Phenomenon

Paladins & Pvp.

Call me old fashion, but I do not like playing "tank" or "reflect" or "devotion" on my Paladin. I personally like to play offensive when I play serious PvP when using my Paladin. I suggest a separate offensive-oriented weapon or some type of boost to the offensive skills which a paladin possess. A weapon with something along the lines like increase Holy Cross damage by 100% to 150% and +20~30 some odd STR. Arguing that Paladins would be over powered or impossible to kill with this suggestion would be preposterous. Paladin's HP modifier is not THAT great as it is right now. Paladins are able to tank and support well because they choose to get 300 vit and wear Vit Belts. If they sacrifice this Vit for Str, they are certainly killable.

I'm just tired of having to hope for some lucky coma or armor strip/break, or having to gang or reflect their damage in order to kill someone 1 on 1. Relying on strip/break and coma is somewhat skill-less in my opinion, and adding some STR and damage to their offensive skills wouldn't hurt in my opinion. :)

EDIT :

I would also like to suggest a questable/donation? Paladin Shield. They have a skill by the name of Shield Chain/Rapid Smiting, which is quite powerful, but pretty much useless in this high rate world, while I do not enjoy the idea of making it element-enchant-able, I would like a specific custom Shield for it, as it's the only skill I believe whose damage is increase based upon the statistics of the users shield. I suggest a shield which increases Shield Chain damage by about 300~500%, or something about those lines, and weights, oh lets say, 250~300 weight? It's always neutral damage mind you, so it's easily countered with ghostring and raydric cards. But seeing as it's Paladin-exclusive, I think it should have SOME usefulness.

Edited by Phenomenon

I suggested something like this but for shield chain and shield skills a while a go but idk what happened.

Yeah pallies are reduced to crap now seeing as coma rate is so low and that was the only way to actually kill.

I agree with this, a close friend of mine plays Paladin, and it's nearly impossible for him to kill anybody without Coma/Strip/ganging. The Shield Chain idea would be awesome, I'd love to see a donateable shield. Maybe the shields could be different elements? If that would even affect Shield Chain Element. Idk.

+1

Agrees Paladin use to be my main intill edge became suckish oh btw is Holy cross a magic skill that can be counter by gtb?

I don't think Holy Cross is considered a magic attack...just holy elemental I believe.

And yeah, donateable shield and another donateable weapon that increases offensive abilities such as grand cross or holy cross!

It would make Pallies a very versatile class.

Edited by Kittie

I agree with all suggestions made except for the donatable shield. The idea is good but 500% is way too much. Basically because shield chain can give status ailments as well. It can coma if you wear a coma weapon , it can freeze , it can break items with whitesmith card. with all those possible things I think 500% is a way too big damage boost.

You can always buy donated items off another player via coupons in game...

Weapons/shields should be kept donation - since the Valkyrie Blessings are donation. It just makes sense, and also contributes towards the server.

Agree but I much prefer to have it as quest item to bring the activeness of players to do quest. I think it will still contributes to the server since players who don't want to do quest will buy it from other player through donation coupons.

The shield you suggested is similar to the Frigg's shield, although Frigg's isn't as powerful. We'll take making it more helpful for paladins into consideration, as well as the weapon effects in future expansion of the Valkyrie's Blessing weapon set.

- Accepted -