Wish

Storyline Quest

Most of those who had the shield already actually did search for some, if not most of the NPCs, and it's only fair that the ones who got the information from the leaked source are to search for it themselves. When they did change the locations, I still needed to make a shield so I looked for the moved ones as well.

They're very possible to locate, the quest wasn't supposed to be easy, as they say. 1 NPC took me 6 hours to find, the others are more obvious, all you need is a clue about what kind of NPC you're looking for and pull up a resource (RMS Map Database, for starters) and pick a map in which you have a hunch.

From someone who re-finished the quest after the moving of NPCs, it's fair for even the new people, so don't worry. There's one thing you have to figure out about this server, out of all of them, but that's alright, since, after all, you're playing a very customized server with a lot of things new, so it's really only fair if they put one in there. ;)

GM, where could the Friggs quest be done?

Hi! Welcome back to fRO. Frigg's King Shield Quest, you must find Baldur and begin your journey. No one will tell you how to make it and such, this quest suppose to be hard. It can take you some time. Asking people or using leaked information about this can get you punished. You can't also make any guides about this or related to this for anyone if you do find out how to make it.

I haven't been playing in very long, and Wish, I am sorry to hear about this. I have a suggestion to add with changing the coords of the npcs. Idk if this is possible, but say like if ONE person found the npc, have the npc warp some where else. Like I said I don't know if this coding is possible, but it may lead to a solution (:

...Asking people or using leaked information about this can get you punished...

I know there's not really a fool-proof solution to this, but it's difficult to deny that this consequence is at the mercy of the honor system. Personally, if/when I do find the NPCs I'll wish to uphold the virtue of the quest and the work put into it despite the thought that it may have been easier for others...

Edited by Meka Meka

@nnnituj. They've already relocated the leaked guide information of the old oaths location that someone had posted on a website.

@Meka. Well, I didn't mean it that way. I meant what Wish had stated.

"no details about the quest be spread or posted in public places."

The one spreading this information will be banned.

I meant like, have the npc warp whenever someone uses it that way it won't be at the same spot

Thats a good idea. Ive seen it done on other servers. It should work, no?

wow, this is all pretty over the top locking down for just a 2-d item

just take away their shields and be done, relocate the npcs or lock off the first or last npc periodically.

but im quite sure this has stopped anyways? :S even so i'd tend to agree with the latter people involved in this conversation.

not everyone has infinite time to go treasure hunting, though an actual step by step guide is over the top.

word of mouth from friends or so should not be so heavily frowned upon..geeze this isnt Voldemort we're all talking about lol.

some of us have heavy things to do in the real world and don't have as much time to just wander about aimlessly or spend the next 6 months trying to make an item other rich people buy tons of in a matter of days or weeks.

i'm not saying allow some guide to circulate, but relax a bit with the banhammer and stuff. people are on this server to enjoy it too

@nnnitsuj It is possible, but that would inevitably make them more difficult to find than merely moving some of the NPCs. Some are still in the same spots because I honestly couldn't bear to move them since I liked the spots too much. If this happens again, though, it is an idea that we could consider.

@Masahiro It's not just over the item. It was about the blatant disrespect, especially when we talked to the person who did it and asked them to remove the information.

@Everyone Since this is in the past and the originator is gone, I'll be closing this topic. Thank you all, and please continue to support ForsakenRO. :)