Ami

Philippine Woe Suggestion

i've been thinking lately about the WOE in this server, and as long as i continue to play with it, it seems that the Filipino population of this server is growing. i thought that this server has more Filipino players in it.

So, i would like to suggest, as a Pinoy, to have a Philippine WOE if its possible but I know that it would cause some problems of the time consumed by the other WOE. Ahmm well, its just a suggestion and i think it might give a little help and fun to the server.

Thank You. :)

No. Even if the population of Filipino players is high, it is still not right to give them their "own" time in WOE. I am not being stereotypical but, I have seen, met and fought with most filipino guys in here from the old times until now. And guys you have to admit, some of those guys got really awful attitudes. either cursing you in their native language after you killed them, or cursing you in their native language after they killed you.

that is not my reason for my disagreement though but partly it is. this are my reasons.

1. The time of the other WOE is reasonable enough. I think euro is 10pm and american is 8am. (correct me if I am wrong)

2. We do not need one more time and one more castle to open just for one part of the community

3. Connected with my answer on number 2, it will monopolize the drops on THAT day. Filipino players would do anything to gain anything, it is either a bad or good thing(i believe most cases of scams came from Philippines, just cannot find the link of where it was said since it was an old topic). Either Filipino Guilds would make a pact with each other to pass the castle every other time or something else, I do not know. But I do know this happened in 3 servers I have been to.

4. Connected with number 2 answer again, we got enough castles for our population. more castles= less competition

I can think more but I have to sleep since i got exams. Before you bash me on my comments, I am a half-filipino. I have seen you guys play here and seen how you interact. Only a few can be considered well mannered in an international community.

Off topic, I have seen a few guys from the 2 or 3 guilds that holds the castle nowadays that are filipino talking in their native tongue, talking how they will ditch the guild they are in after they get the drops. These are the people we would be giving their own woe time. I am not being racist or stereotypical, I just say what I see.

From what I understand the Philippines are 12 hours ahead of North American Eastern time...

So for American WOE they would have to get on at 8am on Thursday and Sunday (because it starts at 8pm in US eastern)

For European WOE they would have to get on at 10pm Saturday and 2AM Tuesday (because it starts at 10am & 2pm US eastern)

Obviously getting on at 2AM during a week day is out of the question... But I feel the 10pm WOE time for them is very do-able and so is the 8AM for a lot of players (depending on when school/work starts). So they should be able to at least make the one European WOE and Sunday's American WOE at 8am... some can probably make the Thursday morning WOE at 8am as well.

Because of this I don't think another day should be implemented.

ps: I adjusted the WOE days to the days/times it would fall in if you were in the Philippines.... please correct me if I'm wrong.

We shouldn't say Philippine WoE, but rather Asian WoE, since there isn't much time difference in Asia. There are quite a few Asians playing in the server, and them being able to only participate in only 2 WoE / week (assuming that they're willing to sacrifice sleep and wake up at 8am during a SUNDAY) gives them a handicap to get drops from the guild leaders.

There are quite a few European players in the server, and they're been given an equal chance to participate in WoE. So why not Asians?

If a new woe day is really out of the question, why not just adjust US WoE to cater to Asians as well? Instead of 8pm server time, why not make it at 11pm or 12am server time? I mean, most American players are still up during those times. So delaying WoE for a few more hours wouldn't really hurt. And a later U.S. WoE can encourage more Asians to play the server.

Just rename the server into PhillippineRO Private Server.

LOL

We have enought woes

"Asia, Europe, American" ... we need an african to have at least all Contients xD

i Disagree!

If anything, since as you guys say we have too many WoEs already, is to change the time of Euro to be more fitting to that of "asian" players. Things change, the community changes, and if the populace's view on the current time for Euro (which was previously voted upon by us) is seen to be unfit, then change should occur. But if and only if.

as i recall when they where picking a new euro woe time they gave a list that was good for american players/euro/asian

the times where fine with everyone

and the majority voted for this time.

and i know tons of filipino players who play euro and who play american

@Xtopher, those times are correct. The times do adjust though, when DST ends, it becomes 9AM for both American WoEs, 11PM for Friday Euro and 3AM for Monday Euro.

For my take on this, Anarii pretty much summed it up. We absolutely do not need another normal WoE day. 4 is good already. Looking at it one way, guys, ForsakenRO is a US-based server. However, the staff, along with the community have worked together in making another kind of WoE for the rest of the people who are not in the immediate server time zone. May we remind you that Euro was supposed to be a "Eurasian" WoE. However, adjusting with the community may be one way, but not another WoE time slot, please.

No one is bashing on Asians. In fact, they've always been considered (why did the Friday WoE become 10PM then, when it could've been solely catered for Europeans.) But the times would never be perfect in the sense that no one will eventually complain. I'm in the GMT+08 time zone. If I had a normal schedule, I would always miss Wednesday WoE and barely make Monday Euro WoE. But making 2 WoEs, pretty good, granted I don't even live near the server I chose to play on.

Lets consider some European countries. Both American WoEs are 1AM or onwards. They can barely make Friday Euro WoE, if they have school (and it should be still under working hours.) So with that assumption, they can only make Monday Euro WoE. For Americans, both Euro WoEs are weekdays, and within school hours as well, perhaps, in the East coast. In the West coast, it's 7AM, and that's even earlier than 8AM. For Asians who are in GMT+08 (Malaysia, Philippines, Brunei, and other involved countries) it's 8AM on Thursdays and Sundays, one of which is a weekend, so you can definitely go on for that. Friday at 10PM is also a good time, it's the end of the week, and it also enables some Eastern European / South Asian countries to participate. 2AM may be a bit late, same case with American WoE for some Europeans.

I say we have ample opportunities for every group of players in any given time zone to WoE. To quote Anarii:

If anything, since as you guys say we have too many WoEs already, is to change the time of Euro to be more fitting to that of "asian" players. Things change, the community changes, and if the populace's view on the current time for Euro (which was previously voted upon by us) is seen to be unfit, then change should occur. But if and only if.

Well, if that what you guys said, but would it be better to change the Euro WOE 2pm to 12pm or 12:30pm so that in our time it would be 12am or 12:30am exactly? cuz some of us has school in the morning.

Well, if that what you guys said, but would it be better to change the Euro WOE 2pm to 12pm or 12:30pm so that in our time it would be 12am or 12:30am exactly? cuz some of us has school in the morning.

...... Current EU players have their woe at 4 pm. Most of them are still at work or class at that time... Making it even earlier is completely out of the question for european players. The time was already mostly decided by asian players during the vote, and this option was the most suitable for them and the least suitable for european players. Yet it still won. Please don't screw up EU WoE even more.. the times are already horrible for real european players.

I would prefer woeing at 10pm my time instead of 4 pm.. so I think the times are okay the way they are right now.

Edited by Shadi

I woe at 10pm too (when I was in singapore) so it isn't a hindrance to be honest. I got school and I got work so the time is enough.

i agree to asian woe.

why? i don't need to explain i just like the idea. since there are some unreleased emperium drops, they should be added :p

The point is, adding more castles and woe times would make drops flow like crazy(it is flowing like crazy even now). not good until we got more players here