't have the time to attend every woe as I work 7 days a week 9 hours a day. I think the only WoE I know for sure that I can attend is Saturdays.

Whether there's solo breakers or not from the Emp room, there's eventually going to be an aggressive guild that'll have the proper pre-cast to stop them.

I'm all for this idea, you get a baseline of how effective your build is. Just because there's an emp breakin room doesn't mean I'm going to throw survivability factor out the window.

If the emps show HP, then we'll know what kind of damage we're putting out.

Plus whoever came up with the breaking ladder, that was a pretty decent idea. But it'd have to be like a dispel on entry and no parties allowed or something to prevent gospel & shit. Self buffs only.

I find it to be a reasonable and helpful idea. I don't have the time to attend every woe as I work 7 days a week 9 hours a day. I think the only WoE I know for sure that I can attend is Saturdays.

Whether there's solo breakers or not from the Emp room, there's eventually going to be an aggressive guild that'll have the proper pre-cast to stop them.

I'm all for this idea, you get a baseline of how effective your build is. Just because there's an emp breakin room doesn't mean I'm going to throw survivability factor out the window.

If the emps show HP, then we'll know what kind of damage we're putting out.

Plus whoever came up with the breaking ladder, that was a pretty decent idea. But it'd have to be like a dispel on entry and no parties allowed or something to prevent gospel & shit. Self buffs only.

As for the comment earlier about the modded client. The client already has WoE damage enabled, I just verified this (since I'm the one who made it, I know where to look).

The inability to see damage in WoE is due to compensate for the lag that already is occurring in WoE and to keep people's strategical armor choices unaware to the enemies (something that I personally abused to stay alive with relative ease).

I still stand by my earlier opinion. Do we need more breakers and the idea above here of 20 solo breakers already ruins the purpose of WoE. It's about a good attack/defense mechanism where a guild (possibly with allies) defends a castle or multiple castles to keep a strong position. But instead, every person wants to see that broadcast with their names for an ego boost, lowering the economy just to complain that no one ever gets the rare drops.

As cutiepie said (I mean trans, but his forum name is too hard to think of) it is possible to narrow down the 'ideal' build for WoE by practicing on other, already available, sources.

For the guy complaining about not being able to attend woe regularly. I had a similar dilemma before where I could only attend SAT and SUN woe due to work. So like you, I did not have a means of testing it. So I tried the next best thing, A dummy emp. Its a matter of trial and error and patience as well.

cutiepie? Give me a black emp and Im' yours :D

For the guy complaining about not being able to attend woe regularly. I had a similar dilemma before where I could only attend SAT and SUN woe due to work. So like you, I did not have a means of testing it. So I tried the next best thing, A dummy emp. Its a matter of trial and error and patience as well.

cutiepie? Give me a black emp and Im' yours :D

Wasn't complaining, just stating a point.

As far as I'm concerned, that's not an entirely accurate reading seeing as how I'd be a Thana breaker & use O Hels. Size & defense difference.

Edit; Either way, this wouldn't kill WoE.

And to whomever is worried about 20 solo breakers, as that is possible it's also likely to be otherwise as well.

Could make guilds narrow their breakers down to the 4 self-opinionated best breakers & work on their defense & pre-cast team from there on.

Anything could happen with this implementation, I personally have an open mind and find it would be a useful tool to separate strays from the big dogs.

Edited by Zombee

Wasn't complaining, just stating a point.

As far as I'm concerned, that's not an entirely accurate reading seeing as how I'd be a Thana breaker & use O Hels. Size & defense difference.

Edit; Either way, this wouldn't kill WoE.

And to whomever is worried about 20 solo breakers, as that is possible it's also likely to be otherwise as well.

Could make guilds narrow their breakers down to the 4 self-opinionated best breakers & work on their defense & pre-cast team from there on.

Anything could happen with this implementation, I personally have an open mind and find it would be a useful tool to separate strays from the big dogs.

Then I find your point invalid. So what if its not an accurate reading, more to that how can you even tell if its inaccurate? For all we know I may have the correct card set and what just seperates me from the others it that I dont got any back up. I'm one of the solo breakers out there who manages to break as often as I could. My methods and research as well as my hardwork is paying off. Having this suggestion just means more sinx. I mean, guilds I have heard of pay a reward to the sinx with the winning break. This would motivate them to play sinx. Greed and ego are also a reason more sinx would come out.

AFAIK, right now there are 4 solo breakers. I agree that having 20 solo breakers has a low chance of occuring but 20 breakers in a guild would more be likely. Added the example that I have given. I dont believe narrowing breakers would work as well. Some players purely main their sinx. So I dont believe they would just give it up.

You say you have an open mind but you agree to a breaking ladder what would become of the other classes then? What they didn't do anything and only that sinx name would be on the ladder rather than the guild or group? Disabling gospel as well? So the event would be all about who the best breaker is? Personally I'd love to see my name there but seeing that it is only meant for a certain class, screw it.

Is your intention really to seperate the strays from the big dogs as you said or are you just trying to get a much easier way to be a breaker?

Seriously. Whats the problem with @mi 1288? Its right there. Guides are all over the sinx forum. I read most of them as my source and my other sources would be google and RMS. People nowadays are just lazy.

Edited by qperteplex
  • Like 1

let go and give it a try.. to have emp room.. its will help alot breaker and more new player as well.

try to think of it :)

I'm not one to say this. But you seriously need to "think" before you start posting. Try eating your own advice. I'm not trying to start a flame war with you but I am just merely addressing that your post is non-beneficial to our discussion that "you" started.

• Like 2

-1 go get some killers so other breaks cant full. For sure youll have a higher chance of last hitting lol

Edited by carlooreste

try to think of it :)

Basically you gave a +1 comment w/c stated in suggestion rules is to not to give merely a +1. I feel that you just have hidden intentions of suggesting this and sugar coating it with "more new players" and hopefully these are donators or players who can vote to keep the server at the top. Can you give a valid reason why this should be approved otherwise I would have confirmed that my hunch about you and your intentions is right.

Wouldn't a suggestion like this allow more people to participate in WoE and make it more competitive? I understand people are protective of things they've worked hard for, but wouldn't it be better and more enjoyable to be challenged more?

I'm a bit torn on this because I can see points on both sides of the argument. I think the real question here is whether or not this would help improve WoE or not.

I've stated my opinions on it and I still stand by it.

Anyone who disagree, I personally find to be very shallow-minded on the subject. And there's still no way to ACCURATELY determine dps outside of an emperium from what I can tell.

Also, you could WoE a thousand times and never know what the optimal card combo is.

Wouldn't a suggestion like this allow more people to participate in WoE and make it more competitive? I understand people are protective of things they've worked hard for, but wouldn't it be better and more enjoyable to be challenged more?

I'm a bit torn on this because I can see points on both sides of the argument. I think the real question here is whether or not this would help improve WoE or not.

I really do not think it would help. Emp room only helps one specific type, which is the breakers, be it sinx or any other breaking class we rarely see. It would just encourage people to create their own guild, use their own breakers and do solo breaking. Creating one more castle for one more woe would have been more helpful to get people to participate in it.

I've stated my opinions on it and I still stand by it.

Anyone who disagree, I personally find to be very shallow-minded on the subject. And there's still no way to ACCURATELY determine dps outside of an emperium from what I can tell.

Also, you could WoE a thousand times and never know what the optimal card combo is.

Likewise, anyone who wanted the emp room, I personally see them as a bit lazy and wanted to be spoon fed. It goes both ways.

And if the emp room does not exactly accurately determine the dps, then what is its use? To have a gauge on what your damage is? If that is the case, there are a lot of mobs in RO that could do that. Why waste a bit of time and effort on the part of the GMs to make a map and script for a practice emp room?

If you participated in WoE for thousands of times and still do not know what cards to use on different occasions, you are doing something wrong.

• Like 1

lets give it a try and u will see what im saying..... other server have thana room also.. and they love it... and other dont think there card can be using it in a right way ... so they can see there own build.. and strategy.. if its REALLY A good Card they using and HOW MUCH Damage it will be...

Lets give it a try... and u will see WHAT IM SAYING... Hope u understand... and to those who disagree ... i hope ... u can give us a good comment not... just try to say "HEY BRO I DONT LIKE THAT.. BECAUSE IM NOT SINX" Just give it a Try... :)

Edited by markadik21

I'm a damn sinx and I disagree because of the reasons I've stated. I stand by it, but it's just my two cents. I just don't like seeing these to be breaker orientated, woe is all about team work. You need to strike a balance and this isn't one of it, why render other classes from its usefulness?

actually this suggestion is not good "less challenge" ...............

"disagree"

Edited by bataclanmarriel

lets give it a try and u will see what im saying..... other server have thana room also.. and they love it... and other dont think there card can be using it in a right way ... so they can see there own build.. and strategy.. if its REALLY A good Card they using and HOW MUCH Damage it will be...

Lets give it a try... and u will see WHAT IM SAYING... Hope u understand... and to those who disagree ... i hope ... u can give us a good comment not... just try to say "HEY BRO I DONT LIKE THAT.. BECAUSE IM NOT SINX" Just give it a Try... :)

Just because other servers have them, does not mean it is the best idea.

I used to break on bow stalker and used to break on sinx as well, what's your point then? Took me a while to get what I should do on either character depending on situation since I rarely WoE even back then as a breaker(as I prefer supports like wizards, biochem and trap sniper), should not take you long enough to figure it out if you worked for it a bit since you main sinx.

I really do not think it would help. Emp room only helps one specific type, which is the breakers, be it sinx or any other breaking class we rarely see. It would just encourage people to create their own guild, use their own breakers and do solo breaking. Creating one more castle for one more woe would have been more helpful to get people to participate in it.

Likewise, anyone who wanted the emp room, I personally see them as a bit lazy and wanted to be spoon fed. It goes both ways.

And if the emp room does not exactly accurately determine the dps, then what is its use? To have a gauge on what your damage is? If that is the case, there are a lot of mobs in RO that could do that. Why waste a bit of time and effort on the part of the GMs to make a map and script for a practice emp room?

If you participated in WoE for thousands of times and still do not know what cards to use on different occasions, you are doing something wrong.

Dude, what the fuck are you talking about?

When did I say the emp room wouldn't accurately show your damage?

I was talking about that kid who was testing in odin tem...

His method isn't that accurate is what I'm saying, esp for thana breakers.

Having an Emp room isn't being spoon fed, nor does it make anyone lazy. I seriously have a hard time seeing your guys logic.

I could just throw some cards in my items, have broken a couple of times and said damn I have the best card combo, yet my cards could be way off and I've had them in my weapons for over a year.

Changing cards constantly and "testing" during WoE is beyond in-accurate, and unless you're the only one breaking the emp while it's at full health on hundreds of occasions, which I highly doubt on this server, it's not gonna happen.

So I don't really see your point.

Being spoon fed is the GMs doing testing on the Emp and telling us what the best card combos are, not us doing all the testing ourselves.

We still have to put in the effort of recarding for what could be hours before we get the right card combo.

How would this render other classes from its usefulness?

I don't see how a Emp breaking room for plateau'ing your characters ability to break only relates to SinXs. I've seen WS's break too.

If all you get out of this is the idea that it'll ONLY bring in a bunch of breakers, you're shallow and lack optimism.

Not going to debate it, I feel that I'm completely right and I bet you do too. So let's not sit here and quote each other back & forth, because it's a waste of time.

The decision is ultimately up to the GMs and if they feel it would better the server for newcomers or not, not to help protect what the elitists think is right.

So, we'll see where it goes.

Dude, what the fuck are you talking about?

When did I say the emp room wouldn't accurately show your damage?

I was talking about that kid who was testing in odin tem...

His method isn't that accurate is what I'm saying, esp for thana breakers.

Having an Emp room isn't being spoon fed, nor does it make anyone lazy. I seriously have a hard time seeing your guys logic.

I could just throw some cards in my items, have broken a couple of times and said damn I have the best card combo, yet my cards could be way off and I've had them in my weapons for over a year.

Changing cards constantly and "testing" during WoE is beyond in-accurate, and unless you're the only one breaking the emp while it's at full health on hundreds of occasions, which I highly doubt on this server, it's not gonna happen.

So I don't really see your point.

Being spoon fed is the GMs doing testing on the Emp and telling us what the best card combos are, not us doing all the testing ourselves.

We still have to put in the effort of recarding for what could be hours before we get the right card combo.

How would this render other classes from its usefulness?

I don't see how a Emp breaking room for plateau'ing your characters ability to break only relates to SinXs. I've seen WS's break too.

If all you get out of this is the idea that it'll ONLY bring in a bunch of breakers, you're shallow and lack optimism.

Not going to debate it, I feel that I'm completely right and I bet you do too. So let's not sit here and quote each other back & forth, because it's a waste of time.

The decision is ultimately up to the GMs and if they feel it would better the server for newcomers or not, not to help protect what the elitists think is right.

So, we'll see where it goes.

I take it you were referring to me when you said "that kid testing in odin tem". Then can you please explain to me how "that kid" broke that emp numerous times?

If I get those amount of breaks through the various tests that I have been doing, I highly doubt you would call that luck.

Getting that emp room would motivate more players to play sinx either for fame or greed. More sinx, less other classes.

Wouldnt take you hundreds of card attempts if you know how card stacking and card cap works or even how the law of diminishing return works. I learned those stuff while learning to be a breaker.

So if you cant comprehend the logic we are throwing at you like the logic that you cant get by typing and understanding @mi 1288 then I suggest you dont be a breaker at all.

All in all, I see it as you guys who keep pushing this only got the resources to gear up a sinx, especially the guy who suggested this for the 2nd time and cant even give a valid argument and just says "lets give it a try", its just that you guys dont know shit about being a breaker. So I still see this as a ploy for you guys to get an EASY WAY to be a breaker hence spoon feeding.