nilo16

Return Of The Sheild Chain

With the use of ghostring , raydrics , range reduction and various damage redux.

Has led to a virtual death of the sc paladin.

If we could revive it how could we go about it

I can think of 2 ways pls feel free to discuss

1. Make thanatos/ice pick effect work with shield chain

. what that will do is at least force a slight gear change on cloaks where u will have to switch in raydrixs for skool. Ghostring already makes tanking it relative easy but now u have a little extra punch.

Or

2. Enable converter elemental change to

. It won't be a ignore def skill like Spiral or so so it should be easier to handle.

just to keep in mind to make sc effective paladins will have to give up on tankyness . And be more str oriented so we don't have to worry about a case where I just added damage to a real tanky guy.

This was already suggested and was looked into. Genesis already added damage on for holy cross on the valk weapon/legendary.

http://www.forsaken-ro.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=25151

SC uses the shield you have, converters change the element of your weapon. I am not sure if it can be done, but SC does alot of damage when the users are not using the ghost element(frozen or stoned). I don't think this would be nice really.

As I already said in your other topic, it is really easy to force people to go on raydric using Str based paladin. All you have to do is hit them with holy cross and your weapon has thanatos card.

A small increase in SC on the friggs shield might be good, but I don't see it right now since it seems rather fine at the moment.

1. Make thanatos/ice pick effect work with shield chain

. what that will do is at least force a slight gear change on cloaks where u will have to switch in raydrixs for skool. Ghostring already makes tanking it relative easy but now u have a little extra punch.

Or

2. Enable converter elemental change to

. It won't be a ignore def skill like Spiral or so so it should be easier to handle.

I personally think shield chain is fine as it is. It could get a small boost but if you know how to use the class (and are rich enough to play a battle pally) then you shouldn't have any issues.

1: I highly disagree with this. This would actually weaken paladins more than it'll boost them. Paladins right now can holy cross with thana to force skolls, then shield chain does more damage. Making shield chain have the thanatos effect as well renders paladins useless against someone with skolls. As shield chain would no longer do decent damage on skoll users and holy cross is too weak to be effective without thanatos card.

2: The % boosts that we have on shield chain right now should be toned down if we allow shield chain to have an element. Otherwise it would be doing constant 20k+ hits x 5 = 100k each shield chain. But again I don't really think shield chain needs a boost.

The main issue battle paladins have is that you MUST have a thana card to be effective. Even though I don't agree with making thanatos card needed to play a certain build from a class it is unfortunately this way with paladins and certain other class builds as well.

Sweet that's good to know info.

Im.a bit confused on how thana effect will reduce SC damage.

Cause it would only be used against some out scolls yes ..

If the person switches to skolls wouldn't u already switch wepon

To a non thana one.

cause now anyway u need a non thana wepon for

sc and thana one for holy cross yes. Cause sc gets no bonus

From thana.

giving it thana will make them switch scolls yes but then

They will switch out if rydric yes making sc viable. Also holy cross will hurt

With a normal wepon switch.

But right now we can't make enemy's switch unless we get holy cross with thana

But when they just equip angeling and raydricx2

u don't really force them to go skolls with holy cross and sc damage is also

Heavily reduced by dual rydric. Meaning enemy can just sit on one set of armours yes?

so as to avoid it being so easy to just tank the damage with just one set armour( raydricx2 - angeling ) combo

is why I was suggesting thana effect for sc or elements.

I've played on server with converters effecting sc , don't know how it was done.and yes the damage will have to be toned down

Similar to a spiralpierce balancing.

Shield Chain would hurt anyone not wearing GR armor. even with dual raydrics. In fact, if they indeed went angeling armor, I would have just used matyr and hit them. Str Pallies might not have the same HP as full matyr or devo ones, but the loss of gr card is enough to kill people that tried what you suggested.

As I see it, they are fine the way they are at the moment. The only thing they need is a thanatos weapon, and a non-thana weapon for SC or Matyr.

Oh yes sacrifice on angling might be what im missing out

My hp pool is not that high but its still may just work.

tks for that

But with all the redux available

f.Sheild(usa) , rydrics , and more redux even without ghostring the damage

Is highly reduced. so can't force any switch there

With sacrifice I can force them to ghostring perhaps .

so skolls w ghostring would then make it easy to tank ..

ghostring will negate sc and sacrifice to easy tankable damage

And holy cross with no thantos is no threat

so then default to ghostring - skolls

The last battle palladin I saw used thanatos + holy cross. Anyone switching to skolls would be hit for at least 5k-5.5k shield chain hits and the pally had the legendary weapon not the odins. Shield chain hits 5x so 5x5k = 25k each. In my opinion that's very solid damage considering how tanky paladins are at the same time and the amount of seeds they can carry with a str build.

Now to talk about the counters you mentioned. Switching to raydrics would make thana do lots of damage, switching to skolls would let SC do decent damage. If they go usakoring shield, ghostring armor, skoll/immune manteau and ring. Then you might do low damage, however with pallies tankyness you can outlast them or simply outlast their fcp and strip their shield to whoop their asses with your own shield afterwards.

There's a lot more to pallies than brute damage. Use your other advantages. You can guard hits, reduce ranged damage, you can make melee enemies bounce backwards with shrink (this way you can constantly bounce them back while spamming shield chain. If they want to counter it they'd have to use rsx. and that means no tao or no ghost). You can switch to massive reflect or if you simply want to outlast them. Use kiels and spam gloria domini to drain their sp and make them waste supplies :D.

You are a paladin, you aren't supposed to deal a whole lot of damage. Shield Chain hits 10k-20k each hit against non GR users with the right card setup, pretty much why it stays neutral. So for your 2nd suggestion, it isn't a good idea to do it, since it bypasses the only weakness of shield chain.

For your first suggestion of making thana work with shield chain, I don't see how it can help. Even if we actually accept that, you are still down to this dilemma: What if someone uses GR and Skolls? You would still be using a non-thana weapon to use Shield Chain/ Holy Cross with, which is the same right now. Your first suggestion actually won't change anything.

And I don't really call 3-5k each hit of Shield Chain easily tankable, considering the spam it can do, and the paladin's defensive skills. Status cards go with Shield Chain as well, you can break armors if you needed, freeze them if you can, or do what I do and try to stone curse them.

And I don't really call 3-5k each hit of Shield Chain easily tankable, considering the spam it can do, and the paladin's defensive skills. Status cards go with Shield Chain as well, you can break armors if you needed, freeze them if you can, or do what I do and try to stone curse them.
Agree with pretty much all you said except for this part. if your damage reaches as low as 3k each shield chain it'll be easy to tank. Also the spam rate of shield chain is very very low compared to most other skills on the server. It is easily tankable but it isn't such a big deal if you consider the HP and survivability + other options paladins have.

SC has a better spam now than I remember, I was comparing it to what made me nearly quit Str pally before.

Although if you do hit around 3k or less Shield Chain, you probably should try hitting with holy cross again.