Leo `D

Reducing Visual Effect Of Skills

This come to my mind when i see Video on other Ro...

Reducing Visual Effect of skills such as Wizard skills that gives zero vision of a Target.

Its like zero Effect but not totally zero, it will help also in Woe coz all players cast skills all the time.

it would be nice to have this suggestion..

Thank hope it can be done...fell free to comment..

I really don't see the need for this right now.

There are many other things that we should worry about like pending bugs and up coming updates. This sounds like a really time consuming project.

-1;

What if you want to see some effect that disappear in Effect Off

ex.

When Doing Devo, to know if your devo is still attached

Dispelling Sinx on Berserk/Fury

there is still a lot to use... for me I always do Effect On

Sounds like a lot of work to customize things if some people don't want these changes a new client would have to be made or something like that and a new command or /effect would have to be edited(source edit most likely) to be able to do it. Too me it sounds like a lot of work and not worth the effort/time

Edited by Seraphine

Seraphine is right, I'm not saying that your idea is completely useless or that has no meaning, that's not want I intent to do. I am just saying that code wise it would be too much time consuming and at some point we will have to do some source edit to accomplish the use of this new "command" you are suggesting here.

Seraphine is right, I'm not saying that your idea is completely useless or that has no meaning, that's not want I intent to do. I am just saying that code wise it would be too much time consuming and at some point we will have to do some source edit to accomplish the use of this new "command" you are suggesting here.

There are already simple guides to do this yourself... o_o No need for a modified client or any of that. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post links so you'll have to google it.

There are already simple guides to do this yourself... o_o No need for a modified client or any of that. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post links so you'll have to google it.

If its the solution I think you're referring to, you would need a client that reads Data folders which the Forsaken one does not to prevent sprite editing.

If its the solution I think you're referring to, you would need a client that reads Data folders which the Forsaken one does not to prevent sprite editing.

Are the effects saved in a GRF? You could extract them, edit them, then repack it.

They would be in the kRO's grf.

Then it's still possible, it just requires a bit more effort. However as seraphine stated, typing /effect is alot easier to be honest. My version is cool is you want to change the effects of skills though ;)

The suggestion is not bad by any means, but its just that /effect is an easier solution than making the staff go through a lot of work in editing skill sprites xD

Besides skills like desperado aren't affected by skill sprites because the mere damage calculation per target inside the area already makes a lot of lag. And honestly, my only real issues with lag during woe is when a lot of GSs start dancing together xP The rest is quite manageable with /effects alone.