markadik21

Can I Have A Suggestions.. Can We Have A Room That Can Practice Breaking Emp.

can we have a room that can practice breaking emp.. like other server.. so we can use are own build. card.. so we can we whats the best way to break...

Edited by markadik21

Use an excel spreadsheet and do some simple damage modifier calculations and you will know what the best combination is.

yeah i think we need this one to help improve the breakers....

No.

Sadly, It is being reviewed by the GMs. I am also against this. Come on, there are like a bunch of breaker guides out there which I used some as reference. I even made a word file with lots and lots damage calculations with various card combinations using skeggiold as my target(reason why you would see me in odin_tem03) and it took me months to test it all out. I even posted a question once about the breaker build not to suggest something like this, but just to ask some stuff(http://www.forsaken-ro.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=23883).

Nothing I can do as it is being reviewed but still

-1 spoon feeding

i saw dis and it made me smile dont know y...hmm this suggestion has a gud part...for newbies like me..

but how bout those people i mean old players...here in fro who tried their best and never get tired of finding a way for having a gud combi. of cards for breaking ^_^

Is more breakers really what this server needs? The information is already out there in the form of guides.

It may be that practicing would be more ideal, but that's what the five WoE's every week are for too.

But, what are the conditions? Equal emperium health/stats, accessible to everyone or private rooms? Do people have to pay to get in, if so, how much would you suggest.

You guys need to be specific, read those PINNED topics. They are pinned for a reason.

Unless you have a modded client you wouldnt normally know how much damage youre doing, nor how long it takes you personally as an individual player to break an emp.

I want to see how effective my card combo and build is vs Emperiums. Not just pray that Im using the right cards and get a lucky hit n go BINGO BEST BUILD.

• Like 1

haha zombee i like that....."I want to see how effective my card combo and build is vs Emperiums. Not just pray that Im using the right cards and get a lucky hit n go BINGO BEST BUILD." hehehe

A similar topic has already been reviewed GM, so this topic isnt necessary anymore xD but yeah, players should not pay just to get inside the room, it should be free, like anyone can use it.. And put a ladder, like records the top fastest times, show the emp's hp, emp would be the same as the one used in woe..

And using the woe's to practice isnt ideal, we want to know which is the best combo we can use,. If we do it during woe, there are defenders and competition, if you get the break, then yeah, but then next woe, you get no break, so it isnt the best time to practice and to figure out which cards work better together..

It's one way to help players get better, I dont really see anything wrong with it.. There are guides, but you would want to test the guides out, or to change it up for yourself if it's not working for you.. :)

It has been reviewed anyways, and according to GM Vera, will be added sometime in the future :) so good job guys, we'll be getting it soon :D

Edited by plok123

I worked hard as a breaker but unfortunately this is not the main reason why I am against this. It is as what GM Sensation had mentioned in his comment, is more breakers really necessary? There would be lacking of other important classes that plays a huge role in a WoE, proffs, paladin and etc. Even if you implemented a mini WoE, there wouldn't be an actual reward, therefore the people who would join in would also be minimal, so it really isn't a direct simulation to an actual WoE, how would one improve on that context? Again, a mini WoE? So is there a specific time for this room to be open to public for people to test it out? Then why not just test it out in the actual WoE? How many people are willing to waste their commodity for a practice WoE? Would people be playing as how they play in an actual WoE? Please think through before making a suggestion like this, it's not about being elitist, it's about thinking what is best for the server. We are veterans because we have been in this game for a long time and know what works in this server and we are always open to new suggestion that brings improvement to this server, we don't like things to just stay the way it is, it gets old and boring. Also, we veteran players would want to stay on top but not this way. Who would want to be on top if there isn't a challenge out there, there would be nothing to play for anymore. Mind your words before accusing the veteran players, we were once in your position. Sorry I went off topic, I just needed you to see it in a different light.

I am gonna side with Shane here. fRO is already a newbie friendly server compared to what it was a few years back. But there is a certain line where newbie friendly becomes spoon feeding.

I really see no point in an emp breaking room aside from seeing your damage on the emp. And you can't rely on just damage since there are a lot of factors to be considered.

If I remember correctly, there was one point in time in fRO where we had 2 clients, one is normal and the other shows damage even on WoE(my memory is hazy, but i really do remember it happening or it was a different server). People thought that being able to see their damage will make them better breakers, but they were horribly wrong They just see their damage, that's it. The same breakers from the guilds still broke well.

I myself think it is a waste of time to code something that people are gonna use a few times. Cmon, once you find the "best" card combo you can do, I do not think you are gonna use the room again. The best breakers wouldn't even bother using the room since they know what works.

There are other ways to roughly measure your damage on the emp(monsters that are roughly the same attributes as an emp can be used to measure stuff). I really do not see any need for another method.

Tip: The best way to find the best card combo for breaking? Attend every woe.

I dont agree to this. Having a "Practice Breaking Emp Room" is too much spoon feeding for other breakers. The thrill of emp breaking will be gone if there will be a practice room. I played being a breaker for almost a year now. My suggestion is. Do some research. Dont be so lazy. There are lots of card combo's. Try each build every woe.

dont just ..want to have luck at WOE... not knowing the build and effect of it.... good own build for satisfaction ...not Just for Luck...

dont just ..want to have luck at WOE... not knowing the build and effect of it.... good own build for satisfaction ...not Just for Luck...

It really isn't luck. Those breakers that always break got their builds due to trial and error. Experience is a big thing. Even if you guys get this practice room, it will not replace what experience can give. Trust me on this, even if you find out your damage due to this practice room, it will not help much if you are up against experienced breakers.

Plok gave out a decent breaking guide, that is more than enough to be honest.

• Like 1