Genesis

[ 08.07.2010 ] The Blessing Of The Valkyries

Theres a topic for it made by veracity go double post it there.

Uh...I'm sorry, why does everyone keep calling these donation items? From what I saw on your homepage, it read:

We do our best to offer our players the best RO experience possible, but due to high server hosting costs, we welcome Donations, as a reward for donating you will receive coupons which you can use ingame for various fun and exotic features. We are strong supporters of item balance therefore we have No donation exclusive items Ever!

...Was that a lie? Should I stop downloading the server? Because I can't donate, and that's making pvp really unfair if only donators can get it. It's true, if they're tradable, you can bust an ass and a half to get them, but then is that really fixing the possible lie? Someone still had to donate for them, being Donate exclusive.

Again, this is a question, not an assumption.

That's if anyone is willing to part with a bow as sweet as the one I saw for Sniper, which I doubt. Personally, I'd keep that bow on just to piss people off and strip from a distance, lol. I should likely give up on getting someone to trade that, so the only "Donate exclusive" stuff I'm seeing so far are these weapons, is that REALLY all? I'm not gonna go ingame and someone is gonna be like "I have a Mhadiks Set! I never freeze and get demi human damage on the equip set and has a slot so I can wear Tao + Marc!!!" am I? Lol. Last server I was in, the last highrate anyway, was freaking ridiculous...Donate armors, donate everything...Donate wings, donate headgears, upper, mid, lower, armors, including armor, garment, shoes, shield..It was horrendous..The only thing they didn't have was custom weapons.

P.S. Do you have to finish the Elite Quest to equip these? I'm pretty sure you do.

Edit: Lovely, I can't get in anyway. Try to install the All-In-One and get told, "FOrsakenRO All-In-One has not been totally installed because of the following reason: BGM\03.mp3: This file contains invalid data. (error 21FC) You will have to run this utility again to completely install ForsakenRO All-In-One." Yeah, should probably check the error report section, but god damn, can I get a break from servers breaking before I even get in them? -_-; Same thing, now it says fordata.grf contains invalid data..WHAT THE HELL! Did I get a corrupt download?! Always screws up at C:/Program Files:/...withgm.bmp or something..then it says invalid data in fordata.grf..wtf -_-;

Edited by Kendrid

Hi, there are no donation exclusive weapons. You can get everything you see here ingame. A lot of people donate for these weapons exclusively to trade them to people. With some hard work you will have no trouble obtaining these and any other item you desire. It seems to me like you got a bad installer, try downloading it again (delete and uninstall the old one) and try again. If it continues I'd suggest giving a download manager like flashget (my recommendation) a try, they help prevent corruption. =]

Hi, there are no donation exclusive weapons. You can get everything you see here ingame. A lot of people donate for these weapons exclusively to trade them to people. With some hard work you will have no trouble obtaining these and any other item you desire. It seems to me like you got a bad installer, try downloading it again (delete and uninstall the old one) and try again. If it continues I'd suggest giving a download manager like flashget (my recommendation) a try, they help prevent corruption. =]

Thank you very much for the supportive advice, it's great to see a supportive and active Administrator. :biggrin:

ALRIGHT!!! WOOO, GO GENESIS!! FLASHGET DID IT, FIXED IT, GOT IT. Time for some fRO like all those years ago. XD

Edited by Kendrid

fixes.png

- Removed kills being counted toward the PvP ladder in all WoEs.

Kills still count on the maps OUTSIDE the woe castle (prt_gld/pay_gld/alde_gld/gef_fild13). Could you also remove them here?

Yes, they are. I don't think any of them are two handed. (:

Interesting... what happened to the "No Donation Exclusive Items" policy?

These things look waaaaay to strong to be used in game.

They're not donation exclusive. That hasn't changed. All that means is that they are not account bound and can be traded to other players, which these weapons can be.

Also, many people thought that at first but if you actually played in game you would see that really isn't the case. The already strong classes received minimal boosts or we tried to make it so their classes would be more diverse. Other weaker classes' weapons were designed to help balance the class, taking players' suggestions into account.

They're not donation exclusive. That hasn't changed. All that means is that they are not account bound and can be traded to other players, which these weapons can be.

Also, many people thought that at first but if you actually played in game you would see that really isn't the case. The already strong classes received minimal boosts or we tried to make it so their classes would be more diverse. Other weaker classes' weapons were designed to help balance the class, taking players' suggestions into account.

I'm just surprised that Jorge & Jorge (hehe funny I know right) are selling these items. I know it's not particularly a "donation exclusive" since you can buy it off of another player. I'm just surprised as to how OP these items are. I mean the original Elite items were strong already but these are just ridiculous.

Anyway! To one to their own. Not hating on the items I'm just rather surprised so don't get all edgy with me :)

Pardon me, I always thought that 'no donation exclusive' items meant that you can obtain these weapons by not donating to the server. And I do get the point that you can get these items by buying it from other people, but these people still get these items via donating. Doesn't this mean that these weapons are donation exclusive? Unless you can buy them in the forsaken king room?

Also, I've been dueling an LK with the new weapon. And I've been killed 3 times by coma. The weapons with the spiral pierce damage / spam is already strong. But having coma is just a bit overpowered, in my opinion. If you're a good pvp'er and can spam yggs, it's either you kill the LK before the coma takes effect, or run out of yggs. (Since LKs can carry more yggs.)

Edited by Angels&Demons

No donation-exclusive items, as Veracity said, means that they are not account bound and you can trade them with other players. Honestly, we needed the money. We're not sure if we'll add them to an NPC at any point or not. But, by definition, they are not donation-exclusive since you don't HAVE to donate to get them.

@Everyone Some of the weapons need a few adjustments. They really are not that overpowered and you really don't need to keep restating it. People kind of died out on their complaints once they realized that, for the majority, the weapons aren't that unbalancing. You can still kill the people that use the weapons, and they can't always kill you. A lot of it depends on your skill level. There are a lot of reductions available on the server, so naturally, not everything is simple.

Kills still count on the maps OUTSIDE the woe castle (prt_gld/pay_gld/alde_gld/gef_fild13). Could you also remove them here?

Also they count here 24/7 not just during woe hours so yeah...

I have someting to ask how much time we have for donated for news weps?

As long as they're still listed in the donation shop, they're available. They should still be for awhile, or at least until the next update.

The stalker bird should add 20% more hp, but it adds less than 20% currently ;(

We'll look into this. Thanks for letting us know.

about soul linker staff:

Str + 20, MATK + 35%, Int + 25 *

+30% hp

Enlarge Weight Limit Lv. 10

Enable use of Lv. 5 stave crasher, Lv. 10 fire and ice bolt

5% chance of using Lv. 3 'Kaupe' when recieving physical damage

-10% cast delay

is true Enable use of Lv. 5 stave crasher ??? high wizard skill lvl 1 OMG

If nobody donates for these at all - then the only way to obtain them is via. Donation. Wouldn't that make it donation exclusive then? Unless GMs start throwing them out during events.

I mean, in the end, every server is non-donation exclusive if this is what you consider non-donation exclusive, which puts this server into the same place as every other. I've yet to find a server other than the official iRO server that bounds donation items to characters/accounts.