Shadi

Wizard/magic Eyes/loli Hat/kafra Hairband Suggestions

Hello everyone,

After discussing the recent gunslinger change and comparing the wizard class to other classes I basically comfirmed that the Wizard class has a lot of downsides compared to other classes. To name a few in random order:

1: High wizards have the lowest HP of all classes on the server. with about 130 vit, skolls, 1 tao, friggs and cape, agi bless and +10 all stat food my high wizard reaches 155k hp. Getting the same gears/vit on any other class would get at least 210-220k+ hp.

2: In order to get anywhere near decent damage with High wizards you'll have to use custom hats (none fking set) such as Magic eyes hat. This hat has very nice effects for wizards, however it's only 1 slot and has no immunity to freeze. Yet Wizard's skills need 3 kiels to be able to spam. This leaves wizards(As only class in-game) vurnerable to freeze AND stone on their main gear-set. And that's not all, using this hat means you have to use a huge amount of agi to get max aspd. Many of the wizard's skill depends on attack speed aside from cooldown reduction.

In short : Wizard is forced to use custom hats (Loli/Magic eyes, Kafra headband, Piamette), leaves them vurnerable to stone and freeze , forces them to use a ton of agility to get max aspd.

3: As everyone knows wizard's main abilities are completely blocked by GTB. Wizards have to use stave crasher vs them. However, unlike many other classes wizards do not get a +100 or +80 hit bonus on their cape. Forcing them to use a phreeoni card and wasting another weapon card slot.

4: Let's take a look at the current blessed ring for high wizard.

High Wizard Blessed Ring:

Walking speed +15%
Reduce Damage taken from Demihumans by 5%
Reduce Vit def by 10%
HP +10%
SP +10%
Matk +20%
Int +35
Increase Damage with Cold Bolt by 15%

Some pretty neat bonusses right? I agree. However one thing I don't get. Why do we get a bonus on cold bolt? Cold bolt is a skill that's not used by any good wizard as water is one of the elements most used on the server. People will have reductions for it. Aside from that cold bolt spam on a high wizard is really slow, and again I'm missing the hit that wizards actually need for stave crasher.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now that we've summerized the biggest issues with the wizard class we can start with possible suggestions. I personally have thought of the following with priority on suggestion 1 and 2:

1: Wizard's main issue is their HP atm. I'd like to see an increase on the tao gunka card for wizard classes so they can at least get 200k hp like other classes. Without it only 1-2 reflect hits would kill a wizard. (My prof easily reaches 280k+ hp..)

2: For the second major issue I have thought of the following. Kafraband, Loli hat, Magic eyes, Piamette ears should give immunity to freeze. This will bring the magic classes on par with the melee ones. As for people claiming this would be OP. Physical damage dealers already have this with the ship captain hat, why wouldn't magic classes be able to have it too. Keep in mind the magic classes will still be vurnerable to stone curse (when they try to strip you or stave crash you) and that most of these hat's effects are already disabled for professor. So wizards will be getting the biggest boost from this.

I'd also like to suggest a small aspd boost on wiz highness. My wizard currently needs about 140 base agi (this is about 200agi in total) to get 195 aspd with the custom hat. This is a major downside of the wizard class atm. Many donation weapons give 5 to 10 aspd on this server. adding +5 aspd to the weapon should be fine.

3&4: I'd love to see a +80 hit on the cape and a +100 hit on the rings. With that the cursed ring would be perfect. The blessed ring I'd also recommend changing the cold bolt to earth spike damage instead but that's a minor suggestion. Not as big and neccesary as suggestion 1 and 2.

Let me know what you think, I'd gladly discuss and elaborate when needed :). Also, consider each suggestion individually. Thank you,

Shadi

Edit: Editted numbers after testing and confirming.

Edited by Shadi
  • Like 1

Some pretty neat bonusses right? I agree. However one thing I don't get. Why do we get a bonus on cold bolt? Cold bolt is a skill that's not used by any good wizard as water is one of the elements most used on the server. People will have reductions for it. Aside from that cold bolt spam on a high wizard is really slow, and again I'm missing the hit that wizards actually need for stave crasher.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In regards to this question, I think the reason is due to siroma or imp card which help additional of 50% more dmg to either firebolt or cold bolt. If you look at another point of view, the bonus for the cold bolt of 15% is really good as it makes up to 65% more dmg now in total. Like you mention, water is one of the most common element used on the server which is why we wizard should make use of both fire(meteor storm by using 2 salamander card that increase 80% more dmg) and water element (2 siroma card as well as ring which makes up to 65% more dmg) when fighting. I do agree that bolt is kinda slow and earthspike or napalm vulcan will be faster but the sad part is both does not have any card increment for their dmg =\

All in all I would say be it cold bolt or earthspike, single target magic is always at a disadvantage to wizard because a reflect of it can just kill us instantly due to the low hp. I do like the idea of loli hat being immune to freeze. wahha. That will be awesome. And yes definitely increase of wizard hp will be the best part of it. But well, the topic of increasing wizard hp had been said so many times and up till now it still remain the same. I think no one cares about wizard =(

Edited by Untitled

I still feel that the imp/siroma cards are part of the "prof cards". They benefit HUGELY on those due to double bolt, while wizards do not as much. Hell, Biochemists benefit more on imp/siroma cards due to the extra damage given by Jrage.

We should have variety. It isn't hard to create an accessory card that has the same buff of imp/siroma but on different skill.

The hp is definitely a problem. I have the best wing in the server(Eidelic) which gives 30% more hp, and even then, my prof still has better hp, and my prof uses scarf for god sakes.

Using the mage type hats(loli, magic eyes) that does not have immunity to freeze is a huge disadvantage. Add the fact that by not having the complete FSET you have to put more stuff in agi to get 195 aspd, which indirectly lowers either your damage or your hp(since you use more stats in agi)

On the highness: I would prefer that it gets the doppelganger card effect.

Thank you all for the input so far,

I also assumed the cold bolt buff was due to the siroma cards. However, as explained, wizards don't benefit from it as much as other classes do. That's also the reason why I suggested to change it :) This however is one of the less important suggestions.

I'm glad to see everyone agrees that wizards truly lack HP and that the custom hat issue is acknowledged as well. These 2 are major issues of the wizard class and I hope to get this changed.

@rayray I'd have to test and see how much effect doppelganger card would have to agree/disagree with it.

@rayray Thanks for the indication. That effect would certainly help a bunch. If I can get my hands on a doppelganger card I'll test it, just to double check :)

Yep, the dopple card only helps abit of the aspd which is still not good enough. I would prefer giving more hp% in the highness.[/size]

This is exactly why I stated to see each suggestion up there individually. Giving only hp, or only the aspd will still render the wizard class far beneath others. Getting both effects will grant them a very nice boost that should bring them on par. :)[/size] Edited by Shadi

Hello there. I used to have an attack wiz before during Osfa unbreakable 2.0 castle period (i am in Motto) but now i am just using wiz to farm my supplies and quest items.

1: For the 1st suggestion, I do agree with increasing the wizard's hp to get at least 200k hp as the wizard's hp is the lowest of trans. chars in game. This will help wizard class to survive longer even without devo. Most of time, they just die immediately when devo ran out or dispelled out of it. Wizard mostly stand still in safety wall with energy coat to make them survivable but this make them unable to move around very much.

2: For Kafraband, Loli hat, Magic eyes, Piamette ears should be given immunity to freeze. I do not agree with this part . Those hats effect boost the wiz's MATK very high than fhelm with following effect of 40% MATK increase (Kafraband); All Stats + 10, Inflict 20% more damage with Storm Gust, Lord of Vermillion and Meteor Storm and Matk + 15% (Loli and Magic eyes hats); and all stats +20 and int + 20 (Piamette ears). Wiz is a char that dishes out high MATK with wide AoE skills and fast spam rate. I do remember how Drae (wearing wiz's cape and magic eyes hat) easily killed dozen of ppl at emp's room entrance by spamming meteorstorm near the entrance (long ago though..). Also, magic chars can easily get 2x MATK by 'Mind Break' by just bringing an alt MBer with them unlike Atk chars which need to wait for 2x to show up by luck under gospell. By wearing those hats under 'MB', they give very high MATK damage that most ppl don't know what hit them when they suddenly died at entrance. About stone cursed, I seldom see wizard uses physical attack and stave crash in GVG, BR and Woe as they mostly spam MS, SG, JT and icewall the base....but I dont mind for the immune to stone cursed suggestion though. If you want immunity to freeze for those hats, expand it to cover all 2010's Halloween hats which include HoD, AoG, Tengu Mask and Necro Hood to be fair. A small aspd boost on wiz highness like +5 aspd is acceptable. With berserk pot, a wiz can saves some stats for their Hp.

3&4: I do agree with +80 hit on the cape and a +100 hit on the rings but i don't think changing the cold bolt to earth spike is necessary. Yes, ppl usually prepare reduct for water element attack for example cold resist potion. However when the enemy use this potion, wiz can easily JT them to death so cold bolt is still good option and there is siroma card to increase the cold bolt damage even if they do not give high spam of a prof.

This are my opinions for all the proposed suggestions. I hope that Wizard's class will be improved much better in future.

Hello Railgun, thank you for your feedback. As for my response.

1: I'm glad you agree with the HP boost as well :)

2: Yes, they do boost matk very high. However, so does ship captain hat for melee power. Keep in mind that 20% more physical damage works in multiple ways including race modifiers. Magic has no race modifiers and thus the bonus is higher. Consider fbh's as well. Physical classes get +100% dmg vs demi human while wizard only gets a 20% matk boost with 2 of them. Also yes we can mind breaker ourselfs. However that effects lasts a few seconds, Not as long as provoke and double attack from gospell. You can not start balancing based on buffs from outside classes. If we were going to do that we'd have to half all physical damage dealing characters' damage. So that is out of the question. You have to balance a class based on how good it is in all scenario's pvp but also group fights. In group fights wizards might be good combo'd with other classes, alone they are utterly crap. + Magic classes only have mind breaker while physical classes have: Power thrust, Weapon perfection, imposito manus, provoke and gospell. Physical damage dealers can increase their damage with buffs a lot more than magic ones. So again you can not start balancing on that.

I'll let you in on a little secret. I also remember the wizard Drae being able to wipe people. However I know drae only had 110k hp with a total of 200 vit and being on 2 salamander cards (so no skoll), freezable and stonecurse-able to be able to do so. In other words, going for that much damage leaves you 1 hittable for pretty much every thana user or any asura or 2-3 Acid demonstrations. + to get the high damage he also had no tao or ghostring. If you want to know how I know, the answer is simple. I am Drae.

I am asking for immunity for freeze not stone curse due to 2 reasons :

1: Ship captain hat gives the same immunity to freeze not stone curse. Why would melee classes be allowed to have a hat with massive boost to their damage and freeze immune while magic classes have to get immunity to stone curse instead, Even though melee classes attack with melee attacks a lot more. If you really want to make a difference between melee and magic. Then magic should get the immunity to freeze and melee to stone curse.

2: Without freeze immunity you will either 1: Render rings/capes/ballons completely but I really mean completely useless. Because you will be able to get frozen, or you'll be limited to fhelm and have very very low damage. Magic eyes hat and scarf is pretty much even to ring + fhelm, so why would you waste an insane amount of tokens or real money on a cape/ring if it won't give any advantages? OR you can use anti freeze in armor leaving you with either no tao or no ghost. This will leave wizards even more squishy than they already are.

3: I get your point on this one with the cold bolt. It's not as big of an issue as I've mentioned as well. Cold bolt works, it's just not as effective. Yet this change is less important than 1 and 2.

Edited by Shadi

@Shadi it was awesome to know that people remember your wizard. It was fun pvping alongside your wiz as I remember it.

The thing to remember about physical attack and magic attack is that magic attack has a range it follows. Compared to physical classes using Ship captain, the magic eyes/lolihat wizard's damage is still far. Physical damage is at least very stable. Add the fact that it was easy to ignore the physical defense using crit, incant card OR forcing people to use skolls so their defense is around negative. Magic does a lot of damage, but not comparable to most burst skills that physical classes do.

I see no harm making the magiceyes/lolihat have the immunity to freeze. The kafra band might need some tests though.

The priority should be, at the very least, is wizard's capability to survive. The HP comes first, then the immunity to freeze. Then we can discuss the changes/suggestions regarding skills

The aspd bonus suggestion on the highness is actually a big thing, it should compensate the huge aspd loss of not wearing a complete fset. Since at the moment, if a wizard wants to deal high enough damage to be at least competitive, he has to use one of the headgears. also by using one of the headgears, it follows that the HP suffers as well. Then add the huge setback of having no immunity to freeze.

The suggestions mentioned were well thought out that they all compliment each other. Having a bit of HP helps a lot, making the headgears have immunity to freeze increases the survival capacity of the wizard, and adding a little bit of aspd on the highness compensates the loss of the full fset bonus and having +100 hit on the rings makes it so that the wizard does not need to use phree card on the weapon, thus enabling him to put other cards that can increase his stave damage.

@Shadi it was awesome to know that people remember your wizard. It was fun pvping alongside your wiz as I remember it.

Yup it's fun to see that people still remember it. Soon it'll be back :) I'm in the progres of catching up with gears again (ring and urds) and maining wizard once more.

The thing to remember about physical attack and magic attack is that magic attack has a range it follows. Compared to physical classes using Ship captain, the magic eyes/lolihat wizard's damage is still far. Physical damage is at least very stable. Add the fact that it was easy to ignore the physical defense using crit, incant card OR forcing people to use skolls so their defense is around negative. Magic does a lot of damage, but not comparable to most burst skills that physical classes do.

True that. And lets not forget that magic is instantly blocked with the use of gtb, or easily countered with a card like maya. While physical damage can not be evaded/reduced as easily.

I see no harm making the magiceyes/lolihat have the immunity to freeze. The kafra band might need some tests though.

I added kafra for 1 reason: Why on earth would you get kafra if you can still get frozen ? XD; that's basically suicide vs any good player. + it doesn't add stats so you'll need even more agi for max aspd, and even less HP than with loli hat etc.

The priority should be, at the very least, is wizard's capability to survive. The HP comes first, then the immunity to freeze. Then we can discuss the changes/suggestions regarding skills

Agreed survivability first, then the others. However adding just HP will not be enough. being freezable, no matter how much HP you have ruins any chances of winning during a fight. Switching to fset makes your stave crasher damage way too low to fight gtbers.

The aspd bonus suggestion on the highness is actually a big thing, it should compensate the huge aspd loss of not wearing a complete fset. Since at the moment, if a wizard wants to deal high enough damage to be at least competitive, he has to use one of the headgears. also by using one of the headgears, it follows that the HP suffers as well. Then add the huge setback of having no immunity to freeze.

Yup you got the complete point I was trying to make :)

The suggestions mentioned were well thought out that they all compliment each other. Having a bit of HP helps a lot, making the headgears have immunity to freeze increases the survival capacity of the wizard, and adding a little bit of aspd on the highness compensates the loss of the full fset bonus and having +100 hit on the rings makes it so that the wizard does not need to use phree card on the weapon, thus enabling him to put other cards that can increase his stave damage.

Thank you , I very much hope these changes will be made and give wizards a good fighting chance again.

Edited by Shadi

I agree mostly on your suggestions except the suggestion #2..., I rather use forsaken king set to save up stats.. like limited edition expansion headgear XD... Though in the Suggestion #4 I doubt cold bolt wont really help much in the high wizard blessed ring, better if add more matk or rather the skill cast delay as the White Rabbit doll has....

Edited by gagosila123

@rayray : I'm probably going to try and buy the ring as I don't have time to do all the hunting and questing.

I agree mostly on your suggestions except the suggestion #2..., I rather use forsaken king set to save up stats.. like limited edition expansion headgear XD... Though in the Suggestion #4 I doubt cold bolt wont really help much in the high wizard blessed ring, better if add more matk or rather the skill cast delay as the White Rabbit doll has....

Hi gagosila, thank you for your input :). I see that you don't really agree with my suggestion number 2. However your reasoning is a bit unclear to me. The changes I suggest to the hats make it so you no longer have to constantly fall back onto the forsaken king set.

In your post you acknowledge the exact issue that I pointed out. You said

"I rather use forsaken king set to save up stats"

The fact that wizards get forced to either wasting a ton of stat points to get decent damage and max attack speed (with the loli/magic eyes hats etc) but are therefor really vurnerable (high agi, low hp, freezeable, stonecurseable) or sticking to low damage with still rather bad survivability but at least immunity to freeze/stone curse (fset) is wrong. By adding immunity to freeze to the hats and attackspeed to the weapon you allow wizards to actually use the hats that they have to use to gain any sort of decent damage while still retaining decent survivability and also still keeping weaknesses such as being able to get stone cursed out there.

Though in the Suggestion #4 I doubt cold bolt wont really help much in the high wizard blessed ring, better if add more matk or rather the skill cast delay as the White Rabbit doll has....

My suggestion basically said the same thing, cold bolt won't help high wizards a lot. I'd love more matk but I don't want to make the wizard class overpowered. I just want to get them on par with other classes so I prefer not changing the ring along with suggestion 1 and 2. At least not in 1 go.

Edited by Shadi