Hello all,

It has come to my attention that thor's hammer has basically taken over the WS oriental. Giving the same sort of boosts but better. So therefore I've created this topic to see if we can give the oriental blade some value and use again.

This is the current WS oriental blade:

• +20 str
  • +15 dex
  • max hp+ 30%
  • Increase damge on demi human 15% (doesn't work with CT)
  • Increase damage with CT by 30%
  • 10% chance of autocasting cart boost while being hit (Doesn't work it autocasts a bezerk potion atk speed boost but not cart boost)
  • aspd+5
  • Sword
  • 210 atk

This is the current thor hammer:

• +30str
  • +20dex
  • maxHP + 40%
  • +200 atk
  • Enable use of pneuma
  • Enable use of throw tommahawk
  • Increase damage with cart termination 80%
  • Increase damage with throw tommahawk 400%
  • Axe
  • ATK 220

The differences :

• Thor gives 10 more str
  • Thor gives 5 more dex
  • Thor gives 10% more hp
  • Thor has 190 more atk
  • Thor gives pneuma
  • Thor gives throw tommahawk
  • Thor gives 50% more damage to Cart termination
  • Thor gives 400% more damage with throw tommahawk
  • Thor is an axe, not a sword
  • WS oriental gives 15% more damage to demi human (though this doesn't do anything for WS)
  • WS oriental gives 10% chance of autocasting cart boost while being hit (Doesn't work it autocasts a bezerk potion atk speed boost but not cart boost).

Suggestion:

Right now, whitesmiths with the thor hammer are strong, and in my opinion balanced. Whitesmiths with the oriental sword.. well you don't see any of those anymore. I've been thinking for a while to improve the sword but still make it different than Thor's hammer. Here are a few effects I came up with and I'd like to see what everyone else thinks :

• +30str
  • +20dex
  • maxHP + 50%
  • +250 atk
  • 80% more damage to Cart termination
  • 10% chance of autocasting cart boost while being hit and while hitting.(if we can fix the effect)
  • Permanent endure status while wielding the weapon
  • Movement speed + 20%

Benefits of this weapon :

1: More damage with CT compared to thor

2: More HP and survivability with a slightly bigger HP boost

3: More movement speed to have a chance to get up close

4: A slightly bigger chance vs decrease agi spammers (when you're up close and being hit)

Downsides of this weapon:

1: You can be kited (like the old WS).

2: You have no pneuma. So movement speed is your only friend

3: You have no ranged attack so again kiting would be the key

This is just what I've come up with so far. I'd like to hear some opinions if you think these effects would be

1: Viable

2: Too strong

3: Too weak

4: Not different enough from the thor weapon.

Thank you for your time and input in advance.

Edit: Changed assump chance to perma endure.

Edited by Shadi

I added the assumptio there because without pneuma and throw tommahawk you will have to be able to tank damage effeciently. Because you will be stunlocked a lot from range and will have to tank through the damage to get close. However lets see more opinions :)

^ But there is always the option of having auto-pneuma cards against that, so I can see why the auto assump might not appeal to everyone. and at our aspd, 10% is high for the assumptio to be triggered. In a fight, that basically means ALWAYS having assumptio.

Yeah I actually would agree with the endure instead of the assump. Reduce damage all you want, but if the WS can't get near, it is still useless.

The problem with this as well is that I remember a GM saying in one thread before that the Thor's and other "new" valk weapons were supposed to be the "replacement" for the first ones. Just like creator oriental vs Jormungandr Rage. But i do agree that the old valks should be a little bit upgraded. Kinda like how clowns can use the bow and the guitar whenever the situation presents itself.

The items were indeed added as a buffed and fixed version of the old weapons. This doesn't mean you can't suggest new effects for the old weapons and perhaps unlock different playing styles with each weapon.So keep the discussion going :)

Endure would be totally acceptable. Assumptio, imo of course, isn't, It does alot to reduce damage, which can be quite tedious to beat in fights, You put that together with a High priest card and that's already someting that people are going to complain about.

I'd put a 1% assumptio chance and either 5-10% chance on endure (it should proc often cause it's only for a few attacks, and with our aspd those attacks can be done within a second). Or no assump and having the eddga effect : "Enable effect of the Endure skill so long as the Footgear to which this card is compounded is equipped." turned into a weapon effect : "Enable effect of the Endure skill so long as this weapon is equipped."

Edited by Shadi

^ I would prefer that really. enabling assumptio on a weapon, and every other class will want it. Seriously.

Charge attack would be pointless considering what they're trying to do. WS with this set up wouldn't have a ranged attack like LK, so it doesn't do anything to help them. All it'd do is push something out of pneuma/tatmi or maybe safety wall, safety wall being the only thing WS have to worry about blocking-wise, and then leave you in the same predicament as before. They're too far away and you're stuck trying to chase em down again.

The suggestion seems fair and if this really would make a more balanced play style it would be awesome. But my own opinion is that other classes could use a bit help more than WS. This doesn't mean anything other than more classes should enter the competitive field (or more people playing them).

For now, I'll support this suggestion.

Edited by Sensation
Text wasn't blue :(

Yep with the knock back its not what i thought it was..

If we can't remove the knock back i guess endure with a speed boost to cart boost

Will help close distances ..

Although personally i will still prefer Thor for pneuma and TT .

Cause its still to easy to dispel at range and be kited around

The suggestion seems fair and if this really would make a more balanced play style it would be awesome. But my own opinion is that other classes could use a bit help more than WS. This doesn't mean anything other than more classes should enter the competitive field (or more people playing them).

For now, I'll support this suggestion.

The suggestion wasn't made to directly change the balance of WS. It was made to produce an additional playstyle for the whitesmith. One that includes more close-range damage, but at the same time leaves them more vurnerable with their natural weaknesses. Keep in mind this is a change to the old oriental blade weapon, not the newer thor weapon :). I agree with you there are other jobs that require more attention at this time. However this suggestion has been here for several months already so I decided to bump it up a little :).

Although personally i will still prefer Thor for pneuma and TT .

Cause its still to easy to dispel at range and be kited around

That's perfectly fine. but that's entirely the purpose of this suggestion. Giving the option to WS to have a different playstyle. :)

Hmm Nice Suggestion! I Agree with perma Endura and also having 1%auto cast assump then if I may? maybe adding like -5% zeny Cost while using zeny costing skills on ws ? since main damage contributor is CT which uses zeny so i think adding this wouldnt hurt that much :)

If we give endure it would be good but I think to close the gap u will still need a speed boost in addition to cart boots speed..

as with this set up rsx armour would be mandatory 9/10 times anyway increasing the incoming damage/ reducing sp/resist

So closing the gap on being hit movement speed would be critical .

Not to mention range dispel also becomes a huge issue. so if this spped boost was like a effect of temporary speed pot that had 10% chance on Receiving damage and last 4sec non dispel able.

That might just work