I've been playing this game for a short one month. Other than farming for tokens, WoE and PvP, which while fun, doesn't fully take up the time I spend in this game. None of them actually keeps the community heavily engaged. Thus I have a suggestion that would probably increase the amount of activity instead of AFK farming activity tokens.

The suggestion is as follows...

Guild Survival Raid.

How it works: Guild Survival Raid is basically a weekly/monthly point based ranked raid. With a reward given to the guilds that score the highest points at the end of each season. Staying true to survival type activities, the further you raid goes, the more points are rewarded. A raid, if possible, must only consist of guild members, alternatively, point rewards may be awarded to the individual participants of the raid, which will in turn be added to their respective guilds.

Pros

1) Probably the one that gave birth to the idea in my head was the lack of cohesive activities within the game, which ultimately led to mild boredom for me. WoE was fun, and the once in a while raids for rings were decent, but after that, it was all about monotonous grinding for items or seed farming.

2) Adds a new reason for being in a guild. It gives more reason for a guild to bond closer instead of forming cliques of their own. It also gives the guild another reason to play together, leading to much more enthusiasm and love for the game.

3) It will also up Guild vs Guild rivalry in the quest of vying for the best. Indirectly showing how active a guild is, and also a form of publicity for which guilds to join.

Cons

1) Probably the most pressing concern would be abuse concerns. I wouldn't know how this could be abused but it's always a pressing concern no matter what new customizable content gets added in fRO.

2) Member poaching. Not that it doesn't happen naturally, but having such a function may or may not result in increased instances of member poaching. I mean, who won't want to take up an offer from a guild that is extremely active and does abnormally well? Eh?

3) Rewards: Rewards would most probably be rewarded to the respective guilds via the leaders. This, of course may cause upsets among members who have contributed much but find it unfair with regards to distribution of rewards, yet this is pretty much a problem that should be settled within a guild itself.

Closing Notes.

This idea, in general is just a passing idea I had for the server, which is heavily inspired by another game I shall not mention. Not a lot of thought has been put into it but the idea sounds pretty good to me. Ideas on how the raid should go can also be discussed as a community in general or totally left to the GMs. Please do support this post should you find this feature a fun and exciting addition to fRO ^_^ thx.

• Like 1

I actually like the idea. PvE is almost non existent in our server.

But let us make it much more. Instead of just raids, why not add other quests like scavenger hunts,boss hunts, and some other stuff that gives guild points. These guild points can add to the total of points a guild can take for the ranking(winning GvG can also be part of the ranking system). We can have like a bulletin board that lists the quests specific for that week. (If you still can't picture what I am saying, if you watch/read Fairy Tail, and see how they got jobs and such to increase the status of their guild, that was basically it).

Edited by Rayray

+1 on this. it would be another way of competition for guilds not just woe.

But i dnt think this suggestion would come through for now, since they still developing the fame thingy.

I've been playing this game for a short one month. Other than farming for tokens, WoE and PvP, which while fun, doesn't fully take up the time I spend in this game. None of them actually keeps the community heavily engaged. Thus I have a suggestion that would probably increase the amount of activity instead of AFK farming activity tokens.

The suggestion is as follows...

Guild Survival Raid.

How it works: Guild Survival Raid is basically a weekly/monthly point based ranked raid. With a reward given to the guilds that score the highest points at the end of each season. Staying true to survival type activities, the further you raid goes, the more points are rewarded. A raid, if possible, must only consist of guild members, alternatively, point rewards may be awarded to the individual participants of the raid, which will in turn be added to their respective guilds.

Pros

1) Probably the one that gave birth to the idea in my head was the lack of cohesive activities within the game, which ultimately led to mild boredom for me. WoE was fun, and the once in a while raids for rings were decent, but after that, it was all about monotonous grinding for items or seed farming.

2) Adds a new reason for being in a guild. It gives more reason for a guild to bond closer instead of forming cliques of their own. It also gives the guild another reason to play together, leading to much more enthusiasm and love for the game.

3) It will also up Guild vs Guild rivalry in the quest of vying for the best. Indirectly showing how active a guild is, and also a form of publicity for which guilds to join.

Cons

1) Probably the most pressing concern would be abuse concerns. I wouldn't know how this could be abused but it's always a pressing concern no matter what new customizable content gets added in fRO.

2) Member poaching. Not that it doesn't happen naturally, but having such a function may or may not result in increased instances of member poaching. I mean, who won't want to take up an offer from a guild that is extremely active and does abnormally well? Eh?

3) Rewards: Rewards would most probably be rewarded to the respective guilds via the leaders. This, of course may cause upsets among members who have contributed much but find it unfair with regards to distribution of rewards, yet this is pretty much a problem that should be settled within a guild itself.

Closing Notes.

This idea, in general is just a passing idea I had for the server, which is heavily inspired by another game I shall not mention. Not a lot of thought has been put into it but the idea sounds pretty good to me. Ideas on how the raid should go can also be discussed as a community in general or totally left to the GMs. Please do support this post should you find this feature a fun and exciting addition to fRO ^_^ thx.

+1

i think this is will definitely make our server game play more engaging. and something to both Donor and NDs can play.

a few thing I would like to suggest:

1, limit access: One player only , map ban @command, allow guild master urgent call (thus this is a guild exclusive raid, u can make your own guild for it , but knowing the award is not going to be shared/trade and given to other design)

2, limit group size and amount of entry. keep the raid challenging and valuable.

3, limit map access, no warp

4, Cool-down, one person can only visit once a week.

5, reward fame or active token, or non-tradeable item, definitely no token, can be something as an in game message when u login, " guild OMGWTFQQQ has claimed first down of Fro," or something more roleplay" guild what is so heroic and epic ommg what they did again?"

6. a guide on website/wiki , tell people how to get access to it , but not how to beat it. a quest/task should accessible to everyone , but difficult enough for few to success.

7, there will be one-shot mechanisms where only few class can tank freely under certain event of PVE action, that means u shall not able to solo as a donor. being a donor means you are so geared ahead of others as in you deal more dmg and survive better. team oriented play encourages game play and actually results more people enjoy the game , therefore , donate , instead ofhaving few people experience the content and quit playing.

i can already think of various way of designing a boss making it challenging and multi-class/player oriented, it will not be hard to our awesome op team.. thinking immunity to Matk/physicals or flee or other mechanism focus. and such

easiest way , have a room of infinite spawn of mob and MVP (whichever combination) in a timed instance(oops) whichever guild lasts longest claims the fruit of the week. /or beat it in least time

omg is this the endless tower revamp? actually why not lol

just making sure change reward of ET to active token/fame or what , and make timer as a judgement lol....not going any further since the forum rule says keep threads one topic focused.

having said that , i would also like to add in a concept in PVP and PVE gear as reward, something like add a % dmg to monster( all race except demi-human,or large/small sized mob, poor pecopecos) assesory or armor or weap can be end reward for PVE raid . where we already have % to demi human in pvp ladder/pvp gear.

Edited by Dangce

+1, really interesting idea. This would make guilds bond more for some reason :) and not just for woe :) well, this might require salary for members and all that. so i guess or wish that the award would be something that would help sustain guilds too.