hello!! i recently returned and would like to know something...is there a way for me to reduce lag?

as we all know LAG is a bitch and online players would go on and rant that "*insert name here* didnt kill me, LAG did"
i did some stuff already

1. clear history (clean up cache)

2. closed all other running apps and downloads

3. defrag

4. clean registry

5. reduced fRO specs

6. kill wifi :D

7. format (thinking about it. to really clear everything up)

and also we changed ISP, im thinking it might have something to do w/ it since i didnt have much issue w/ LAG w/ our previous ISP

so if someone would suggest to

1. move near server

2. change ISP

3. get a better PC

these arent options for me (2 & 3 probably in the future)

i would like to know what ISP other PH players use to compare w/ mine

my ISP is bayantel (from PH) w/c they claim runs at a rate of 1mbps (same as previous) and i also ping'd the server on a good day i get 208ms

and so, if someone could give me a tip to help reduce it in a LEGAL way would be much appreciated :D

ALSO

how to make a signature guide would be nice :D

Please post specs of your current PC. Im using mostly a netbook with a built in GPU and one intel core slightly stronger than a pentium 4 but still a little weaker than a dual core cpu and I don't lag unless I turn on effects and see 5 gunslingers and 2 wizards spamming their skills like hell. And this one is already around 5 years old with me.

Did you check what other stuff MIGHT be using your connection when you play?(Antivirus updates, Windows Updates, Browser updates, torrents etc). Also check for viruses and other stuff that might use CPU usage and network.

also post your ping to the server(Open command prompt>type ping forsakenserver.net), and if possible.do the trace route to the server so I can see how you connect to the server.(command prompt> type tracert forsakenserver.net)

AMD athlon II x2

EMAXX EMX-AMD785G-FXN

2GB kingston RAM

its a personal PC not in a computer shop and ive been using it for almost 5 years and yes it doesnt have a video card. i keep both software and hardware clean.

during woe, i close ALL apps so fRO is the only one running and i turn off the wifi just in case. with regards to the ping i got 241-275ms ATM

how about your trace route(tracert) information? just tell me how many IP it shows(or how many hops).

Edited by Rayray

sorry i have no idea how trace route works but as i looked over it when i ran it i saw 6 IPs, 3 time outs and 5 things i dont get

does trace route tell me the i IPs i go through before i reach the server?

In simple terms, yes, trace route is basically tracing the route from your PC to the server itself. Sometimes it can be the ISPs fault on why there are several "hops" to get to the server itself.

It mostly depends on the ISP and how they set up the routes. which sometimes cause connectivity problems

It depends on the routes of the ISP, but mostly yes, if that is what is shown in your trace route. Ironically, that is fast but still depends on how fast the routers you see in there respond to your request.

I have 12-13 hops before i reach the server, but my ping is on an average of 200 ms. It still depends on how well the ISP routes it.