[GM]Relinquish

Floating Rates, Increased Thanatos Card Drop Rate, New Quests, More!

If 100 people are buying and selling, the economy is much stronger than if 10 are buying and selling. Its a maximum of 1.4%, its not like its at 100%.

Posted Image

100% correct. The more people buying and selling means a better and stronger economy.

I can understand Mr. Masochist point of view. He might be refering to the economic sense of: Increasing amount of something results in less demand. Less demand will let prices fall. And also there will be a point where people are satisfied. And in the long term, we'd have too many of them. Our server has been up for nearly 5 years. To give you a concrete example: Colored Emperiums and Rucksacks from the Castles are dropping in prices, not just caused by Skull Aurora and all others, but because in average everyone has 1 or more of them. This is my point of view. And I do think 1.4% is too high. Yet this is just my opinion. PM me for any further explanations. I didnt want to fill this topic with another topic inside. =]

Boosting the rating will promote trade. Trade leads to a healthier economy... If you have an elite few with certain items that don't trade then it hurts the economy. At the moment we have that. An elite few old players hoarding their thanatos cards and never trading them. As more thanatos cards come into the market people will be trading more. It is true that the card itself will drop in value but I feel it's worth it to promote trade. 10K+ token value on a single card seems a big ridiculous to me to begin with.

I personally don't give a shit if my thanatos card goes to 1k token value if it means people are actually online and trading items more often.

PM me for any further explanation and economic theory discussions!

TLDR: Good update guys!

Edited by Xtopher
  • Like 2

Q .

1. Does @noks command still working if i warp to other map then get back to the same map within 10 sec?

2. Can i have a preview for the usakoring hat? :O

Thanks!

P.s : sxc updates. >:3

1. That might work but I wouldn't risk it. You have 10 seconds where the mob is "yours," After that point another person can attack it.

2. You can view it in the playroom (item id 16883). Its actually pretty nice!

1. That might work but I wouldn't risk it. You have 10 seconds where the mob is "yours," After that point another person can attack it.

I see. Thx.

& Yep, it's so kewl. *-*

Oh so basically you only have 10 seconds to kill the thana before any other player could attack it?

Cons:

1.Most of MVP cards are down to 10 tokens atm. MVP cards wont cost anything after this patch. So MVP hunting will not bring any profit. -1 source of income for players.

2. Around 30 thanatos cards will drop every year from now on. But people who have tokens wont buy them as they gonna sell extra thanas that they have at the moment, accumulating more tokens. Eventually every player will get a thanatos card as more veteran players leave this server then newcomers join. And there are less then 30 newcomers each year for sure so everyone gonna get his very own thana. This is going to be the only way to get tokens on this server after this update.

3. Castle drops will become even cheaper. Back in days people WOEd to get an Emp that cost 2k tokens. But this trick wont work with item that costs less then 100 tokens. Imps wont stay stable for long. So people will not attend to WOEs. And -1 source of income also.

4. Farming is the only source of income that would be left for new players. But market is overflooded with usables as well. And note that frigg is down to 400-450 tokens now. 2 fshields cost 200. and only 200 tokens for all those things that you have to hunt for like a week(however hunting EoF may take even longer)? So farmers can barely make tokens too.

5. PVP ladder is dominated by groups of veterans. it is not a source of income for new players for sure.

Pros:

1.Server will get more donations as not so many people can camp thana for weeks. This means FRO never dies... but it looks more like a zombie at the moment though.

I still can't find Kelly...What are you considering a Major City(ForsakenCity?)? I have been looking for her all over the pace for her...Can we have another clue or something please? Like does the map have non aggressive mobs or aggressive mobs or is it an even or odd number field somthing? Thank you 8D

Edited by C_Taylor

No, you have all the time to kill it, but if you don't attack it for 10 sec. It will be open to others for attacking. You lose your mob.

does 1.4% also includes the thana summoning scroll?

yup