boomzatarooy

How To Lower Your Ping?

Your ping is the quality of your connection to the server, which is affected by your distance to the server and the quality of your Internet.

Get a better Internet service provider, don't let anyone else be on your Internet at the same time, move closer to the server. These are pretty much the only things you can do to help improve your ping.

Hi guys i have been wondered recently on how ping effect my performance (especially champion) so is there any way you guys have been doing to make it lower and more efficient on FRO ty

There are several things that you can do to lower your ping rate.

1. Reduce your internet traffic

2. Increase your network connection

3. Reduce distance of the two places thismeans if your house is near the delivery station, the delivery packets will reach your house faster. This means that connecting to a server nearer your place will have a lesser ping than connecting to a server which is located very far .So try to play your games with nearer server station

After that check in this site http://www.whoisxy.com/ to check whether your ping gets lowered or not.

Edited by yerlin

Well you need better bandwidth to play properly online games. But if you play on the servers that are of your own country then your ping will be very low or else start your own server and your ping will be the lowest.

Many things can cause high pings. The further you are away from the Hosts server the higher the ping will be - to a lesser extent your router and cables will also affect the ping.... for best results avoid wireless.

You can talk to your ISP, but oftentimes it will fall on deaf ears.

^__________^

Well you need better bandwidth to play properly online games. But if you play on the servers that are of your own country then your ping will be very low or else start your own server and your ping will be the lowest.

Many things can cause high pings. The further you are away from the Hosts server the higher the ping will be - to a lesser extent your router and cables will also affect the ping.... for best results avoid wireless.

You can talk to your ISP, but oftentimes it will fall on deaf ears.

^__________^

On the wireless thing, it isn't always true. It depends on what kind of wireless you are using, and what other devices are on that channel you are connecting to that might be using the connection as well. For the record, I have 3 connections that I use, my wireless was actually the fastest, it's just that I do not want my iPhone to be always plugged in on my laptop to use its connection.

Samething here, It's just an IT matter of pre-cautions ^^,

I prefer sometimes the wireless than LAN's but I like LAN's eventho... :)

^^,

Some players have reported that wtffast has improved their ping, which I believe. Its gives you a more efficient route that your ISP cannot due to cost. Its up to you though, it isn't something we support. :)

• Like 1

Some players have reported that wtffast has improved their ping, which I believe. Its gives you a more efficient route that your ISP cannot due to cost. Its up to you though, it isn't something we support. :)

Well in theory, I think that client just connects you to a network with less routes possible so yeah it might reduce ping, however it isn't free :p. Might have gotten the same result by paying for a better connection.

The better your computer are, the better your speed and the better you ping will

Not entirely true since ping is connection related. Even if you have a gaming rig, if your connection isn't good and you live too far from the server, your ping would still be high.

Just for clarification:

In gaming there are usually 2 types of ping. While one of them is mostly refered to the other is used very rarely since it's somethng very technical.

The first is the delay in the transmission of commands between server and PC.

The second is the delay from the player reaction to the PC reaction.

The 'second' ping as you call it is simple imput time/imput lag. it's a hardware delay, not called ping (at least what you described is not called ping). Either way the right answers have been given in this topic.

Ping if the time it takes for your PC to send a packet to the server AND receive an answer back (pong). This time is measured in mili seconds. In order to lower your ping there's quite a few things you can do. However some ways will work for you others won't.

Ways that pretty much always work :

1: Move closer to the server.

2: Upgrade to a better ISP or internet plan (Keep in mind that more MB/s does NOT equal lower ping)

3: If your ping is 300 or higher you will definitely see improvements with Wtfast which brings me to another possible option.

Possible options not guaranteed to work.

1: Blocking out specific hops in the route-table.

2: Contacting your ISP, there's multiple options they can change that could improve your ping. Though it'd be way too technical to name them all and some ISPs will not be willing to help you out.

Other ways that I can think of are mainly for windows xp or older. As the newer windows versions have most of the connection settings already optimized for the regular user.

I live in Australia so I've come to the conclusion my ping will never be under 250 :( aha

There is a program, or rather script that aids in getting faster acknowledgements of the data segments being send back & forth over the network.

Leatrix Latency Fix

How It Works

Online games generally use the TCP protocol which requires that network segments sent to your computer be acknowledged in order to provide a reliable connection.

Windows bundles these acknowledgements together and sends them in pairs. While this is an efficient way of dealing with them generally, the inevitable delays caused by the bundling process increase latency considerably.

This is because when Windows queues up an acknowledgement in order to bundle it with the following one, the game server has to wait for the acknowledgement timer to expire before sending new data.

Leatrix Latency Fix removes the acknowledgement bundling process so that an acknowledgement is sent immediately for every segment that's received. This produces a significant reduction in latency as there is no longer a delay before new data is sent to your computer.

In a normal networking environment, you would prioritise network efficiency over latency and use the Windows defaults, but in online games the opposite is true and you want the lowest latency you can possibly get.

Before people say they don't play that game, the script is usable for everything, it is just hosted on that website. It's a simple run/install and reboot and off you go.

The above program is one I have installed as well. However, for me it didn't do anything to reduce latency. It is possible though that some notice a bigger difference than others. It is worth a try.

I've tried out WTFast... It reduces ping tremendously... But trust me on this, you only get to use it for 30 days, after which, you either pay for the extension of the account or you reformat your computer to "reset" the IP log or whatever is reset when you format...

Leatrix Latency Redux doesn't do anything at all. It just takes up space on your computer. Don't try it. 'Nuf said.

Best way to reduce your ping is to just move closer to the server. For the people who live across the globe from the server, either find an ISP that boosts your connection to Over9000 or get rich, move closer to the server, install the game, and pawn the shit out of everyone with your awesome ping.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents =D

I've tried out WTFast... It reduces ping tremendously... But trust me on this, you only get to use it for 30 days, after which, you either pay for the extension of the account or you reformat your computer to "reset" the IP log or whatever is reset when you format...

Leatrix Latency Redux doesn't do anything at all. It just takes up space on your computer. Don't try it. 'Nuf said.

Best way to reduce your ping is to just move closer to the server. For the people who live across the globe from the server, either find an ISP that boosts your connection to Over9000 or get rich, move closer to the server, install the game, and pawn the shit out of everyone with your awesome ping.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents =D

Lol, well said. x)