Hypnosis

Gunslinger

Okay well hello everybody, I'm sure most of you know who I am already, Yes I'm the noob Gunslinger who runs around pretending to be good.

Anyways, I wanted to talk about Slingers as many people play it yet most people fail to utilize the class completely resulting in the class performing "o.k." at best.

This in my opinion has always been one of my favorite classes, One of the main reasons is because it's ranged, The particular skill set it is forced to play with in pvp doesn't always show that, as desperado overshadows all of the other skills.

I personally prefer a Marksman gunslinger meaning, a weapon swapper, but as that isn't viable here it doesn't work out in our favor very often.

Okay anyways moving on, let's talk about the Gunslingers Pros & Cons.

===============================================

PROs:

This class is one of the easiest to play.

They have some of the best damage.

A very effective AoE.

Decent Range.

CONs:

They dont have a whole lot to expand on right now.

They have some of the lowest HP.

Easy target.

Not alot of replay value when it really comes down to it.

MAJOR Skills:

Coin Flip, Flip a coin, if it's the top, a Coin will appear floating next to you; if it's bottom, you lose 1 Coin. You can collect up to 10 Coins. Higher skill levels increase the chance to get top, but the more you have, the more difficult to get a new one.

Each Coin gives +3 DMG, that never misses, in each normal attack. Each Coin also provide more damage to skills in a yet unknown ammount. Coins are lost on relog or death..

Increase Accuracy, HIT +20, DEX +4, AGI +4 for the skill's duration

Snake Eyes, Increase your range and HIT with guns by +SkillLV. Affects Rapid Shower, Tracking, Piercing Shot, Full Buster, Spread Attack and Ground Drift skill ranges.

Disarm, Aim at the targets hand and make him/her drop the weapon. If used on players it will strip their weapon, if used on monsters it will decrease their ATK by -25%.

The higher the SkillLV, the higher the success chance. Does not work against Boss monsters.

Adjustment, Flee Rate +30 and all ranged Physical attacks do -20% damage, but your HIT is -30. Can not be used together with Madness Canceller.

Stats:

STR:99 For more weight capacity.

AGI:195 ASPD with Equips and without Buffs.

INT: Enough for 300-500 SP depending on your play style.

DEX:275 I wouldn't recommend going over this because it's not really that good and it wastes alot of stat points that could be used elsewhere.

LUK:0 There is no use here.

Equipments:

Upper:Shipcaptain[Kiel],F.Helm[Kiel,Maya P],Fhelm[Kiel,FSold] The maya purple hat isn't needed you can

use Box of Sun, but that depends entirely on you.

Mid and lower are depending on you, you just need the kiels for instant cast.

Armor:GR-RSX,GR-TAO,E.DRUID-TAO,ANGELING-TAO,TAO-TAO.

Weapon:Valis or Legendary, either or. I still use L pistol with good damage, not the best, but it's fine.

Weapon Combos: TG,TG,Inca,Skel; TG,TG,Inca,ValkR;

Additional Note: Dispel works against melee characters without you attacking if you have any form of melee reflect(as reflect is considered an attack and thus triggering the dispel).

Shield:Usakoring,GTB,Maya.

Shoes:2 FBH

Shrouds:x2Aquaring,x2Firering,x2Noxious,x2Skoll,x2Devilings,x2Raydric, I use alot for resistance, but everyone has their own opinion.

Additional Note: You can try the SINX Card shrouds as well if you enjoy cloaking, I'm not a huge fan of it but it does come in handy.

Accessorys:Freyrs,Belts,Gaunts, All good. If you have Freryr, I'd use Wikke or Egnigem

Fighting ranged classes - Use noxious and Adjustment for a 40% reduction on Ranged.

Creator & Whitesmith, Most creators are A/D so use Anti asura and you may win depending on their experience. Whitesmith you gotta match an element and you can beat his spam with your desperado spam he may do a bit but you have the possibility of hitting 10 shots in one despe.

Champ&Priest, Anti asura - Look for element changes during fights that way you can match what he uses but be fast cause that asura is unforgiving. HP is usually just Holy light so just wear holy armor and they're useless.

Sniper&Clown, Watch for ghost, Swap between Deadly and holy as they tend to use those more often. same with sniper for VA clown. For tarot newbs just wear a GTB and they're useless.

LK is actually quite hard since they always out tank the damage and they stun lock you away from them with spiral and bb. Usually harder to beat but if you have the equips and he's not out gearing you, there's a good chance you can still win. BE WARY OF PARRY.

Pally is a bitch, they out tank everything so good luck, I don't really fight them because they just tank.

Prof & Wiz, AoE Wiz - GTB, Any bolt type of Magic try and reflect but be careful because our HP is quite low.

SinX & Stalker - If you can't stone the sinx look for his element and try to match it to lower his damage since all they do is noctrl and spam seeds. Stalker is a bit tricky because of the strip but persistence pays off.

Gunslinger & Ninja - Versus other gunslingers, a majority of the time all they do is despe so watch for their range and stay a little away and spam rs then despe them when they have a lower amount of healing items, Ninja is just a matter of catching them out of Cicada. For Final strike ninjas use Flip coin to hit them and it will kill them if you're fast enough after they hit you because it goes through their skills.

-Credits to RayRay for his invaluable input.

This guide is still considered incomplete and is subject to change, if you would like to add on please feel free to post your input and if you make a valid point I will be more then glad to add you to this and give you props.

Edited by Hypnosis
  • Like 1

I actually am liking the Valk randgris card instead of the skel worker. That way you dont get penalized on size difference. :) and the dispel helps a lot.

Edited by Rayray

Yeah lately I've been thinking that the Valk will help out alot. We use Desperado and it's magic so it's hard to counter. I'd agree with the Valkyrie R instead of Skeleton worker, Yeah you sacrifice a little damage but it will help you keep players off of assumptio.

add the fact that the dispel works against melee characters without you attacking if you have any form of melee reflect(as reflect is considered an attack and thus triggering the dispel).

add the fact that the dispel works against melee characters without you attacking if you have any form of melee reflect(as reflect is considered an attack and thus triggering the dispel).

Ooh wow, I didn't know that. You learn somethin knew everyday.

actually, any skill that gets triggered by normal attack is triggered by melee reflect, that is the reason I considered Skull Aura as the best overall aura ever, and that is also the reason why I strongly advice using valk randgris and stormy knight card on my bio guide. :p