Veracity

Fate Of The Gods Episode 2: The Final Descent

Hi folks, we're officially releasing complete guides for these quests. You can find them here: http://www.forsaken-ro.net/forum/index.php?app=ccs&module=pages&section=pages&id=1&record=138

Blessed is finished, tomorrow we'll be adding the cursed ring part.

We decided it didn't make sense to keep it a "secret" especially since people were taking advantage of that to try to keep the 'secret' within small circles of their friends. The quest was added so everyone could do it, so now we're releasing it to everyone, as it should be. :)

since this was expected to happen then it shouldnt be kept as a secret in the first place.

all the hard work and time spent, probably weeks or months, by those who actually figured out the whole quest, are now being easily given out. my sympathy goes out to you guys who actually did the quest without a guide, you who spent days, weeks or months, you're the best.

as for a future quest like this (if there is any), let us keep our fingers crossed, hoping that a full guide will be posted rather than having ppl to figure it out by themselves.

just my two cents=)

The people who figured it out themselves had the advantage of having it before anyone else and selling them at higher prices since they were more rare, etc. That alone is enough, especially since many took advantage of this to make profit. In the future though, I think we're more likely to post the guide early on.

• Like 1

We decided it didn't make sense to keep it a "secret" especially since people were taking advantage of that to try to keep the 'secret' within small circles of their friends. The quest was added so everyone could do it, so now we're releasing it to everyone, as it should be. :)

finally. quest are made for everyone to doing it. u should make all guide for all quest too.

im stuck at summer pirate hat quest. pls make a guide for that too. thx..

I'm not gonna point out the fact again about "how this was meant to be a secret and how ppl would take advantage of it and it was expected to happen since it is a secret quest."

Since u did mention in the future you guys will post a guide early on, thats a good enough answer for me, cheers

We are revamping the website, and one of the things that will include is re-doing all of our guides and adding any missing ones. The guides will be very clear and easy to understand. The new website is going to be a great resource, I'm really looking forward to releasing it! :D

I'm not gonna point out the fact again about "how this was meant to be a secret and how ppl would take advantage of it and it was expected to happen since it is a secret quest."

Since u did mention in the future you guys will post a guide early on, thats a good enough answer for me, cheers

Actually, I didn't really expect it at all. I was really disappointed. I guess I'm niave, but I thought people were honest and had integrity. Ah well, lessons learned! Not everyone is as good a person as I would hope. :)

• Like 1

We are revamping the website, and one of the things that will include is re-doing all of our guides and adding any missing ones. The guides will be very clear and easy to understand. The new website is going to be a great resource, I'm really looking forward to releasing it! :D

Actually, I didn't really expect it at all. I was really disappointed. I guess I'm niave, but I thought people were honest and had integrity. Ah well, lessons learned! Not everyone is as good a person as I would hope. :)

There's still good ones, trust me =)

Edited by Biomehanika

I'm glad to hear that, thank you! It's for people like that, and people who appreciate our work on the server and genuinely enjoy playing here, that we work so hard for. :)

As for someone who helped his guildies on the search for this quest's npcs, I really do not think releasing the guide is bad. Only those who wanted to gain profit will think it is bad. I mean cmon, even with the complete guide, you would still need to farm and do the raids. Sure, you won't search for npcs, but cmon, the npcs were practically straight forward if you read what they say. If they remained secret, no new player would be able to get it, as some of you are still Elitist.

So, good job to the GM Team for releasing the guide. At least everyone has equal footing now regarding that quest, and I assume the Friggs quest guide would be released as well. :)

As for someone who helped his guildies on the search for this quest's npcs, I really do not think releasing the guide is bad. Only those who wanted to gain profit will think it is bad. I mean cmon, even with the complete guide, you would still need to farm and do the raids. Sure, you won't search for npcs, but cmon, the npcs were practically straight forward if you read what they say. If they remained secret, no new player would be able to get it, as some of you are still Elitist.

So, good job to the GM Team for releasing the guide. At least everyone has equal footing now regarding that quest, and I assume the Friggs quest guide would be released as well. :)

Well, I figured out the quest with my guildmates, made my rings and my guildmates', helped friends who's having troubles with raids and NPC's and I don't make any profit out of it....yet I feel its still bad D:

the searching for the entrance to the realms isn't as straight forward as it seems. And in my opinion, it is the cracking for the location of the npcs that is the most difficult part of the quest. as for new players being at a disadvantage, i actually think it is a good source of revenue if they managed to solve the quest, after all cape is only required at the final stage. You get unlimited attempt for the raids so patience and effort is the key. it took my guild almost a month to figure out the quest, we are all pretty new to the server. I'd say it just takes loads of commitment and perseverance. and like Biomehanika said we are not making a profit out of it. We help those who help themselves, not those who just lazy around town and expect free tips. but like him, i too, don't feel good about this. the quest would have been a nice challenge to keep.

Lenneth, I understand your frustration about this and why you wouldn't feel good about it. The people who actually took the time to figure everything out are understandably upset. That's completely natural, too. However, please try to think of it from my perspective. The storyline is like my baby. I'm the one who planned out the story, spent hours and hours researching and learning about Norse mythology, wrote the dialogue, picked out all of the 100+ NPCs, chose the quest rewards, came up with the concept of the raids and the mobs in them. I carefully went through and chose the quest requirements to make sure they went with the story. All of this, while it may seem simple, was tons of work for me and took me over a year to do. I spent so many hours working on this, well over a couple of hundreds, I can't even count. Genesis, Wish, and Justice all hugely contributed to the storyline as well, from coding, to making the maps, to testing it over and over and over. Zeal also spent hours working with us to develop the mob AIs for the raids. It was a huge project for all of us.

I had only the best intentions of not wanting guides posted. In my mind, this would encourage people to explore for themselves and/or work with their group of friends to figure out the quest. I wanted it to be a fun and challenging undertaking, one that wasn't just "warp to x coords, skip through all of the dialogue, farm items mindlessly, done." I wanted it to be special.

However, there were unintended consequences to this. Many people found it so intimidating and difficult, they didn't even know how or where to begin and so didn't bother with the quest. A smaller amount of players took the time to figure out everything which I applaud. Unfortunately, some of these players then made guides which they would distribute to a select group of people (normally, I would say a vast majority of the time, to people who were well geared and moderately to very rich already). This has the effect of "the rich getting richer." They would repeatedly do the quest over and over again, selling the rings for ridiculous profit. Sharing a guide with your friends, well, that's one thing, and I could have lived with that. But then people started selling the guides. Other people hoarded drops required for the storyline, making it impossible for almost any other player to do it. It became something controlled by a few different groups of people.

The original point of the quest being "secret" had long ago stopped being the case - most people who were doing it weren't figuring it out, but using the guides already spread around. We didn't put all of this hard work in to benefit only a small portion of the server. We put all of that work in so everyone could enjoy it. It's meant to attract people to the server, to encourage them to gear up enough and work towards being able to do the quest. That wasn't, and couldn't honestly happen with things like the way they were.

I understand you're upset, and rightly so, but please understand that this is done for the best of the server as a whole. It's a hard decision to make, certainly. I had been considering doing it for some time, and had decided a few weeks ago we would, after seeing the consequences continue to get worse. Then, as you know, there was a situation with a banned player that sped up this process and made it more urgent. Rather than allowing it to circulate within a few groups, we're putting everyone on more equal footing. It's been about 4 or so months now since it was released. For that time, the people who had done the quest (and even those who just followed guides), were able to have the items before anyone else and sell them to make profit. I think that's reward enough, or at least, I hope so. This was in no way a rash decision made on my part, and something I had been considering for a long time now. This was done for the best, it may not be easy to see or accept that right now, but I can assure you, it was.

It's a good quest, no doubt about it, kudos to the team that put this together. However since storyline quests are made to be advance evolution of donation items (i know there are non donation options available but i don't think it's worth the trouble of going through such a complicated quest to make a non-donation copy of it), so the rich becoming richer is somewhat expected due to the requirements of the quest, and the group that lead the quests would be people who could get a hold on capes which basically put them in the well geared range. It is unfortunate that some people decided to abuse the quest (hording ingredients, overpricing rings), but since the last update things have changed for the better.

I won't be arguing on the rightfulness of this decision because this will just lead to an inconclusive debate as those who did the quest find it bad those who didn't find it good, it is hard to judge whose interest should be weighted higher over the other. If the main reason behind this is for the good of the community, then probably it could have used some soft landing, this is kinda abrupt, especially after a new update not long ago which significantly improved all the issues you mentioned above. My main concern is if this was placed as a counter measure to that specific someone's challenge, if it is then i think there are better alternatives.

My god, I saw this episode on facebook right now. I can't wait to enter these dungeons with my guilde / party and see all the self-custom made maps!

It seems like this time I joined the right server. You put a lot of effort in it which other server unfortunaley don't do. Great!

I can't wait to see more of your own made stuff and I'm awaiting new fabulous items / maps / episodes /etc..

Keep it up!