Rayray

Rayray's Mini Guide For High Wizard

It is not well known, but my very first character that I used to pvp with was a Wizard(I was a part of PsychoSamuraiz guild then).

Wizards, while being cool and all, are shunned to the sides now as farmers due to the fact that Profs provide more burst damage than them due to double bolt, mystic amp having a cast time no matter what, and Profs even have higher stave damage than them(which I find weird). But nonetheless, they are still a viable PvP class, just that GTB and maya screw you a little and you are not a top-tier pvp class like champ and sniper. Wizards are great in team battles or WoE. This guide is meant for an all rounder, if you need it for WoE, just switch the cards to the ones that increase meteor damage and you should be fine.

Gear

Upper: depends on what you got. If you got Magic Eyes, Loli Hat, Halloween Hat or Kafra headband, those all work. If not, a plain fhelm should do fine. Kiels of course

Mid: Butterfly or Emp aura. On Rare Cases, Skull Aura., put Kiels in them

Lower: Ring, cape or eidelic wing. if you had 3 kiels already, put either maya p or fsoldier. if not, then kiels. you need 3 kiels at most. Just switch to an fsoldier headgear if you will be staving or if you are that good, just wear evil druid armor, put up safety wall and spam stave on the champs.

Weapon: Highness, have two preferably. I don't use 4x kingring staffs though. Have one for a thana stave and the other for the normal setup. I use thana,phree, tg, valk rand and phree,tg,tg,valk

Shield: have usakoring, gtb and maya shields

Armor: the usual set, gr+tao, puppetring+tao and rsx+tao are essential armors for me.

Cloak- Depends on you here. I for one can survive most asuras with just energy coat, highness and eidelic so I can opt out of a dual raydric cloak and have 1x skoll and 1x sinx card cloak default at all times.

shoes: 2x fbh and a dragoon wiz+ amon ra. the dwiz shoes is mostly for support

Acc- Urds, I use siroma cards on them. Mostly because I use deluge to waterball, so it would be a good idea to use cold bolt.

Stats

STR: around 50 should do while having the highness staff

AGI: 195 aspd

VIT: I only had around 160k hp with 2x skolls and eidelic. Around that much should be fine since energy coat reduces a lot. and against SB sinxes you should be spamming Storm Gusts and keep yourself in Safety wall anyway.

INT: around 13k-14k matk is what I use(on fhelm and eidelic wing). so if you had ring and magic eyes or other stuff, you can increase that to 16k matk or just get 14k and put the other stat to vit

DEX: 150 total

LUK: none of course

Strategy

1. You are a squishy class, stop being almighty and do not take on the whole for_fild and complain when they put GTB.

2. Put up Deluge, Amplify, WaterBall and Coldbolt. That is the most normal combo if you use siroma card. If you are using Imp, Volcano, Amplify, Meteor then firebolt.

3. Keep Sight Blaster on in serious pvp, this prevents you getting jumped on by SB sinx and gives you time to safety wall. also pushes people

4. In team pvp, very few classes can go gtb on you when the fight is on, do not use SG in this situations unless getting ganged. I go ice wall behind an enemy, spam Jupitel Thunder and call one of our LKs to bowling bash them.

5. Quagmire is annoying, use it.

6. I rarely use Storm Gust, People get annoyed by it.

7. Remember, safety wall. You are not tanky, you will die from one sb spam.

8. Hit and Run. No reason for you to be in the middle of the fight.

9. Sometimes, A frost diver is better than SG.

10. Instead of using Heavens drive against people that had maya, go hit them with stave crasher. Heaven's drive isn't as spammable as stave.

11. Support your team by stone cursing people that had ship captain, either by using puppetring armor or really stone cursing them

• Like 1

which is better kafra headband or piamette ears ?

and does kafra headband can be equipped on male ?

thanks

kafra band is wearable by males.

damage wise = kafra band

stat wise = piamette.

imo, id rather go for piamette. its more of use than burst damage. cause you cant fight if you cant survive right?

oh and another thing about ice wall. its disabled for main maps of pvp like for fild and prt in.

but that strategy works in gvg/br. and on maps that it is allowed.

Edited by sartorius19

With this kind of build,

How much damage can you produce with stave crasher?

On thana and non skoll user, i can hit 50k+ easily, even more when they went GTB too. On incant, it was normally 16-18k average.

Finally, a sxc High Wizard guide! My first main class was a High Wizard too when I first started playing this game and thought the skills was OP (I practically thought I was god back then LOL). Then eventually, the saddest truth is that High Wizard are really underrated and gets outshine by other classes such as Assassin Cross, Lord Knights, Champions, Clowns/Gypsies and most of the Snipers.

I'm definitely going to use this guild for future reference. Thanks Ray!