gurkak

Help The New Players

Back then there were some guilds dedicated to helping out newbies. Life was easier heh.

I'd help out newbies as long as they don't keep asking for items, like where to get something, how to do something etc...

Make those newbie guides easier to find, and don't make them look for the npc's they need.

I think you should revamp the novice zone, at the moment it's like "Welcome, heres a bunch of gear, heres some mobs, and heres where the GM's are found.. goodluck"

Maybe introduce short quests, such as small item collection quests for gear, then another quest for job changing. Which also gives helpful hints & facts about how ForsakenRO works, the currency and the main city (Forsaken City)

Oh and also, it might be good to introduce them to the story line

Edited by Mint

i like the idea of short quests for gears but i don't like the idea for job quests. most people that join a higher rate server don't like the job change quests. personally the job change quests are just annoying and i know there are other people with that same type of thinking.

I just meant like short quests, E.g "Talk to x Npc", before someone can change job classes

Edited by Mint

All I'm saying is, If I hadn't played ragnarok before & I just joined this server, if the prt_vilg00 map was empty i'd have no idea what to do next, and 90% of the people in fcity are afk. so it's just an idea to help new players ease into the server without quitting in the first hour or so.

I agree with mint here. it kinda gets boring if you just started and do not have anything else to do after that.

also put the headgear quests in an easier to access place instead. like how we have the event npcs now.

The storyline quests should be left alone, and as mint said, the elite quest is going to be removed anyway. We did the elite quest and elite weapon quests without kiels. that's like 6k hydra cards then some others, it is not impossible.

@Zerg well we did the elite quest as a whole guild so that might've been the reason we were able to do it, it was like all wizards hunt hydras and carats, champs and creators and sinx hunt the mvps needed for every elite quest and trade them with each other.. i kinda understand that it is annoying to do alone though

The elite quest isn't really relevant anymore since we've already said it's being removed, please stay on topic and provide thoughtful and reasonable suggestions that would help new players. Thanks for all of the good ideas so far!

um more aura quests? and please no auras that gives below 15 stats. most newbies see the auras(and fhelm for that matter) as a sign of having decent items. so giving them a quest that gives an aura will make them have some sense of accomplishment(i know i did when i did the dragon aura quest :p)

I suggest .

give them a starting Forsaken set/belt etc, but there is an expiration date and cant be traded or put on storage. so they can experience the donation items and etc , so they motivate to farm to get those items.

+1 for this ^0^

i agree with the temporary forsaken set but it needs to be non slotted because if someone puts an MVP card in it and forgets to take it out when it expires then they will lose the mvp card. which would not be good for a new player. i agree with an increase in aura quests and maybe even making a quest for the gvh since it's effect is the same as F helm it would be good to let new players be able to at least hunt for that.

^ no point having a non-slotted forsaken set, a knight set would be better. & if there was a slotted set there would be nothing stopping people abusing the feature and creating account after account

^ no point having a non-slotted forsaken set, a knight set would be better. & if there was a slotted set there would be nothing stopping people abusing the feature and creating account after account

If thats the case.. the gms will track their MAC/IP address..

suppose that it is not automatically given as soon as you create your character in game it will be better..

" data-cid="252151" data-time="1347745647">

i agree with the temporary forsaken set but it needs to be non slotted because if someone puts an MVP card in it and forgets to take it out when it expires then they will lose the mvp card. which would not be good for a new player. i agree with an increase in aura quests and maybe even making a quest for the gvh since it's effect is the same as F helm it would be good to let new players be able to at least hunt for that.

How about if the the set will expires.. it will automatically decard all those mvp card..

The set could be one-slotted each item.

Unless theres a way to automatically decard the temporary set, then don't make them slotted.

If slotted, make sure it can automatically decard (not sure if possible), OR have a timer in it like the passes, tells the player when the gears will disappear.

If not slotted, put increased effects on the gears, say like +40% damage to MVPs or 40% chance to get ygg seed/berry when farming or whatever, something really helpful for farming/MVP hunt/PVP

I don't know about the gears being helpful for pvp though. It should since this is a PVP server after all.

Both will be non-tradable, can't be placed in storage and timed (will disappear in a week or so) as xxxxxxxxxx stated.

GVH as quest reward... that's not bad at all, might as well.

i don't agree with thet 40% berry/seed because it can be abused really fast by people already farming things like speed pots they can farm berries/seeds and speed pots all at once it would be abused. but the 40% damage to mvp's isn't a bad idea.

giving items that help them MVP is great. even if this is a pvp server, they would need to mvp at some point to have a better chance at pvp. Better event and vote items among other things/