mindsweeper

[Solved]Can't Dual Log?..

I'm assuming you're running windows vista or 7.

Disable UAC settings. Your first client freezes when windows asks for permission to start the second client.

Steps to follow on windows 7 :

1: Click on the windows logo at the bottom left of your screen.

2: Click on control pannel.

3: Click on System and Security

4: At the action centre you see a clickable link saying " Change user account control settings " Click on that.

5: Drag the little bar down to "never notify".

6: You should now no longer get the message to allow the client to run, and it should no longer freeze your first client.

Steps to follow on Windows vista :

1: Open Control Panel.

2: Under User Account and Family settings click on the "Add or remove user account".

3: Click on one of the user accounts(the one you are on right now.)

4: Under the user account click on the "Go to the main User Account page" link.

5: Under "Make changes to your user account" click on the "Change security settings" link.

6: In the "Turn on User Account Control (UAC) to make your computer more secure" click to unselect the "Use User Account Control (UAC) to help protect your computer" checkbox. Click on the Ok button.

7: You will be prompted to reboot your computer. Do so when ready.

Do note that changing this lowers the security of your computer by allowing programs to run without manual confirmation. You can always enable the uac settings again the same way you disabled them.

Let me know if this worked for you,

Regards,

Ryuk.

• Like 1

There's not a lot of easy work-arounds for this problem. However, have you tried running the client through the normal Fkenro.exe instead of the patcher ? It shouldn't ask permissions if you start it with the regular client.

yes I tried that, seems to be the client freezes whenever it asks permission to ANY applications.. I am always running it as administrator since the screenshots will not be saved if I didn't do that..

btw forgot to thank you for helping! :D

I have microsoft 7, n d short way to open multiple clients is open the patchers at the same time.

Meaning while d other 1 is patching, open d other 1 but dont start the first patch yet. Wait for those 2 patches to patch den ur good to go. Works all the time for me :)

yes I tried that, seems to be the client freezes whenever it asks permission to ANY applications.. I am always running it as administrator since the screenshots will not be saved if I didn't do that..

btw forgot to thank you for helping! :D

Yes it's the prompt box that freezes your client. However when running the "normal" client and not the patcher you should NOT get the permission promt at all, and should be able to dual client normally. Does this work for you or not ? o.o

I have microsoft 7, n d short way to open multiple clients is open the patchers at the same time.

Meaning while d other 1 is patching, open d other 1 but dont start the first patch yet. Wait for those 2 patches to patch den ur good to go. Works all the time for me :)

This would work yes, but whenever opening anything that asks permission both clients would freeze.

uhm, I don't know how to quote, how do you do that? LOL

anyway @Ryuk yeah the client doesn't prompt any permission that is why I changed the setting to always run it as administrator, that is why it is prompting every time I open it, for the main reason of when the client was not run in administrator, the screenshots I made will not be saved..

@hazel I'll try it and see if it works for me

Try running the client not in adminitrator mode. Take a screenshot. Go to your screenshot folder and click on the button "Show compatibility files" I'm pretty sure the screenshots will show up then :)

Ps. You can quote by clicking the reply button or by copy-pasting what the other said and put [ quote ] in front of it and [/ quote] behind it. Gotta remove the spaces though :p

Edited by Ryuk

Try running the client not in adminitrator mode. Take a screenshot. Go to your screenshot folder and click on the button "Show compatibility files" I'm pretty sure the screenshots will show up then :)

Ps. You can quote by clicking the reply button or by copy-pasting what the other said and put [ quote ] in front of it and [/ quote] behind it. Gotta remove the spaces though :p

woot my first try! :D

yeah it worked! it showed the screenshot even when not running it in administrator mode.. and also I noticed that the client that I run on administrator mode "STILL" freezes even though I opened the second client without running it as administrator mode..

I tried it and it worked, but I'll gonna have to exit the first client before could dual log.. activity tokens will be wasted.. lol :D

it worked!

but makes me insecure whenever I change that settings, so does it mean I must change it every now and then? can't it be fixed?

Basically from the very same moment I got my Windows 7 I turned those notifications completely Off and nothing has happened to me for years by now. Plus if you have a nice antivirus I don't think you will have to worry about anything.

Plus I see it this way, if I am installing anything and it prompted me with that notification I would always hit yes no matter what because if I am installing something it is because I want it to use it, and I hate when someone else tries to forbid me from using my computer to its full capacity and "this is my point of view" what if I break it or corrupt or damage some windows files it was my fault there are back ups for some reason :D.

If you run the Fkenro.exe, I don't think it should pop up a permissions window; for me it doesn't. But if it does, close all FRO windows and run the patcher twice so that the permission pops up and doesn't freeze any already open windows. If you plan on only using one client until later, do what I do: open two patchers, run one, and just leave the other one there til you need it; it won't freeze the other client when you need it, and it doesn't take up much memory, either.

Edited by Martin

yeah it worked! it showed the screenshot even when not running it in administrator mode.. and also I noticed that the client that I run on administrator mode "STILL" freezes even though I opened the second client without running it as administrator mode..

Congrats on your first-made quote ! XD. Also, if you run both clients with the normal Fkenro.exe, both without administrator rights. None would ask for permission and no client would freeze o.o .

If you run the Fkenro.exe, I don't think it should pop up a permissions window; for me it doesn't. But if it does, close all FRO windows and run the patcher twice so that the permission pops up and doesn't freeze any already open windows. If you plan on only using one client until later, do what I do: open two patchers, run one, and just leave the other one there til you need it; it won't freeze the other client when you need it, and it doesn't take up much memory, either.

if you read my previous post, I set it to run as administrator so that my screenshot issues will be solved, since I cannot see it on the screenshot folder..

Congrats on your first-made quote ! XD. Also, if you run both clients with the normal Fkenro.exe, both without administrator rights. None would ask for permission and no client would freeze o.o .

thx.. It's fun! LOL! anyway I think the issue is solved now, but even though it is not run as admin, when a permission prompts (any app) it still freezes.. so both my dual logs will freeze.. but I can still dual log I'll just have to be careful of permission prompts..

anyway I hope the issue of client that freezes will be solved.. :D

if you read my previous post, I set it to run as administrator so that my screenshot issues will be solved, since I cannot see it on the screenshot folder..

Yes... Hence why I gave you a fix so you dont have to run it as administrator anymore and can still take/see the screenshots. ^^;

thx.. It's fun! LOL! anyway I think the issue is solved now, but even though it is not run as admin, when a permission prompts (any app) it still freezes.. so both my dual logs will freeze.. but I can still dual log I'll just have to be careful of permission prompts..

True any permission prompt will freeze the clients. Only way to solve that is by turning off the UAC settings. As described in my first post in this topic.

yes that solves the topic about dual log.. but another issue is about the client that freezes everytime a permission prompts was concluded..

I think you could close the topic now :D

thx for the reply and help!