Meka Meka

Give Valis Enlarge Weight Limit?

Any other gunslingers out there feel my pain?

I'd like to suggest giving Valis Level 10 Enlarge Weight Limit to this dex-based class.

Can only carry 200ish seeds, and that's with the new belts.

What do you guys think?

I strongly recommend to add it to the Valkyrie Weapon. As the topic owner stated 200 Seeds is nothing when you are mainly relying on Desperado and hardly being able to kill with Rapid Shower. And also you will have to waste a lot of Seeds when a Sniper is hitting you and you have to walk up all the way. And I have seen a few GS using C.Speed Pots in order to close the gap for their Desperado Skill. Hence they arent really able to fight a long battle, for example in LMS.

+1, definitely.

I'm up for it. (:

Disagree. The weight limit is pretty much the only weakness gunslingers have nowadays. Insane damage output and on par if not higher HP than for example a chemist. A chemist can carry less seeds than a gunslinger because of the acid/grenade bottles they need to carry. AND they have less HP than gunslingers while they're supposed to be tanky classes. So chemists lost their weight advantage (because every class is getting the enlarge weight limit...) AND their entire tankyness. While a class like gunslinger, which is supposed to be a glass cannon gets boosted HP and now wants boosted weight limit as well ?

I really don't think gunslingers are the class to look at with the intension to buff.

Edited by Shadi

Just curious, how many seeds can you carry with full acid bottle load?

If it is less than GS, then I'd agree to add Enlarge Weight Limit 10 to J.Rage, since creator is INT-based.

Stalker Oriental Sword has it, Wiz High, Prof High, and Voluspa has it. Why not J.Rage?'

My feeling is that GS (and creator now that we're on the topic) doesn't really have a high enough damage-threshold to make the "glass-cannon" argument when they're facing other STR-based classes with their DPS and YGG-capacity.

Edited by Meka Meka
  • Like 1

I strongly recommend to add it to the Valkyrie Weapon. As the topic owner stated 200 Seeds is nothing when you are mainly relying on Desperado and hardly being able to kill with Rapid Shower. And also you will have to waste a lot of Seeds when a Sniper is hitting you and you have to walk up all the way. And I have seen a few GS using C.Speed Pots in order to close the gap for their Desperado Skill. Hence they arent really able to fight a long battle, for example in LMS.

+1, definitely.

I agree +1 !

If it is less than GS, then I'd agree to add Enlarge Weight Limit 10 to J.Rage, since creator is INT-based.

Stalker Oriental Sword has it, Wiz High, Prof High, and Voluspa has it. Why not J.Rage?'

My feeling is that GS (and creator now that we're on the topic) doesn't really have a high enough damage-threshold to make the "glass-cannon" argument when they're facing the STR-based classes with their DPS and YGG-capacity, they'll win every time in my opinion.

That's true! The only thing is how are we going to give creators another boost on Enlarge Weight Limit, if they already have it? BUT if it was possible, I strongly agree with it 8)! Honestly, I can only hold 150-180 seeds with 800 acid bottle/bottle grenade & 100 FCP bottles

My feeling is that GS (and creator now that we're on the topic) doesn't really have a high enough damage-threshold to make the "glass-cannon" argument when they're facing other STR-based classes with their DPS and YGG-capacity.

A single fight can easily take up to 1k ADs so you should at least carry this amount with you with about 30 str you'd reach 5k max weight. 2k of this is already gone by the ad bottles then another 30-50 weight of fcp bottles. Then your gear, regular belts together nearly take 1k as well. Lets say that all your gear and bottles reach up the 3k explained above. That would mean you'd have 1500 more weight until you'd be 90% overweight. This means about 100 seeds. Basically creators are forced to stack up on str to carry items while all other classes get the weight boost as well that do not require such heavy load to carry along with them into battle (aka acid bottles and grenade bottles.).

One could argue that creators get a cart that gives them additional weight. However I think this arguement is invalid as @storage is available at most areas including some competitive areas such as WoE castles.

I think the gunslinger dps is high enough to use the glass cannon arguement. The creator dps definitely isn't. Though creator/chemists are not supposed to be a glass cannon class, they're actually supposed to be one of the best tanks out there that can outlast an enemy. However on this server they got extremely crap HP and their survivability is less than a glass cannon class.
  • Like 1

What sense does that have? Creator's have Enlarge Weight Limit level 10 already. Haha. It's a Merchant skill =]

• Like 1

A single fight can easily take up to 1k ADs so you should at least carry this amount with you with about 30 str you'd reach 5k max weight. 2k of this is already gone by the ad bottles then another 30-50 weight of fcp bottles. Then your gear, regular belts together nearly take 1k as well. Lets say that all your gear and bottles reach up the 3k explained above. That would mean you'd have 1500 more weight until you'd be 90% overweight. This means about 100 seeds. Basically creators are forced to stack up on str to carry items while all other classes get the weight boost as well that do not require such heavy load to carry along with them into battle (aka acid bottles and grenade bottles.).

I think the gunslinger dps is high enough to use the glass cannon arguement. The creator dps definitely isn't. Though creator/chemists are not supposed to be a glass cannon class, they're actually supposed to be one of the best tanks out there that can outlast an enemy. However on this server they got extremely crap HP and their survivability is less than a glass cannon class.

I strongly agree to what Shadi is saying, I've been maining on my Biochemist and every battle I face against another person, I have to hold 1k Acid Bottles/Bottle Grenades, which I do not have enough weight to get enough seeds to hold and not only that, but with 180 vit....I only have 210k hp WTF is that?!

What sense does that have? Creator's have Enlarge Weight Limit level 10 already. Haha. It's a Merchant skill =]

Lol, that's what I was saying....I don't even know if its possible to give the weapon the skill if us Merchants have it already.... Edited by Amicable

Oh right ...sorry forgot lol.

Posted Image

Lol, that's what I was saying....I don't even know if its possible to give the weapon the skill if us Merchants have it already....

I'm not sure either. (I'd still be for it or an alternative if possible)

What I do know, is that it's ~200 seeds without carrying bottles, or barely any other items such as verters for gunslingers, and with the new belts (and full gear).

Edited by Meka Meka

i must say i can't agree with the increase weight limit for GS i mean they can already use a shield and they have a shitload of DPS as is with their desperado spam unlike some other classes that can't pull such high DPS. On top of that a chemist although they have a cart in the time it takes them to get more AD bottles out of their cart they are dead because of their low HP. The biochemist is supposed to have one of the best HP mods of all classes and yet they were pretty much HP screwed, unlike GS which is not supposed to have such high HP because it is supposed to be a glass cannon that's the reason it was made the way it was, have a ton of HP. The issue that i'm seeing is that biochemist have too low HP and GS have too high of HP, so why not reduce the HP for GS and increase the HP for biochemist? maybe even find an edit for the biochemist wep that allows them maybe level 20 increase weight limit? that way they can still get a useful bonus from the weapon and maybe then it would be a good idea to give GS an increase in weight.

Well I would probably suggest Level 5 Enlarge Weight Limit for Gunslinger, if its not possible for Level 10 & For Biochemist, yeah, they seriously need a boost on the hp and more weight so they can hold more seeds/yggs with 800-1000 acid bottles/bottle grenades and FCP

If you wish to boost something on Creator, please suggest it seperately. Genesis doesn't want 2 suggestions in 1. So, we should better focus on EWL Level 5/10 yes/no.

So, I'd say level 5 could be enough for them, maybe level 10. We can't test it, as for now.

+1, definitely.

+1 for this. coz i want lvl 10 EWL in Pally Halb. pally halb is useless compare to odin. >.<

i can't agree with it because pally already have the peco which gives them 2k weight anyway on top of the fact that they only have to carry seeds or berries and they don't require any other items. as for the GS i don't agree with the enlarge weight limit because they are designed to be glass cannons not a tank class on top of the fact that they can pull such massive damage so quickly they are fine the way they are untill other classes are changed and built up before GS are.

lek0218, zergling, stop flooding about creators and paladin halberds in this topic. go talk about it in skype or w/e u want but not in GS topic.

Shadi, why GS should be compared to creators? and BTW they got lvl 10 enlarge and a CART which is pretty much like a storage.

As for gunslingers i say they are OK. people run out of SP too fast because of breakneck thats why they want to carry 500 seeds. My GS can carry 250 seeds and it is quite enough to duel anyone, as damage output is pretty insane. If you want to last longer - try hollowrings.

Edited by HealHard

first off nobody is flooding about creator and paladin. secondly a cart doesn't mean much if you run out of supplies and you need to get them fast because by the time you get them you're dead.

as he said GS are fine as they are they do have high damage output and they can carry plenty of seeds to duel someone.

Shadi, why GS should be compared to creators? and BTW they got lvl 10 enlarge and a CART which is pretty much like a storage.

As for gunslingers i say they are OK. people run out of SP too fast because of breakneck thats why they want to carry 500 seeds. My GS can carry 250 seeds and it is quite enough to duel anyone, as damage output is pretty insane. If you want to last longer - try hollowrings.

That's very easy to explain as it comes down to common sense. A game such as RO is competitive and since this is a PK server it relies around PvP. Therefore all aspects should be taken into account. Hence you compare classes and based on that you decide whether a certain class deserves a boost or not. This is required to get anywhere near class balance. As creators are one of the weakest classes atm, and it's a BOOST that get's suggested you will compare the class that gets a suggested boost to the weakest class on the server atm. Why would you boost certain classes when there's other classes that are way weaker at the current time ? Prioritize the balance and prioritize the weakest classes first. Gunslinger is definitely not one of the weakest classes and therefore they do not require a boost at this given time.

Other than that the suggested boost is about giving a certain class a skill from the MERCHANT class. Hence why you bring up the merchant class and how it effects them if we keep on giving enlarge weight limit to other classes. Also what on earth is the use of a cart when there's @storage available ? Even in the biggest events aka WoE @storage is enabled so the cart hardly has any use at all and is therefore not a valid arguement.

Bottom line : I do not agree with adding enlarge weight limit to the gunslinger weapon. If classes are to be boosted we should start with the weakest ones not with the ones that are already close to the top.

• Like 1

If you want to tell me Creator is one of the weakest classes, that's not true. They have Magic Attack and Ranged Attacks. They can break Armors and Weapons (leaving this out because Elite, Legendary & Valkyrie Weapons are unbreakable), also they have a Cart to carry MORE supplies than anyone else. They can FCP themselves, so they are invulnerable against any art of Strip or Breaking Weapons. Plus they have EWL level 10. Oh and not to forget, they have a Homunculus like Lif, to escape fast.

All they need is a HP boost? That would result in making them WAY TOO OP.

To conclude, Creators are already boosted so much and they are fine. The Valk Weapon is expensive, because it gives you such a variation of Skills. They are OP, in terms of variation and I explained above all the things they have. We want to balance, not to OP them, How do you want to kill a Creator with a higher Weight Limited and a better HP Calculation?

Edited by Levis

Creator is definitely one of the weakest classes on this server. Heck even supernovices deal more damage and survive a LOT more. Creator's matk is utterly low which makes their bolts weak and easy to outygg. Their only ranged attack can be reduced to nothing with the use one only 1 card which is defaulted by everyone. Aka ghostring. Breaking weapons/armors, with these rates everyone can do that. There's cards that enable that which proc more often than AD even. Aside from that lets face it, every single person on here can get fcp and the power of creator is supposed to be OUTLASTING this fcp and winning in the end. Also they have EWL level 10.. yes. DUUUUUH it's a merchant class, they are supposed to be the ONLY class with enlarge weight limit. Not all other classes as well. As stated before the cart is not a legit arguement as it's utterly useless with @storage around.

Also lets not forget that AI's do not work properly on this server and homunculus are utterly weak. Therefore the only useful homunculus is Lif. this is a downside not an advantage. Homunculus are supposed to be a HUGE contribution to the creator. Mainly in damage, both Vanilmirth and lif on official nearly do the same damage as a player. I'm not asking for that now am I ? No cause I know that would be OP. But adding more hp to creator is OP ? don't make me laugh. I know you play a Assassin cross which has a rediculous amount of HP on this server, keep in mind that the merchant class is supposed to have MORE HP than an assassin. Hell being on par with assassin would do already. This while assassins on here easily reach above 300k. A merchant needs to stack up a huge amount of vit to get to 200k. This is what we call imbalanced.

HP boost is definitely what they need. They are supposed to be a tanking class that can carry WAY more than any other class yet have the lowest hp on the server and have equal weight carrying with everyone else due to all classes getting this enlarge weight limit skill. Boosting their HP would not make them OP at all as their damage would remain crap as it is.

To conclude creators are pretty much the weakest class on this server. Low health, low damage, variation of skills that can all get nerfed by using 1-2 cards which makes them utterly useless in regular pvp fights. Creators are SUPPOSED to have higher weight limit and better HP calculation. That's how they were made in the first place. And it's easy to kill them as their damage output is insanely low you can outdamage them, outlast them. And at the moment with their utterly low HP you can even easily burst them down in one go.

Either way I've given my opinion on this suggestion. So -1 from me.

• Like 1

irrelevant creator discussion. once again, keep to the topic. and creators are VERY strong in right hands. If you want to boost them make a topic where everyone can discuss it. And you only mention the strongest classes when refering to some point. Sinx has high HP cus they do not have any damaging ranged attacks so they need to get close to the target, losing HP. Lif = unlimited speed potion. i dont think it can be a disadvantage. they got enough hp to survive asuras. they do not even need fsolds as their ranged attack is not affected by stone curse. they can easily wear sacreds. they have magic + ranged + pushing attacks + mammonite to ignore pneuma. learn to use creator before posting stuff like that. And refering to classic RO scheme such as "merchants are supposed to have more hp then assasin" is just irrelevant. balance is totally different in Fro, u kno?

the reason that the balance here is not the same as on officials is because of the number of changes that the server has. also if you actually look at a creator they have high INT not str so mammo is useless as fuck. the cart revo would push people out of pneuma but all that takes is an RSX and with 2 raydric and gtb a creator is made powerless. as for GS they have a ranged attack and a close range attack as well as their ability to only need 1 stat for damage on top of their ability to change their attacking element it makes them far stronger than creator. as for your argument on a sinx needing to get close, you're a moron if you don't use cloak to get close to a person that's just the way the class is played. the classes of creator and whitesmith are supposed to be mini tanks compared to LK and paladin. as they should be here and yet they are not because they are not used half as much as sinx, champ even GS are used more. the fact is that GS is not a class that needs a boost it is fine as it is. the class that needs to be looked at is creator for a boost. as for your statement about staying on topic the topic is whether or not GS should get a boost and in order to decide that it has to be compared to other classes and the boost that they get compared to the class in question.

Creator is definitely one of the weakest classes on this server. Heck even supernovices deal more damage and survive a LOT more. Creator's matk is utterly low which makes their bolts weak and easy to outygg. Their only ranged attack can be reduced to nothing with the use one only 1 card which is defaulted by everyone. Aka ghostring. Breaking weapons/armors, with these rates everyone can do that. There's cards that enable that which proc more often than AD even. Aside from that lets face it, every single person on here can get fcp and the power of creator is supposed to be OUTLASTING this fcp and winning in the end. Also they have EWL level 10.. yes. DUUUUUH it's a merchant class, they are supposed to be the ONLY class with enlarge weight limit. Not all other classes as well. As stated before the cart is not a legit arguement as it's utterly useless with @storage around.

Also lets not forget that AI's do not work properly on this server and homunculus are utterly weak. Therefore the only useful homunculus is Lif. this is a downside not an advantage. Homunculus are supposed to be a HUGE contribution to the creator. Mainly in damage, both Vanilmirth and lif on official nearly do the same damage as a player. I'm not asking for that now am I ? No cause I know that would be OP. But adding more hp to creator is OP ? don't make me laugh. I know you play a Assassin cross which has a rediculous amount of HP on this server, keep in mind that the merchant class is supposed to have MORE HP than an assassin. Hell being on par with assassin would do already. This while assassins on here easily reach above 300k. A merchant needs to stack up a huge amount of vit to get to 200k. This is what we call imbalanced.

HP boost is definitely what they need. They are supposed to be a tanking class that can carry WAY more than any other class yet have the lowest hp on the server and have equal weight carrying with everyone else due to all classes getting this enlarge weight limit skill. Boosting their HP would not make them OP at all as their damage would remain crap as it is.

To conclude creators are pretty much the weakest class on this server. Low health, low damage, variation of skills that can all get nerfed by using 1-2 cards which makes them utterly useless in regular pvp fights. Creators are SUPPOSED to have higher weight limit and better HP calculation. That's how they were made in the first place. And it's easy to kill them as their damage output is insanely low you can outdamage them, outlast them. And at the moment with their utterly low HP you can even easily burst them down in one go.

Either way I've given my opinion on this suggestion. So -1 from me.

Fun to read. Since you KNOW me quite well. I am not playing Assassin only for WoE, and that's just last mins to break a castle after being ecalled. I do not think you get the point of all I wrote down on a previous post relating to Creators, nonetheless you make this suggestion off-topic. Creators have all shit combined, what other's dont. I cant use @storage at events like LMS, I can't get fcp without using ANOTHER CLIENT, which makes me vulnerable while handling 2 characters at the same time. I CANT do MATK and Ranged Damage at the same time. Yet, it's true that Homunculus are a bit useless, unless you get to use the Lif to escape. Which isnt bad at all. That means other players have to use Speed Pots to escape as fast or have a skill, but we cant blame them for having it. And this topic is directed to GS. If you wish to boost the Creator's please open another suggestion and we'll see it from another point, but if you keep arguing on Creator we wont even back your opinion, cause it's not the topic. The variation makes them strong, not the certain dmg. When you face a Creator, they are surprisingly, I can see a lot of Creators doing fine. That is the point, they have many things combined, unlike many other classes, and that's the biggest advantage. And I cant recall that Professors have that much HP too.

So, I recommend create another suggestion if you really think it needs a boost. You might get your result, you might not. But that's really another topic.

Let's get back to GS and EWL, my opinion hasnt changed, although it's true they have a good amount of dmg, but running out fast of supplies. But if the most people dont agree, I cant change it. It's yet the community to decide, whether or not.

the reason that the balance here is not the same as on officials is because of the number of changes that the server has. also if you actually look at a creator they have high INT not str so mammo is useless as fuck. the cart revo would push people out of pneuma but all that takes is an RSX and with 2 raydric and gtb a creator is made powerless. as for GS they have a ranged attack and a close range attack as well as their ability to only need 1 stat for damage on top of their ability to change their attacking element it makes them far stronger than creator. as for your argument on a sinx needing to get close, you're a moron if you don't use cloak to get close to a person that's just the way the class is played. the classes of creator and whitesmith are supposed to be mini tanks compared to LK and paladin. as they should be here and yet they are not because they are not used half as much as sinx, champ even GS are used more. the fact is that GS is not a class that needs a boost it is fine as it is. the class that needs to be looked at is creator for a boost. as for your statement about staying on topic the topic is whether or not GS should get a boost and in order to decide that it has to be compared to other classes and the boost that they get compared to the class in question.

Nah, but then again, comparing to the 'weakest class' which isnt the weakest isn't right. There are much more useless classes than Creator, seriously. And zergling has said it, we can't compare it like on official ragnarok servers, we are customized. So, we have to find a way to make them all competitive.

I mean how can a Sniper win vs a LK, or a GS vs a LK? Lord Knights can carry easily 500-600 Seeds with the old belts, with the new ones even more. So, LK is one of the strongest class here and in comparison to it, GS cant do that much against LKs. IMO, I cant see GS killing people in events anymore as it used to be. Only during WoE due to the AoE effect of Desperado, but do they kill people with Rapid Shower? Rarely. It's weaker than Double Strafe. And do you see Snipers maining DS? I dont see many, it's just a help at times, but we all main FAS. So, Desperado... but if you cant get near them what is left to do?

Creator vs Gunslinger. IMO, properly played Creators will win vs a properly played GS. If you think about it there are many ways to beat them... If it's a fair 1v1 on a LMS map. You'll see. And that's what we should keep in mind. In a fair (although it's not always fair) battle, GS have many disadvantages compared to Creators.

Edited by Levis

And I am done with arguing about Creators if they are weak or strong or whatever. We are here to discuss if it's reasonable for GS to have EWL added to it's ONLY Valkyrie Weapon. And as you can see I emphasized on the only, because they could have much more variations, but we unluckily have only one type of a weapon for them, valkyrie weapon wise.

The question is always, does it need it or not, in order to be competitive in battles. And as for me, yes it needs it, because of lacking supplies, all the dmg you can do is not worth if you run out fast in a battle and can't carry enough of gears and putting more str will result in a drastically loss of HP. And they dont have that much of HP.

irrelevant creator discussion. once again, keep to the topic. and creators are VERY strong in right hands. If you want to boost them make a topic where everyone can discuss it. And you only mention the strongest classes when refering to some point. Sinx has high HP cus they do not have any damaging ranged attacks so they need to get close to the target, losing HP. Lif = unlimited speed potion. i dont think it can be a disadvantage. they got enough hp to survive asuras. they do not even need fsolds as their ranged attack is not affected by stone curse. they can easily wear sacreds. they have magic + ranged + pushing attacks + mammonite to ignore pneuma. learn to use creator before posting stuff like that. And refering to classic RO scheme such as "merchants are supposed to have more hp then assasin" is just irrelevant. balance is totally different in Fro, u kno?

If it's so irrelevant , then why do you keep going on about it. Your entire post is irrelevant then. The whole discussion is NOT irrelevant because as stated numerous times (read below)

as for your statement about staying on topic the topic is whether or not GS should get a boost and in order to decide that it has to be compared to other classes and the boost that they get compared to the class in question.

You are are suggesting a BUFF to a class. in order to see if the class needs the BUFF you compare it to other classes and see how it influences them. Aside from that you are suggesting a skill from the MERCHANT class to be put into a weapon from a different class. Therefore the merchant class is highly involved in this discussion. I call it common sense, not irrelevant. Also Rad1x. I know how to play creator. Don't go that way please, it's pathetic. Oh btw. Good luck mamo-ing and pushing people away without a fsoldier. That'll do you much good.

The question is always, does it need it or not, in order to be competitive in battles. And as for me, yes it needs it, because of lacking supplies, all the dmg you can do is not worth if you run out fast in a battle and can't carry enough of gears and putting more str will result in a drastically loss of HP. And they dont have that much of HP.

I rofl'd so hard. Sorry, but you complain about having to put in str while you argue creators have a ranged skill, magic and MELEE <--- MARK MELEE. with only the ranged skill and the magic creators can't do shit hence why they are FORCED to get a ton of str to do melee damage as well and to be able to carry stuff. Why would a creator have to do that while ALL other classes don't ? Just the fact that you need to add str is not a valid arguement unless you accept the fact that other classes need to do the exact same thing and should therefore be changed as well. And with this "drastic" loss of HP gunslingers get they still manage to have more hp than creators.. fun.

Since you guys are scared to argue any further about it and keep on jabbering about how irrelevant it is I won't bring up any more arguements regarding the creator class. I'll just state my bottom line :

I do not agree with this suggestion as gunslingers are supposed to be glass cannons. their damage is insanely high, their HP is WAY too high for glass cannon class and the one and only weakness they still have is their weight limit. Increasing that will make them quite OP and there's other classes that need buffs WAY more than the already slightly OP gunslinger class.

• Like 2