gurkak

Help The New Players

what about there's a certain map that newbie players can use the temporary items? something like a beta map for new players? so they can experience it. though there's a rule. only 1 account can be tested or character so they wont abuse this kind of beta or something.

let me hear your opinion guys

So to sum up all discussion made here... Non-slotted temporary Forsaken Set wouldn't be a nice option for me. Why? Well if I was a new player, that would just spoil me until it expires and what then? Nothing really would happen. I think Forsaken Knight set is pretty decent for the start, what concerns me is the time and work put into making this set. Every new player needs a little push sometimes and a little more of motivation to go forward more complicated and bigger quests - I actually liked the idea of small quests after the introduction of the server in novice zone (by the way, Sedora still isn't working which makes me sad :() - it could actually help them get to know Forsaken City a little bit. Let me elaborate: you all know 3d-MMOs starting quests where they introduce you to a new town, show you where the NPCs are by making you walk to them - we could do the same here, maybe not making them walk, but just include map coordinates so they can learn how to use @warp too (yes, some of new players might not know it). Then direct them to the first step of leveling up (which is, for example what, pay_dun00?). After all that set of quests is done, remind them that after they once reach 255/255 they can make a Knight quest, where they'll gain some weapons and other parts of items to start with. Include quest room in the introduction quest, let them know what quests they can do, maybe make some of them a little more simple. Not to make them lazy, but just to motivate them to move forward. That mentioned idea about guild packs was amazing also - it would've brought some of players here, and in return it'd be helpful for them to start. I also agree in making event items more of a value than they are at the moment. In my opinion they should be a little bit better than donation items - I mean, events are what runs the server right? If no one joins events, no one will host the events, and who would join events if event items are not as special as donation ones? I'm not saying make them super OP, I'm saying make them slightly better, just so they know there are things ingame, that can help them climb up and are worth joining events/doing it. I love the way how the server is actually evolving at the moment, new quests are always welcome for everyone, but as people mentioned - do not go overly strict with "you must find NPC yourself". As it's been told, most of them have no clue where to even start. Wiki is there as an option ofcourse, I can try to make guides for newly added quests, I think and speaking of this, Wiki should be mentioned at introduction when people start, or maybe added as a message when you log in - just so they know there is a place they can lean on if they need some help :). I'd add some more but I forgot what I've had in my mind so I'll probably add it on later when I remember. xD

If not slotted, put increased effects on the gears, say like +40% damage to MVPs or 40% chance to get ygg seed/berry when farming or whatever, something really helpful for farming/MVP hunt/PVP

Probably better to reduce the MVP's hp to what it was a year ago, maybe with the exception of thana. But i think that was removed because MvP'ing was too easy.

I think a revamp of the novice zone would be best, and as Celestial said, helping new players by showing them where important npc's are etc.

The stats i suggested for the gears are not final, it can be adjusted and yeah i can see how the farming option can be abused, my point is if the set is not slotted then give it beneficial stats for newbies to help them out in the server for a bit.

@Celestial

Spoiling is part of it right? I mean if it helps them enjoy the server the few days they play it, then why not? and when it does disappear, it's their choice to actually continue on playing or not with what they've seen so far on the server, just make sure they actually know that it disappears after a week and inform them of the things they can do in the server within that week with the help of the temporary set, have an npc inform them of the small quests, storyline, the gears they will be needing and how to obtain them so at least we were able to provide them with the necessary information for starting out and they don't end up just wasting that temp gear walking around with it (the small quests after the intro in novice zone could do just this).

And yeah saw the sedora monster at iz_dun05, it looks adorable, make this work :D

No on the MVP reduced hp again, that's just gonna be even worse for the newbies when old/geared players can just 1-2 shots mvp. As a geared player myself i'd probably just camp an mvp and kill it knowing that it's easy to do(e.g. Turtle General) which means more competition for newbies.

The temporary set should give the newbies the temporary boost necessary for them to play equal or close to the level of old/geared players (it's just temporary anyways).

MVP cards cost 10toks average. You need like 2k to partly gear a character. 200 mvp cards... not so many but noone needs mvp cards.

the key to attract new players is top tier content and obvious way to achieve it. literary, there is nothing to do when there is no events. pvp is barely motivated (and in pvp room it is just very annoying to stay 24/7 to watch other players feeding and SSing them).Fro has some nice pvp balance so noobs will get attracted if they see nice battles of skilled people. then they would try to kill mvps/farm/donate to get the gears to be able to access that pvp content. but at the moment even if you can give them free valks and fsets that wont help them to stay. you need to make some new neverending pvp motivation, then it would help.

Edited by HealHard

^ I agree, we need some kind of PVP motivation for new players. and events, definitely more events(and revamp events rewards too). I've been here for a long time on and off and in that time i noticed that the some of the fun events are barely being held now..

1. I understand there is still some kind of bug on poring ball map so i understand it not being around anymore

2. When I was new, since I cannot really fight on my own, I always joined Team LMS.

team oriented events might help new players.

on the temporary gear.. i do hope it gives players the necessary effect that could make them jump and do pvp the moment they hit 255. like a temporary set(or rental whatever you guys might prefer) that wouldn't need mvp cards(weapons that got incant effect etc). It is indeed temporary anyway..

Edited by ZerO25

well regarding the temp gear if it's considered rental then it will drive the price for the mvp cards for pvp down since people can just go rent the gear and use that for pvp. it should be character bound if anything

We're going to be adding legendary versions of most if not all of the elite weapons and the valkyrie weapons. The current legendary weapons won't be changing, we're just adding a lot more.

I'm going to close this now since it seems like the topic is no longer about helping new players. If you have any other suggestions relating specifically to that, please feel free to PM me or make a new topic. We're currently working on this now. Thanks to everyone for your suggestions!