bboygarrison

Pally Devo Guide

Poster_9.jpg

THIS GUIDE IS FOR BEGINNERS/NEWBIES ok? =) THAT'S WHY I'LL PUT CHEAP AND EASY-TO-GET ITEMS

Okay first of, I never saw a guide about devotion pallies and ppl never explained them properly in the forums. So before i go off to college and not to get online much, i wanted to make a simple guide of the easiest job to gear up ^^ hope you guys like it and please add more input.

I called it easiest to gear up, because after i got hacked and lost everything, I worked for a mere 2 days and got geared up ready for woe again xD

What is Devotion?
-Devotion is a skill that pallies use to support party members. Devotion is a skill that will protect party members by taking the full damage that they are receiving. They must be in range to benefit from this skill, once they leave the skill is canceled and needs to be recasted.
-Now most people look for pallies that have friggs/vitbelts/expensive gears, but they don't know that a pally having just a king shield, king set and vitgaunts is more than enough. You see, The damage taken by the pally is based on the DEF of the person who gets hit, not the Pally that takes the hit. Still, being a geared paladin isn't bad. You get to impress lots of people XD Now back to the topic.
-If the caster has any self casted, class buffs on him, like Guard/Shield Reflect, the party member being Devoed will share those buffs too.
So you better make sure that the person you assist has good gears and his/her HP doesn't drop like an atom bomb quickly. If you devoed someone who isn't geared, then you just wasted your seeds.

What do I do when I'm in WoE/GvG?
-Of course, you Devo your party members. Also, you need to bring atleast 300 seeds. Why seeds? Seeds are lighter and i can carry 400 seeds, if i carried berries, i could just carry like 100. So better you use seeds. And of course you need to watch for your HP when you devo someone, make your HP drop and you failed to protect your party member.

What are the stats of a pally?

With the help of Aushrim, he gave a good pally stat ^^ cuz it's actually pretty obvious and easy xD

Vit 270~290
- I'd really prefer 280, so as not to waste stats. And a pally needs to have lots of HP cuz you know, you are like a punching bag. An awesome punching bag ^^ hey not all players can tank like you xD (if you're a pally)

Dex total of 150
- When guides and people say,"total of 150," it doesn't mean 150+87.. nop...(I'm speaking to new players here) Instead, 136+14=150.. for no cast when you cast devo.

Str the remaining stats
- yep, put aaaaaall of the remaining stats in this. Chunk it all on str xD you'll need str for holdin seeds :3

Agi 1
- you don't need no agi xD you're a support. So no attacking for you :3 well, a Sacrifice/Martyr's pally attacks, but I'm still experimenting on it ^^ I'll post a guide about Sacri Pally if I can make one, or if somebody knows Sacri Build please do post ^^

Int 1
- well, Devo takes up little SP so no need for int.

Luk 1
- pfft. Wanna win a lottery?? xD joke. no need for Luk ^^

Gears and Cards

Now please don't hate on me if i might be wrong in one thing xD I've seen people get trashtalked just because they spelled on word wrong xD

BTW, these are my gears, so if there is anything wrong, holler xD

And the gears I'm going to show are cheap to help newbies of course ^^

Also, this is just a guide ^^ you can experiment with other cards and other stats ^^

Headgear

Helm: Any helm will do.
- 2x Gemini, if you don't have fsold, then put 2x Orc Hero here.

Aura: Any +20 all stats aura will do.
- fsold/1 Orc Hero(if you're using 2x Gemini)

Lower Headgear: Any +8/+10 RS | Fluffy Wings/L.Sacred Gold Wings.
- Maya Purple. So you'll know if a stalker/SinX is coming, and won't be like,"OMG!! WTF!!" if you couldn't see them xD

Armor

Well, I carry 2 armors. Since I have high vit, i won't be needing 2TGK, but if yo would like 2TGK, it's up to you ^^

TGK+GR: For anti-champ. Most champs 4 hit asura me before I die, but the pro and geared ones just 2 asura me xD

TGK+RSX: Hmm.. i don't really use this much xD cuz someone always FCP me before i get into action xD just stays in my inventory xD

GR+RSX: Not really recommended for newbies. If you aren't sure about having 320k HP ... then go xD i ain't your boss.

Weapon

Legendary Paladin Spear: (or in DropDeadHandsome's case, Pike[4] xD he devo good with that xD)
- put 4x Fabre cards. 4x Fabre cards give like extra 10k HP. So yea, it's a good card.
- or 4x metaling cards or any other strip cards you can think of.

Shield

Me, I carry about 2 shields. 1 with GTB and one with Usakoring card.

Cloak

2 Cloaks:
One with raydric+raydric and skoll+skoll for anti-thana ofcourse.
if you want to carry an extra cloak with raydric+skoll, you can too.

Boots

There's a lot of options here. But the cheapest is 2 Green Ferus cards.
But I use GEC+Amon Ra card. Most attacks just miss xD
or you can GEC+GEC. Up to you.
I use GEC+Amon and get maybe 460k HP, even if my HP is pretty low, most attacks miss because of the auto guard that Amon Ra casts. and i like seeing players trying to hit me even if their attacks miss most of the time xD

Accessory

VitGaunts will do just fine. If you can afford Vit Belts, buy it xD and sell your VitGaunts xD

Basic tips to know as a pally:

• You are a seed spammer. You spam seeds and spam and spam and spam. Do NOT be afraid to spam your seeds.
  • When you get stripped, cast Battle Chant, it cancels all of your buffs and also cancels status ailments such as strip, blind, slow, etc. Battle Chant also debuffs enemy breakers (if the castle isn't yours yet) and make their damage less thus helping the breaker you are devoing break. Also, if breakers are coming, always remember to cast Battle Chant on the Emperium so that the enemy breaker's damage to the emp will be 0. (Ty to EL for bringing it up ^^)
  • Use speeds. The first person you should worry about are Breakers. You are their knight in shining armor so better catch up to them xD
  • You are awesome in being a pally. Just because pallies can't kill, doesn't mean you aren't awesome. Pallies are one of the most important jobs in WoE. Your Battle Chant doubles your party member's attack damage and your Provoke skill cancels ecalls.
  • Have fun ^^

TY for having the time to read my guide ^^ if you have anything to add, please do add and i'll edit my guide ^^
Have fun in fRO ^^

Thanks to:
-El
-Carlo
-James
-Vicky ^^
-to Apil Juice for being kind to me when i was a newbie.
-to KAOS for being like a family to me before (now they disbanded).

-to RTF for taking me back after being gone for a long time (now disbanded) ^_^
-to Vengeance for still keeping me even if i'm not that active anymore

-to my buddy Soo Woo :D and the guys in KAOS who are still active and still playing in fRO (only in different guilds)

God Bless ya'll Happy Gaming ^^

Edited by bboygarrison
  • Like 1

Hmm, i think gr+rsx is a must. Since most ppl repel the pallies to the players who are they devoing, you use rsx but you still need gr so you wont be 1 hit by asura, and acid bomb would also hurt. But if you have many armors you can bring them all ahaha. You can also use vr on your weapon so the one attacking you will be dispelled like sinx. I also prefer 2x gec because you need more hp for devo type pally. You can also just use authoritative badge or just buff on healer for increase agi, and you will be faster than anyone else, speed potions are much harder to farm than autho badge or just buffs on healer. But bringing autho is useful, like when you got slow graced in woe, you will battle chant and buffs will be dispelled, so you can use autho badge to regain your speed. Also use 2x skolls all the time, you have high def coz you are a pally and theres a lot of thana users nowadays. Btw, nice guide. Thumbs up.

Edited by carlooreste

You can use strip cards too in your weapon and you can also use Battle Chant to your enemies (breakers) in WoE (or in the Emp) so they can receive 0 damage. And try using reflect cards and gears and go in the middle of the breakers while they're breaking the Emp. They will accidentally hit you and they'll die because of your reflect.

very well said... +1 to this guide.

i woud like also to suggest that you change change your rsx+tao to gr+rsx since rsx+tao doesnt protect you from acid demo at all... and pls refrain from using skoll+raydric, it cant protect you much from both thana and asura. better use 2x skoll and 2x raydric...

well... all in all its a good guide... hope theres more people like you who wanna help newbies out.! XD

Edited by jameslamela

very well said... +1 to this guide.

i woud like also to suggest that you change change your rsx+tao to gr+rsx since rsx+tao doesnt protect you from acid demo at all... and pls refrain from using skoll+raydric, it cant protect you much from both thana and asura. better use 2x skoll and 2x raydric...

well... all in all its a good guide... hope theres more people like you who wanna help newbies out.! XD

im quite lazy xD so i dont really use 2x skoll and 2x ray xD too lazy to decard, ty for the advice tho ^^ im voting for my next cloak cuz i got 3 armors now ^^

You can use strip cards too in your weapon and you can also use Battle Chant to your enemies (breakers) in WoE (or in the Emp) so they can receive 0 damage. And try using reflect cards and gears and go in the middle of the breakers while they're breaking the Emp. They will accidentally hit you and they'll die because of your reflect.

xD yea xD i gospelled other breakers xD i forgot to mention it xD but i didnt know about the reflect thingy xD maybe they will wrong click me and then get killed by reflect (because sometimes breakers dont worry about their HP because they trust their pallies)

Hmm, i think gr+rsx is a must. Since most ppl repel the pallies to the players who are they devoing, you use rsx but you still need gr so you wont be 1 hit by asura, and acid bomb would also hurt. But if you have many armors you can bring them all ahaha. You can also use vr on your weapon so the one attacking you will be dispelled like sinx. I also prefer 2x gec because you need more hp for devo type pally. You can also just use authoritative badge or just buff on healer for increase agi, and you will be faster than anyone else, speed potions are much harder to farm than autho badge or just buffs on healer. But bringing autho is useful, like when you got slow graced in woe, you will battle chant and buffs will be dispelled, so you can use autho badge to regain your speed. Also use 2x skolls all the time, you have high def coz you are a pally and theres a lot of thana users nowadays. Btw, nice guide. Thumbs up.

ty man ^^ appreciate it. BUT... actually, Repel, Back Sliding.. those skills dont work in WoE. and snipers here focus mainly on FAS XD and VR only works when you are the one attacking. also, TGK+GR is my default because sometimes, Champs like to troll me, so they gang me 4v1... but they couldnt kill me xD

and with those equips, i tanked Untitled guild once ^^ the whole guild xD no offense... i got killed when somebody dispelled my buffs, then some champ not from untitled, asura me while James was spamming Despe, SkyLynx spam that ice pillar and trans attacking me xD also tyronn FAS me xD frickin hard to get off them xD my HP drops to red all the time, spammed seeds so much xD then that champ came and asura me xD then dead. and yes i am proud that i was ganged by Untitled xD and survived atleast 30 seconds xD

Nice Guide Lock! :D

thanks ^^ Edited by bboygarrison

ow thnx..

would be good also if u use dark lord and dark ilusion combo?

and for pally i guest its better to have maya than gtb since pally can easy tank bolts and other magics.

it can make magic users die instantly on reflect bcoz of thier huge magic damage while thier hp is not that much to tank ther own damage..

ow thnx..

and for pally i guest its better to have maya than gtb since pally can easy tank bolts and other magics.

it can make magic users die instantly on reflect bcoz of thier huge magic damage while thier hp is not that much to tank ther own damage..

GTB protect u from debuff..(i think)

faggot... i never recogniz that was u... :D

wel maybe.. but since pally is a shield user its better to have 2 or 3 shield for shifting..

heh xD i only use one xD a King shield with usako xD and i dont die much xD i die when somebody tarot me, cuz sometimes i'm too lazy to switch xD but Maya does sound good ^^ i'll try it when i have free time ^^

GTB protect u from debuff..(i think)

xD dont really know, i get debuffed, i just rebuff XD easy-peasy.. but GTB protects from tarot..

ow thnx..

i really prefer Boss Egnigem(GEC)+Amon Ra, because of the kyrie, and ppl mostly miss... and if i have TGK, it'll be like 5-6 seconds before im killed by dps if i wasnt paying attention..

but hey, would'nt hurt to try, and please remember that this guide is for newbies ^^ so they cant afford much, and i've just given them a few cheap ideas for a pally ^^

Edited by bboygarrison

what should i use for acid bomb becuase i keep getting owned by acid bomb

Well, I use RSX + GR on Bio's but if u're a pally and u got FCP'd and u wear TGK + GR u just have to use your buffs and see you got them 500 below damage :)

what should i use for acid bomb becuase i keep getting owned by acid bomb

Acid bomb is always neutral element so better use GR+Tao/GR+RSX(If you don't have FCP) and in cloak 2xRaydric or 2xDeviling (use deviling if your on gtb though)

ill add something for SACRI TYPE PALLY ...

all the cards and armors are correct ...

for the stat in my own pally i do it

vit = 300 (the more HP you have to more damage of your sacri

dex = 115 (just to make no cast)

agi = (just make your ATTACK SPEED up to 195

str = put all the other stat here

note:you can only carry atleast 250+ seed

i only do this at PVP for WOE im a pure tanker ...

im just sharing!

if you think im wrong make your own build then!

***THE_ROCK***

• Like 1

ty man ^^ appreciate it. BUT... actually, Repel, Back Sliding.. those skills dont work in WoE. and snipers here focus mainly on FAS XD and VR only works when you are the one attacking. also, TGK+GR is my default because sometimes, Champs like to troll me, so they gang me 4v1... but they couldnt kill me xD

and with those equips, i tanked Untitled guild once ^^ the whole guild xD no offense... i got killed when somebody dispelled my buffs, then some champ not from untitled, asura me while James was spamming Despe, SkyLynx spam that ice pillar and trans attacking me xD also tyronn FAS me xD frickin hard to get off them xD my HP drops to red all the time, spammed seeds so much xD then that champ came and asura me xD then dead. and yes i am proud that i was ganged by Untitled xD and survived atleast 30 seconds xD

I was the most geared in my guild back then but defending is not my best trait as I would obviously be equipped with breaker cards. Only time I would be able to kill others is if they are a newbie or vulnerable to thana. I'm glad you are proud of tanking one of the underdog guilds though.

• Like 1