xSeraphina

How To Deal With Obsessively Camped Mvp's?

I don't want to cause any problems, however every time I've checked on the turtle general, the same guild is there and they all crowd around it and kill it before you can even blink. This repeats an hour later, and the only time we managed to take the mvp for ourselves was my mage spamming ice walls to block them off (which can be easily cleared, and I was threatened to be reported for) and have my friend finish it off. This has had a somewhat success rate but I run into other players who experience the same issue where they come to try and fight the MVP but this weirdo gang that seems to be around every hour 24/7 is there. Is there any way to deal with this, or does this one specific guild just own the turtle general now?

to be completely honest no one owns it. it just so happens that a certain set of people focus on Tg as the mvp of choice. its always been like this honestly i think the fact people threaten to be reported is what seems way over board. tg isnt like thana it isnt a million token card and it spawns ever hour. i think people are just either bored/they camp tg as a quick way to make tokens. we all gotta start somewhere

Well, back then, we just kill the campers off. Now that you can't, this becomes a problem since they can just camp on him without worrying. I definitely would rather want his map have pvp on since that actually gives new guys a bit of chance(being able to hit them with storm gust etc) and when new guys can call other people for help. Right now, nothing can be done if you are a newbie.

to be completely honest no one owns it. it just so happens that a certain set of people focus on Tg as the mvp of choice. its always been like this honestly i think the fact people threaten to be reported is what seems way over board. tg isnt like thana it isnt a million token card and it spawns ever hour. i think people are just either bored/they camp tg as a quick way to make tokens. we all gotta start somewhere

Yeah, and I understand maybe a few times a day. However, this same guild comes literally EVERY hour 24/7 with like 15 other of their gay members. They keep a timer on it, and it's just pathetic. I even got fustrated and said "well, I give up" and the guy had the audacity to say "We don't share MVP with others". So, this basically forces players to have no choice but to spend actual money on a pixelated card or to go hack at expensive MVP rooms, which is great and all but I was hoping to not have to do that?? Check back on TG and myself as well as some other noobs will want to throw a shot at it, yet we don't stand a chance 'cause I blink and they all asura strike it and it's dead. So, my strategy has been just to icewall them off and hope it doesn't spawn near them and now I'm being threatened to be reported because I trapped them in ice walls (which are easy to clear) so that they couldn't get the card they all seem to have in bulk anyways.

If PVP is such a problem in there, I suggest that the autoloot still goes to the player who dealt the most damage towards the MVP - dead or not. I don't know what this will get me, but it's annoying for myself as well as other new players.

the autoloot still goes to the player who dealt the most damage towards the MVP - dead or not.
I'm afraid this would be a massive overhaul on game mechanics. However I believe we are looking into making TG spawn at random spots on the map so it can not be camped as easily. : http://www.forsaken-ro.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=26330
  • Like 1

i think i know the party that always camping MVPs . xD

i often meet them when i searching for MVP not only in TG haha

+1 for randomize the TG spawn

Edited by Ackerman

GG . +1 on the Random spawn point of TG.. Well, making TG spot random will make just little change but won't stop them from hunting TG. It will take away camping though it will not stop them from hunting. Just a thought, and we're not the only one hunting 24/7, there are some other parties too, we even get engaged in pvp with them while hunting sometimes in pk areas, but we stay our cool because we know how to respect other hunters not by putting random icewalls on the map :D . And as far as i know, there are no rules that are being broken by hunting 24/7 ^_^v We don't own MVP's as to say that we don't share them. We just hunt and pass around time so other members can hunt them too. Its how we make our bread and butter in fRO.

Lol if a guild has members and ppl willing to commit to hunting. A MVP 24/7 then they deserve it.

U could always join their ranks if u njoy killing it.

U can't say just cause u killed it once u can't do it again

Its not like they are using bots they too are spending the same or more time hunting it

And they have a nice grp to do it .

plus its not like u need to now donate to get card..

They are still on sale for zeny/ tokens so just farm those..

Too bad this no life guild is still camping TG, i guess things will never change...

Could it be possible to add more spawn spots for some npc?

Cards will drop in price then , but they would be more available to more people.

As I have suggested in another thread with regards to EoF, I think we can just give these mvps longer varied spawn time. Like probably 30-90 mins for TG, 60-120 mins for Detale.

As for the hardcore campers, i somewhat agree with nilo that if they put in time and effort to hunt it the legit way, you cannot condemn them just because you cannot commit the time and feel frustrated. We can try to change the situation for the greater good of the server if you feel it is unhealthy for the market if an item is monopolized by a certain group of ppl, or if it is too difficult for new players to compete. But i think we do not need to go to the extent of insulting them.

As I have suggested in another thread with regards to EoF, I think we can just give these mvps longer varied spawn time. Like probably 30-90 mins for TG, 60-120 mins for Detale.

As for the hardcore campers, i somewhat agree with nilo that if they put in time and effort to hunt it the legit way, you cannot condemn them just because you cannot commit the time and feel frustrated. We can try to change the situation for the greater good of the server if you feel it is unhealthy for the market if an item is monopolized by a certain group of ppl, or if it is too difficult for new players to compete. But i think we do not need to go to the extent of insulting them.

"We can try to change the situation for the greater good of the server if you feel it is unhealthy for the market if an item is monopolized by a certain group of ppl, or if it is too difficult for new players to compete." This. ^

Honestly, best solution would be fixing the damn Abracadabra spell to spawn MVPs once again.

Whoa, this is new to me. Hocus pocus can't spawn MVPs anymore? This was my goto fall back as a n00b back in the day.

• Like 1