Rayray

Rayray's Mini Guide For Gunslinger.

As people have noticed, I have been using my gunslinger as of late. So this guide is made primarily of my experiences on the class.

Requirements:

at least legendary gun, knight set/king set, ship captain hat.

Gear:

Helm: I use three helms. 1 fhelm that has 1x kiel + maya purple, 1 fhelm that has 1xkiel + fsoldier, and ship captain with kiel card. I am lazy to bring box of sunlight so i just switch

mid- any aura with kiel on it

lower- any slotted lower with kiel on it. ideally either ring, cape or eidelic wing. but scarfs do wonders as well, and AFK hat too.

weapon: preferably 2. thana, valk randgris, 2x tg and incant, valk randgris, 2x tg.

Shield: 3, usakoring, gtb and maya

armor: go nuts on armor. I use gr tao, rsx tao, puppetring tao, evil druid tao, gr rsx, angeling tao. 2x tao. at least 2, one of them should be a gr armor.

cloak: if you use afk hat, just have 2x skoll and 2x raydric. if not, then use 1x skoll with sinx card and 1x raydric with sinx card.

boots: 2x fbh

acc: dex gaunt, dex belt, freyrs. put dex runes on freyrs OR the auto pneuma card.

STATS:

STR: at least 100 base str. you don't have much weight and with 100 base str you can carry around 200 seeds.

agi- until 195 aspd wearing ship captain hat

vit- whatever is left

int- you can add int to make up for your crappy sp. I put a little to get 300 sp(6 casts of desperado)

dex- around 260-280 base.

luk-1

Usage of Skills.

Flip coin to max(until you get skill failed) cast adjustment and increase accuracy. these buffs help, even a little.

well self explanatory really, desperado for melee range, rapid shower for long range, with occasional disarm somewhere. cloaking helps, as well as using speed potions to get close.

Bullets to use

I primarily use Fire bullets, earth bullets and holy. holy during woe at the emp room mostly, earth when either bullet loses damage, fire for default. I use fire for default due to the fact that I abuse puppetring armor. Stoned people== fire damage increase and with thana and desperado, that mostly kills people instantly.

Random Tips:

1. fighting sniper? adjustment helps, and puppetring armor to force them out of ship captain. if they use stone on you, use evil druid + ship captain hat and go nuts.

2. any melee class will have a hard time on you. against sb sinx, you should know how far your aoe of desperado, and start spamming before they get near.

3. you are a glass cannon, cloak, hit and run should be your tactic if you can't desperado them.

4. Abuse Disarm.

Again, incomplete for now. I'll edit once i find out more. Gunslinger is an easy class to use, you just have to be smart and not spam desperado against people you know you can't kill, and frankly, I have fought a few gunslingers that tried that, just spamming despe pointlessly. Someone named GS Kervs, a GS from Defiance guild that uses gold zodiac and gets stoned and warps out and a few others.

Having Valis and Ring isn't the basis of a good gunslinger. I pretty much killed a lot of GS having better gear than me. I'm using legendary gun guys. O_O

Edited by Rayray
  • Like 1

Why bother having an inca weapon...
main wep = thana 2 tg 1 skel ... if this is unusable, it means that the player has 2 skolls on, or else you can still use this

2nd weapon = inca(???) 2tg 1 skel ... if u use the gun without the thana, that means hes on 2 skoll... which gives him no def... so why use inca?

just asking

suggesting 2nd weapon = 2tg 2skel

^Because the non-incant weapon is a Sniper/Bow Stalker thing. Those classes can abuse the said non-incant simply because of the items and cards that increases bow damage and bow skill damage. Not everyone has negative defense, I know I don't since I know the risk about it. If they used skoll+noxious on your non incant weapon, your damage will be pathetic, and even your thana damage then (considering they use ring which reduces their vit def as well).

Non incant weapon will sure work on most people, but people who had the brains to actually know what combination of cards work against long range classes KNOW that everyone uses non-incant weapons simply because of guys like you telling them to do so. And non incant and thana weapons don't work against people who don't need high vit to get high hp.(SN, LK and Even SinX.) I'd rather make their defense 0 compared to small increase in damage but have a risk of not being able to fight a class who knows what he is doing.

Edited by Rayray

Why bother having an inca weapon...

main wep = thana 2 tg 1 skel ... if this is unusable, it means that the player has 2 skolls on, or else you can still use this

2nd weapon = inca(???) 2tg 1 skel ... if u use the gun without the thana, that means hes on 2 skoll... which gives him no def... so why use inca?

just asking

suggesting 2nd weapon = 2tg 2skel

Skeleton worker cards are useless against anything on a mount or any babys. So you lose damage against Pally and LK. No. 2 Skeletons is not a good combo -_-;

^ it will still lower your over all damage compared to using 2x fbh. And as a gunslinger, having low sp shouldn't be a problem. much easier to use 2x hollowring on cloak if you need the sp instead of removing one fbh. and a sinx normally dies before it even gets close if you know what you are doing anyway.

Ppl didnt get my point.

^Because the non-incant weapon is a Sniper/Bow Stalker thing. Those classes can abuse the said non-incant simply because of the items and cards that increases bow damage and bow skill damage. Not everyone has negative defense, I know I don't since I know the risk about it. If they used skoll+noxious on your non incant weapon, your damage will be pathetic, and even your thana damage then (considering they use ring which reduces their vit def as well).

Non incant weapon will sure work on most people, but people who had the brains to actually know what combination of cards work against long range classes KNOW that everyone uses non-incant weapons simply because of guys like you telling them to do so. And non incant and thana weapons don't work against people who don't need high vit to get high hp.(SN, LK and Even SinX.) I'd rather make their defense 0 compared to small increase in damage but have a risk of not being able to fight a class who knows what he is doing.

We are talking about Guns... What i meant is, if you cant use thana, then what you are targeting dont have ***DEF*** (since you cant use thana against it). SO WHY BOTHER TO USE INCANTATION WHEN YOU CAN SUBSTITUTE IT FOR A DAMAGE CARD (inca ignores def, but since you cant use thana, they dont have def). That was my point

Ppl didnt get my point.

We are talking about Guns... What i meant is, if you cant use thana, then what you are targeting dont have ***DEF*** (since you cant use thana against it). SO WHY BOTHER TO USE INCANTATION WHEN YOU CAN SUBSTITUTE IT FOR A DAMAGE CARD (inca ignores def, but since you cant use thana, they dont have def). That was my point

Sacrificing a slot in the shoe will not help our overall damage. We need both slots for the FBH and we need 4 slots for the weapon. Yeah the skeleton worker needs to be reviewed along with Inca, but inca does do good damage, most of the time.

Ppl didnt get my point.

Actually you are the one that didn't get what I wrote in that reply. If your thana didn't work, it doesn't ALWAYS mean that the enemy has no defense, you are using a ranged class for god sakes, it was easier to reduce thana damage even if just using one skoll. if they had one skoll, your thana damage will not be high as you thought it would be, and they will still have some DEF stat then since they only used one skoll, if you change to a non incant weapon, the damage will still be not as high since the DEF is taken into consideration. Add the classes that uses little to no VIT to get higher HP(LK and Super Baby). Even if they just put on dual noxious or skoll+noxious or any other card for that matter, your thana and non incant weapon would yield little damage. Your suggestion works with most people, but not to everyone. If it works for you, sure by all means keep using it then.

The reason I put Incantation card there is to cover every hole. Non incant weapon VS incant weapon damage ain't that huge in difference as I tested it, mostly the incant yields better damage actually. The non incant weapon will only hit well if the enemy has negative 20 or below defense using dual skolls and ring and really low base vit. It isn't worth it for me to use the non incant when there are few people that fit the description of negative defense. I would rather MAKE SURE that anyone I fight will either have to eat tons of damage from thana or i just make their def 0 and deal good damage anyway, compared to getting myself screwed against certain classes that knows what they are doing..

as Hypnosis pointed out, 2x skel worker is wasted against Pally, LK and Super Babies due to size difference.

Also as a note, I am one of the only few that still over upgrades their stuff. My reason is that I can easily switch to skolls to combat thana, and while having over upgraded stuff, I protect myself against Non-incant users like you by having some DEF even by wearing 2x skolls. I wrote this guide thinking that the one I'm fighting actually thinks like me

Actually you are the one that didn't get what I wrote in that reply. If your thana didn't work, it doesn't ALWAYS mean that the enemy has no defense, you are using a ranged class for god sakes, it was easier to reduce thana damage even if just using one skoll. if they had one skoll, your thana damage will not be high as you thought it would be, and they will still have some DEF stat then since they only used one skoll, if you change to a non incant weapon, the damage will still be not as high since the DEF is taken into consideration. Add the classes that uses little to no VIT to get higher HP(LK and Super Baby). Even if they just put on dual noxious or skoll+noxious or any other card for that matter, your thana and non incant weapon would yield little damage. Your suggestion works with most people, but not to everyone. If it works for you, sure by all means keep using it then.

The reason I put Incantation card there is to cover every hole. Non incant weapon VS incant weapon damage ain't that huge in difference as I tested it, mostly the incant yields better damage actually. The non incant weapon will only hit well if the enemy has negative 20 or below defense using dual skolls and ring and really low base vit. It isn't worth it for me to use the non incant when there are few people that fit the description of negative defense. I would rather MAKE SURE that anyone I fight will either have to eat tons of damage from thana or i just make their def 0 and deal good damage anyway, compared to getting myself screwed against certain classes that knows what they are doing..

as Hypnosis pointed out, 2x skel worker is wasted against Pally, LK and Super Babies due to size difference.

Also as a note, I am one of the only few that still over upgrades their stuff. My reason is that I can easily switch to skolls to combat thana, and while having over upgraded stuff, I protect myself against Non-incant users like you by having some DEF even by wearing 2x skolls. I wrote this guide thinking that the one I'm fighting actually thinks like me

Well ofcourse, if you only use 1 skoll, thana still have alot of damage. and BTW desperado aint long range... try reading its desc

^ I said gunslinger is a LONG RANGE CLASS, I never said desperado as a ranged skill. Please, for god sakes, read what I put. A thana rapid shower hits just as much as a 5 hit desperado if you know what you are doing, so I normally counter that with noxious and skolls, well I mostly counter snipers, stalkers, clown/gypsy with that setup anyway, and gunslinger is no exception. Gunslingers have other skills, and not just spam desperado all day.

I used 1x skoll on LK, Stalker and My gunslinger too(since I use sinx card sometimes). Thana despe hits me 6-7k. If you call that a lot of damage, you must be kidding me. and non-incant despe hits me around the same too if they switch out, but an incant desperado will hit me around 10k-12k(13-14k if on ship captain).

Edited by Rayray

Well ofcourse, if you only use 1 skoll, thana still have alot of damage. and BTW desperado aint long range... try reading its desc

Huh?

Desperado is a short range attack.

I use 1 skoll alot. And I don't take crazy amounts of damage. It is a tad bit higher but if you know how to work around it you can still win easily.