Detain

Valkyrie Classes

I know this would be source editing but it is worth a shot.

My idea is to have valkyrie classes which would add more skills, stats, and options for equipment [items that require certain classes],

it would be unlock able by a quest and this works well because the storyline is Fate Of Gods so it's like becoming a god in the end.

Also there is a lot of valkyrie equipment already lke weapons, helms, and friggs shield so it would fit in with this too.

Also it would be sub classes so lets say you have a priest, you wanted to have a valkyrie class so, Valkyrie Priest would be you're 3rd class. Valkyrie classes would be a boost to enhance the experience of gameplay which would make it a challenge for players.

The quest would layout as collecting items and giving them to an NPC so you can job advance.

This would be a lot of work but it WILL be worth it and players will have something fresh and new because I see some players are getting bored of the server as it is [not me though :D] but this would be fun for players.

Thanks for reading.

Because ForsakenRO doesn't utilize 3rd classes, the server only uses the sprites though.

The server doesn't utilize 3rd classes because there has not been a stable release of them yet. We dont want to bring in a bugged new update. Implementing something like this takes coding far beyond little source edits. Therefore I can pretty much assure you this won't happen.

Besides the possiblity of adding it. I also disagree with it because I always like to stay close to the roots of RO. But that's just my opinion.

Omg that would be awesome Gen!!!!

Yes, that could be possible. Yet I highly disagree with doing that. You pick a class for a reason. I think adding enlarge weight limit to each class already imbalanced things. I really would not like to see any more of those changes. But that's just me I guess.
  • Like 1

Yes, that could be possible. Yet I highly disagree with doing that. You pick a class for a reason. I think adding enlarge weight limit to each class already imbalanced things. I really would not like to see any more of those changes. But that's just me I guess.

what he said.

We can make it so a quest gives you certain skills outside your job.

That could also work.

I disagree with this. I played a server with a 'subclass' system and it was the most unbalanced thing ever. The combinations of specific skills with each other was chaotic in PVP.

cough....

I remember coding a npc for that and even putting it on the forums. People raged :P

It would be a cool addition depending on what skills you get, and it gives you more to play for and would attract alot of new players to this server.

It'd be best if you'd suggest specific skills for specific classes, etc. Otherwise this suggestion is too vague to really discuss. The idea itself is interesting, especially since almost every other MMO has similar systems. However, as people have already said, it's very risky and could easily be overpowered and problematic.

Sometimes I feel like if you start adding too many customizations to the game, it starts changing from just a high rate server to another game completely different from the original RO. All standard rules of gameplay are thrown out the door.

I want to stress that this makes it nearly impossible for new players to establish themselves in the server since common conventions no longer exist. I've dabbled in different servers before when I was trying to test out third classes but I found a lot of servers that had different customizations to the classes and the general code of RO changed. It was so unattractive for me to really develop a character there since I basicially had to relearn everything about the game according to their rules. Skills were completely different, cards were all customized so nothing was the same. It was a nightmare to say he least.

I say, if you are really trying to make this server newbie friendly, you'll reject this suggestion - no matter how little or big the change is. I really honestly believe this is not a smart move. Sure, current players will be able to adjust, but if think about if you were new. This server already has a lot of custom equipment, do we really need to change up the skills our classes get.

So, something like a step up from the elite quests. This would be an interesting way to continue the story line.

Require that they be forsaken elite. Do the valk quest and become a forsaken valkyrie? I know valkyries are supposed to be female but its just an idea. The quest could do something like what we currently have... maybe give class specific valkyrie helmet? Since the forsaken elite quest doesn't give a valkyrie helmet. These class specific helmets could give special benefits/skills.

I'll throw some ideas out.

Valhalla Helmet[2]

Str+ 10 Luk+ 10 ASPD+10

[+Forsaken King's Cloak, Armor, Boots Immunity to freeze, all stats+ 10 Max HP+ 5%]

Lord Knight: Str/Dex+ 5

Paladin: Vit+ 10

High Priest: Int/Vit+ 5

Champion: Str/Dex+ 5

Assassin Cross: Str/Agi+ 5

Stalker: Dex/Vit+ 5

Professor: Int/Vit+ 5

High Wizard: Int+ 10

Creator: Int/Dex+ 5

Whitesmith: Str+ 10

Ninja: Vit/Int+ 5

Taekwon: Str/Agi+ 5

Star Gladiator: Str+ 10

Soul Linker: Int/Vit+ 5

Gunslinger: Dex+ 10

Super Novice: All stats+ 2

Skills could be added. Let me know what you think.

Edited by Xtopher

The suggested helmet would completely destroy the current golden valk helmet and imps. So I disagree with those.

Aside from the above post I've already stated I highly disagree with customizing the way suggested.

The suggested helmet would completely destroy the current golden valk helmet and imps. So I disagree with those.

Aside from the above post I've already stated I highly disagree with customizing the way suggested.

Hmm, not really. Imps and GvH are still better all around helmets. The above suggestion is a class specific helmet that isn't color customizable. Much like the elite armors you would only be able to use them on the specified class. GvH and Imp can go across classes and come in many colors. The economy of them wouldn't be destroyed in my opinion. Also, you could require the quest to take one or two GvH to make a Valhalla helmet, keeping demand up much like Friggs uses Forsaken King shield.

Edited by Xtopher

Hmm, not really. Imps and GvH are still better all around helmets. The above suggestion is a class specific helmet that isn't color customizable. Much like the elite armors you would only be able to use them on the specified class. GvH and Imp can go across classes and come in many colors. The economy of them wouldn't be destroyed in my opinion. Also, you could require the quest to take one or two GvH to make a Valhalla helmet, keeping demand up much like Friggs uses Forsaken King shield.

Any smart person would pick such a helmet over a gvh or IMP. Cause it would be better for the class they play/main. You will be forcing people to give up their color helmets to get a better helmet but with an set color. Making a gvh needed for the quest might keep the gvh helmets wanted. But all imps would degrade in price greatly. Honestly I just dont think we need even better forsaken helms than we already have x.x;

Guest lolensue

Any smart person would pick such a helmet over a gvh or IMP. Cause it would be better for the class they play/main. You will be forcing people to give up their color helmets to get a better helmet but with an set color. Making a gvh needed for the quest might keep the gvh helmets wanted. But all imps would degrade in price greatly. Honestly I just dont think we need even better forsaken helms than we already have x.x;

strongly agree on this.

and please lets stick to the skills on what our classes have, there is a reason why we pick a class. lets not place chaos on our server :)

I disagree on this one. The only skill I liked that others could gain through items is the added weight limit, other than that, it might destroy the balance.