Eefmu

Rewarding Players For Spending Time In Pvp Room Would Liven Up The Pvp Room.

I have only been on this server for a few months, but it is apparent that the PvP room is normally vacant while the front of for_fild01 is normally pretty full of people. It is obvious that people are interested in PvP, but for some reason they do not want to visit the PvP room - whatever the reason may be.

Now, consider if they had a guaranteed gain from going into the PvP room and staying there. This reward could be given for every thirty minutes to an hour that a player stays alive in the PvP room (so they couldn't be dead and just laying around ^^). The time that they stay in there would be accumulated over multiple visits.

My recommended prize: Mini PvP tokens that you would need 10 or 20 of to make one PvP token.

The only problem would be the sure drop in the price of PvP tokens, but consider the difference there would be in the PvP room. I think this idea deserves some thought and some tweaking to make everything as fair as possible.

Thanks to everyone who considers my proposal.

Edited by Eefmu

I see potential in this, i would say wait and see what the return of fcp/buffs brings as well as the high pvp token prices atm. I did see a video recently of the pvp room a few years ago, and im super jelly! There was like 20 people all doing there own thing, some chilling, some killing and plenty of cloaked people sneaking around too. That looks like alot more fun than what we have currently.

My suggestion apposed to adding mini pvp toks would be speeding up activity token gain while ur in the pvp room which would b cool cause if you go into pvp alot you probably lack activity toks like me from logging in and out all the time cause no one is there to kill u haha. Also this wouldn't change the eco much or at all since u cant sell activity prizes, and most are just for looks anyways.

Or they could create a new token for being inside the PvP room. PvP Activity or something of the sort. I don't think adding something like the first idea would be to good because it would be frustrating for people who have a lot of the tokens as it is, and because as it is, The market is unstable and this will further destabilize it. But creating a new token for being in there would increase the rooms activity & it also wouldn't create more havoc in the economy.

• Like 1

I see potential in this, i would say wait and see what the return of fcp/buffs brings as well as the high pvp token prices atm. I did see a video recently of the pvp room a few years ago, and im super jelly! There was like 20 people all doing there own thing, some chilling, some killing and plenty of cloaked people sneaking around too. That looks like alot more fun than what we have currently.

My suggestion apposed to adding mini pvp toks would be speeding up activity token gain while ur in the pvp room which would b cool cause if you go into pvp alot you probably lack activity toks like me from logging in and out all the time cause no one is there to kill u haha. Also this wouldn't change the eco much or at all since u cant sell activity prizes, and most are just for looks anyways.

I think hazbird's idea of speeding up activity token production is very interesting; the activity tokens take a rather long time to get as it is, and we're talking about items that can be 500+ tokens.

Or they could create a new token for being inside the PvP room. PvP Activity or something of the sort. I don't think adding something like the first idea would be to good because it would be frustrating for people who have a lot of the tokens as it is, and because as it is, The market is unstable and this will further destabilize it. But creating a new token for being in there would increase the rooms activity & it also wouldn't create more havoc in the economy.

I'm not sure if 'create havoc in the economy' are the words that I would use, but it would probably affect the economy in ways that some would like/dislike. I think it is probably best to steer clear of any options that have risks, and you're right PvP tokens are just fine coming in at the steady rate that they are.

Anything that is not sellable would probably be the best bet... this implies new items or ones similar to the ones already in the hard to obtain activity token reward token pool. A large increase in activity tokens seems like a really convenient way to do it, but maybe most players would rather have activity tokens be a separate thing.

Edited by Eefmu

I would suggest another PvP room that will still use the effect of debuffing + No Laddering. A lot of people don tobgo into the PvP room because they would feel like they are feeding and get told off. I would prefer a PvP room meant just for PvP with Debuffs when going into and no laddering effect in that room. And if they feel like they want to get ranked they can go into the main Ranked PvP room.

Edited by -Si-

I would suggest another PvP room that will still use the effect of bebuffing + No Laddering. A lot of people don ot go into the PvP room becuase they would feel like they are feeding and get told off. I would prefer a PvP room meant just for PvP with Debuffs when going into and no laddering effect in that room. And if they feel liket hey want to get ranked they can go into the main Ranked PvP room.

A pvp room like that would be awesome.