cmdshft

New Members, Not New To Ro. Hello!

Hello, I am cmdshft.

I am obviously new here but I am not new to RO at all.

If you've jumped around servers about 7 years ago, I started out with the name Hara Taiki and I was very prominent in the community. The first server I ever played on was WhateeRO, for about a year or so. I was part of the biggest guild on the server and eventually became a moderator on the forums as well as a GM. Not long after, I began learning my ways around eAthena (I'm talking around r4K) and shortly after was put in charge of maintaining the server versions as well as updating the database files.

After some time, some of the prominent members of my guild and I decided to split from WhateeRO due to some issues with management relations and the community and began building and testing trunk eAthena builds and using the GRF tools and such to diff our own patcher, build a website and launch VanquishRO. WhateeRO had collapsed and shut down by this time. We managed to borrow some ideas from that server and we came up with lots of cool stuff on the server. If I recall, we ran for about another year and a half, mostly because of financial and time restraints. I really miss running and playing on that server, the community was really nice and had gotten well over 300 players up until the time we were forced to shut down for personal reasons, as we could not afford to move the server to a dedicated machine on a faster network, yada yada.

After that much of the team moved on, had school, had children, etc. Personally, I stopped following development of the RO game. I just recently gained some interest in playing and heard about the Renewal efforts (bleh, pre-renewal forever!) and found this server.

Hopefully I will enjoy playing on here periodically when I can.

Anyway, a little personal stuff about myself... I am 27, I am an EMT and I work a hectic schedule. I am dating a beautiful nerdy ginger girl who I adore with all my heart. And I really hope to get to know some people on this server.

If anyone here happens to be from WhateeRO or VanquishRO, please contact me! Hopefully I get to be reacquainted with some people.

That's all for now. Any questions, feel free to ask!

Edited by cmdshft