wazzap_mr

Suggestions

OK since i've been playing for a while in the server i would like to add some suggestion

• making the alootid command autoloot various of items ---- it is hassle [well in my part] to autoloot all items then drop the unwanted loots or the other way to loot the stuffs you want by stuffing your inventory with backpacks and rocker glasses o.o.. i guess if this would be implemented it would be a lot easier for new players in the future :>

Edit: OK i just saw the rejected suggestions regarding this suggestion but you could at least put this to consideration since it really is a hassle dropping the items you don't need and as we know farming characters are wizards which has only a small amount of weight in them

• receiving activity tokens even when changing characters ---- Well i am online for like whole day or half day but all i receive is around 1 - 2 activity tokens because i always change characters..

• having a board for the GM team ---- well it will work like this.. the board has all the names of the present GM team.. when a GM is on like for example

----------GM team----------

[GM]****** online

[GM]****** offline

[GM]****** offline

this would be useful when a new player needs help and ask questions

they could just click the board and look for a GM who is currently ON

• I also want to suggest that no pubs would be made near the healer, warper, and the forsaken kafra ---- nothing much of a suggestion only that the pubs blocks the NPCs...

i suggest this format

x = being the NPC

- = being the cells

-------

---x---

-------

that way it wont be blocked...

I accept your opinions but please refrain from flaming

Edited by wazzap_mr

I wish alootid can aloot about 5 differnt items too... unfortunately GM's here keep rejecting it :(

I like your idea of having a board that will show the status of a GM whether his ON or not.. this would really be a great help to everyone specially for those who are just starting out, just for them to be guided.. :D

This suggestion got rejected already click on this link http://www.forsaken-...showtopic=19167

the suggestion i made is not a command but a board that shows the actual GMs

if this would make the main town crowded they could put it on the GM spot.. at least when this board is implemented we won't guess whether there is a GM online

:>

About the pubs blocking the npc, there was a rule but i guess nobody is respecting that one anymore.

The GM board is the same idea as the @whogm command I suggested a year ago, I'm not aganist it but I don't think they will agree no matter what, the idea got more cons than pros.

Suggestion 1: The Autoloot thingie, this got already rejected.

Sugggestion 2: I will quote you my reasons of disagree, this was quoted from the Suggestion "@whogm".

"I disagree with this suggestion. Reasons for this being :

1: It increases the possibility of cheating during ladder.

2: This command can actually support bots.

3: We already have 3 possible ways of contacting gms. (Support zone, @request, forums)

I agree that the cons overweight the pro's in this suggestion. "

Suggestion 3: I am agree with this one, chats should be up in the middle of the main street of Fcity and make sure not to block any Npc. If you want to afk, you can do it in the left or right side of the city w/o having to block the NPCs. This will be pretty good for newbies to find the Npcs easier.

Edited by Dudu

^

no i think you got the wrong idea it is a "board" an example of an image relevant to this is :

Posted Image

you simply click it no commands no nothing just click to see if a GM is around

+ I want to add something

I have already noticed bots in game so i guess even when a GM is around they are freely doing their evil doings :<

I can say that this would be good [base on experience].. not everyone playing goes in the forum to ask something

but then again if my point is still not enough you can just discard the suggestion

Edited by wazzap_mr

As you may know, we reject the multi-@ali command. There's the full-inventory technique to get multiple items from the same map.

As for the GM board, while I see it's worth, I agree with Dudu on all three of his points. 1) This is a major aid to ladder cheaters. They'd be able to look at the board and see GM's online. 2) It WOULD help bots whether it's a board or not. The bot's creator could easily check the board before he starts botting. 3) There are many ways to contact a GM. Even more than before: @request, whispers, pm on forum, msn, ticket system, email, go to the GM Headquarters in-game, etc. If a GM isn't at any of those, then we aren't online.

As for bots, I do try my best to catch any I find, but it's literally impossible to catch every single bot or catch them the second they pop up. A way you could help us narrow our searches is by simply leaving one of a pm or a ticket with a list of maps you see them on.

As for chat rooms near npc's: That's already against the rules. I'll personally do my best to move people who sit near them.

Actually i remembered the GM saying before that no chat boxes were to be set up around any npc or they would be disconnected. i don't know what happened to that rule.

Edit*

But i do agree on the suggestions on the activity tokens. as i am online just as much but i don't any from changing characters so frequently

Edited by Deathina

I like all of the ideas.

Concerning the blocked npcs and the GM-list:

It is possible to script both of them. I even should have scripts for both of those issues lying around somewhere on my HDD if you are interested.

The GM-board even has an option to disable it for certain GMs so that botters can't be 100% sure whether no GM is online or whether they just don't want to be seen.

There IS a way to make it so that cells on a map around an NPC deny the ability to make a chat box... But that would require source editting. I could just make cells around an NPC unwalkable all together.... But that would be an inconvenience to people walking around or trying to reach the npc.

And Len your idea for the GM Board, while that solves the problem for botters and cheaters, it completely defeats the purpose behind it. The purpose for this board would be to let players know if a GM is online or not. If we could disable the board then, regular players too would have no idea if a GM is really online or not. So, why have it if we could disable it.

It actually gives every GM the possibility to disable his/her own online-status. That is a useful feeature, because sometimes admins or scriptGMs are busy testing stuff and don't have the time to support players at that moment. So while some GMs remain "offline" others could still be displayed as online.

What you could do, even without source-editing, is defining an area in which which shops / chats are allowed. As far as I remember, scripts can check for opened chats/shops. It would run every few minutes and check for all opened chats/shops whether they are inside that defined area. If not, the player could be teleported with a friendly reminder.

I am terribly sorry but it looks like I have lost all of those scripts. So I can't give you the exact code on how it was achieved back then. :/