Red Monkey

What Is Your Ping? Which Ping Is "needed" To Compete In Pvp

Hi Forsaken Players,

iam really new here and want to PvP someday (WoE) included. I farmed the last Days iam here and was wondering if my short delay is "normal".

So i pinged the Server with cmd, if u dont know what i mean:

Press Windows Key + R and type cmd -> enter

then u type <ping forsakenserver.net>

there u will see how high/low your ping is.

So i got 150ms Ping. Guess its high cause the Server is located in the USA and iam in Germany.

To the Americans: How high is your Ping?

To the European: Can we compete in PvP with this delay?

PS: i really love the Server and like what i saw the last days(my first days), so great job to the Staff :)

PSS: Searching for a progressive Guild :P (not to lazy to farm my stuff on own)

Average American ping ranges from anywhere to 10-80. Mine stays around 20~30. I wouldn't worry about it too much though, I know players with a lot higher ping that can still PvP better than most. In fact, one of the best Champs I know lives in Germany as well and he has no problem at all.

Edited by adam-

Ping isn't as important as the quality of your connection/ISP. If your ISP isn't great but the ping still is below 100, it's still not that useful.

At some point you'll get used to your own ping and that's the base of your playstyle. It makes it easier for certain classes at a lower ping, but it doesn't guarantee that you play nicer as your time intervals for skills are shorter to spam, you'll need to be able to keep up with that speed too (higher skill cap).

Short answer, ping matters, but not too much. European players can compete with those from the USA, as it's more a skill thing than anything else.

Even though I agree with Sensation on most parts. I am of opinion that ping does play a major part in PvP. It is true that it has more impact on some classes than others. The class you'll notice ping difference most on is champion. Champion is one of the very few classes that benefit from low ping because they have low skill cooldowns and are all about speed. 150 ping is on the edge for champion. you won't be the fastest , you won't be the slowest either you'll just need to get used to the rhytm combined with your ping.

You should definitely be able to compete in pvp with 150 ping on pretty much every class :) Anything above that you'll notice a disadvantage on certain jobs. But in the end a lot comes down to player skill.

After playing a few games I can safely say that RO is heavily dependent on ping compared to other games. If you have around 200 or less on most games you can compete with anyone no probelm, but for RO is another story. The closer you are to 40 and lower the greater advantage you will see when fignting other players.