Wish

[ 06.01.2010 ] The Stars Have Descended Upon Forsakenro!

fROlogo.png[ 06.01.2010 ]

admins.png
ForsakenRO needs your help!
The server's Paypal account was closed and thus we lost access to all of our funds. So we've decided to refund the donations we've received from everyone in the past two months. In return, we're asking for everyone to donate to the server again. We have hefty monthly bills we need to pay in order for the server to continue running, so if you enjoy playing here please show your support! We really need everyone's help to ensure the future of Forsaken.

Since our Paypal was closed, we've set up a new donation system using AlertPay. It is basically the same as Paypal; in fact, we feel that you will find it is actually better. The new donation system and shop is accessible at http://forsaken-ro.net/rewards/.

Thank you for your continued support,
The Administration of Forsaken Ragnarok Online.

zodiacaurapreview.png
NEW! Zodiac Auras are now available!
Effect: All Stats +20, Physical Damage +5%, MATK +5%, Vit Def -5%, and Max HP +5%.
Cost: $25 or 3 for $60 ($15 savings!)
Available from June 1, 2010 to June 21, 2010.
Colors: (From left-to-right, top-to-bottom) Purple, Red, Teal, White, Pink, Orange, Green, Gold, Black, Blue, Dark Blue, Dark Red
P.S., They sparkle!

guildhideout.png
Introducing the New Guild Hideout!
After a long wait, the Guild Hideout is finally being released!
Every 2 weeks, there will be an auction on the forums for the Hideout. Guilds will compete against each other, offering bids over a 24 hour period. To bid, you need to post a screenshot of your offer (in donation coupons). The guild with the highest bid wins! Once the auction is over, the winner will contact a Senior GM or Admin to receive the pass.

Also, for the bidding process, a new WoE drop was added. The Badge of Honor has the chance to drop at 0.4% from any castle. This will increase any bid you make on the Guild Hideout by 50% (i.e. You bid 200 coupons with the Badge, your total bid is 300). Make sure that, if you choose to use your Badge, you include it in your screenshot!

The Guild Hideout has a lot of awesome features, including:
- Full healer and buffer
- Disguise NPC
- Private PVP Room
- An NPC in Forsaken City that allows the owner of the pass to have their entire guild teleported in front of a castle (it doesn't count against an Emergency Call!)

rentitems.png
NEW! Rent Items
A merchant who has travelled all of Midgard has arrived at Forsaken City 83 125 with exclusive rent items! The image above has the price of each item available for rent.

The effects of each rent weapon are:

Assassin Cross:
Dagger: Attack = 100, +10% damage to demi-humans.
Katar: Attack = 120, +5% damage to demi-humans.

Stalker:
Dagger: Attack = 90, +15 int, +10% HP, level 10 enlarge weight limit.
Bow (Two-handed): Attack = 120, +20 agi/dex, +10% HP, +20% damage to demi-humans, -20% damage from Demi-humans.

Lord Knight
One-handed sword: Attack = 130, +10 str/dex, +10% damage to demi-humans.
Two-handed sword: Attack = 190, +15 str, +12 dex, +15% damage to demi-humans.
One-handed spear: Attack = 120, +10 str/dex, +10% damage to demi-humans.
Two-handed spear: Attack = 160, +10 str, +8 dex, +10% damage to demi-humans.

Champion:
Mace: +10 dex, +5 str, +10 int, +10% damage to demi-humans.
Knuckle: +10 dex, +7 str, +10 int, +10% damage to demi-humans.

High Wizard:
Staff: Attack = 150, +30 str, +20 int, +10% HP, +25% MATK, level 10 enlarge weight limit. Enable the use of Level 2 Deluge and Level 2 Volcano.

High Priest:
Book: +20 int, +15 str/dex, +20% damage on demi-humans, +15% HP, +20% matk, increase heal and sanctuary effectiveness by 10%.

Paladin:
One-handed spear: Attack = 120, +5 str/dex, +10 vit, +12% damage to demi-humans,
One-handed sword: Attack = 150, +5 str/dex, +10 vit, +12% damage to demi-humans.

Clown:
Bow (Two-handed): Attack = 150, +20 agi/dex, +20% more damage with double strafe, -20% damage from demi-humans.
Guitar: Attack = 150, Level 2 Jupitel Thunder, +12 dex/int.

Gypsy:
Harp: Level 2 Jupitel Thunder, +12 dex/int
Whip: +12 str, +15 dex, +10 int
Bow (Two-handed): +20 agi/dex, +15% damage on demi-humans

Sniper:
Bow (One-handed): Attack = 120, +20 agi/dex, +10% HP, +20% damage with double strafe and sharp shooting, level 10 enlarge wieght limit.

Professor:
Book: Attack = 170, +30 int, +20 str, +10% HP, +20% damage to demi-humans..
Staff: Attack = 130, +30 str/int, +25% MATK, level 10 increase weight limit.

Creator:
Dagger: Attack = 90, +20 int, +10% matk, +10% damage to demi-humans, enable the use of level 5 cold bolt.
Axe: Attack = 150, +20 str, +15% damage to demi-humans.

Whitesmith:
Dagger: Attack = 100, +10% HP, +5% damage to demi-humans.
Axe: Attack = 150, +15 str, +10% HP, +15% damage to demi-humans.

Ninja:
Shuriken (One-handed): Attack = 150, +20 int, +20% matk, +10% HP, +10% damage to demi-humans.

Gunslinger:
Revolver: Attack = 120, +20 dex, +10% damage to demi-humans, -20% damage from demi-humans.

Soul Gladiator:
Book: Attack = 170, +20 str, +10 int, +10% HP.

Soul Linker:
Staff: Attack = 150, +20 int, +10 str,30% matk.

Taekwon:
Weapon: Attack = 100, +10 str/dex.

Important: Cards placed into the rental weapons WILL disappear at the end of the rental period, so make sure you decard before time is up!

2exmpsy.png
Annihilation Event Implemented!
The Annihilation prizes are set up, and the event will now be implemented in game!

Times:
Every Monday, Thursday, and Friday
20:00:00 Server Time

Prize Packages:
1) Event Package:
15 Event Coupons.

2) Supply Package:
12 Yggdrasil Berry tickets, 6 Yggdrasil Seed tickets, 2 Speed Potion tickets, 4 EDP tickets, 1 Glistening Coat ticket, and 1 Authoritative Badge ticket.

3) Converter Package:
100 Flame, Frost, Lightning, and Seismic Elemental Converters, 3 Cursed Water tickets.

4) Food Package:
50 of each Immortal Stew, Cooked Nine Tail, Dragon Breath Cocktail, Hwergelmir's Tonic, Steamed Tongue, and Book of Magic.

fixes.png
- New donation system added.
- Avian Wings HP fixed, they now give the correct HP.
- Changed RAW to 23% reflect.
- Added 4 prizes for the Annihilation Event.
- Added 3 times to host Annihilation Event.
- Added Activity Reward System.
- Added Custom Rent Items.
- Added a new patcher skin.
- Changed forum title images.
- New log in screen.
- Zodiac auras added.

credits.png
Zodiac Aura Recolors, log in screen, patcher skin, and all graphics by Barbie.
Item effects thanks to Wish, Flair, and Manifest.
Guild hideout screenshots thanks to Wish.
Special thanks to Sensation for helping code the new donation system.

O.M.G. DIS IS BEAST. GOOD JOB GUYS.

EDIT: The patcher says "New Vote Items". What are they?

Edited by Forum~

Wonderful update. Thank you for all of your hard work on the server! Rent items sound really cool, too! :]

HEY YOU! GOOD JOB!

Like the way you used zodiac symbols for the zodiac aura. Real nice. /no1

Where can I rent items? Because I want to rent now.

And yes, where is the new patcher skin? o.o

My bad. :)

============

ONIGIRI?!?!?! :O HEY ONIGIRI(IF YOU READ THIS) DO YOU KNOW KENSHN111?

Edited by -R e i

WAIT! THEY'RE LOWER HEADGEAR?? ISN'T THAT A BIT OP?

HEY YOU! GOOD JOB!

Like the way you used zodiac symbols for the zodiac aura. Real nice. /no1

I chose to rename the aura, but I didn't make it... I just recolored it. Onigiri originally made the sprite. :] It's pretty neat though, it sparkles when you walk too!

Also, -R e i, it gives the coords for the NPC to rent items in the preview about it. He's in Fcity, near the stylist.

Edit: Forum~ - Yeah, I noticed that too. It's a mistake, and it's being fixed now. The Zodiac Auras are meant to be equipped as a middle headgear.

Edited by Barbie

Wow, this is amazing but..

This will increase any bid you make on the Guild Hideout by 50% (i.e. You bid 200 coupons with the Badge, your total bid is 300)

I'm not good at maths but...

GOD! Speed Potion in the dungeon is called Concentrated Speed Potion! And I can't even @ali it! (or @ii)

Edited by -R e i

Wow, this is amazing but..

I'm not good at maths but...

Your 2,000 coupon offer becomes 3,000. You give the badge plus 2,00 coupons instead of 3,00 coupons.

Yo, need help in the concentrated speed potion thingy..

Oh! I think it's 15806!

Edited by -R e i

for the guild hideout whats to stop people from telling others the password? also, ive been in there and gotten those buffs will this really be fair for woe and even for pvp for that matter for people just to get those buffs and fight people without them. when i got those buffs it took 6 people to kill me.

for the guild hideout whats to stop people from telling others the password? also, ive been in there and gotten those buffs will this really be fair for woe and even for pvp for that matter for people just to get those buffs and fight people without them. when i got those buffs it took 6 people to kill me.

took 8 people to kill me last year, heheh

Whoa, what kind of buffs are they O.O!?

And yeah, bump on Adum's question... what is the activity reward thingy?

EDIT:

Also, I don't understand the purpose of the rental items... why would anyone waste coupons on those when you can save up and have a permanent weapon for yourself? Maybe I'm not reading between the lines or something, but I really don't get it.

Edited by Forum~

It's an actual ticket now, not a password, the guild leader can recall the entire guild to the hideout using the Butler NPC. (Does not consume an e-call). The guild leader is the only one that can have it. You cannot trade the pass.

Whoa, what kind of buffs are they O.O!?

And yeah, bump on Adum's question... what is the activity reward thingy?

EDIT:

Also, I don't understand the purpose of the rental items... why would anyone waste coupons on those when you can save up and have a permanent weapon for yourself? Maybe I'm not reading between the lines or something, but I really don't get it.

The rent weapons are better than the standard elite weapons, some people want that edge in WoE/Wars. The buffs have been modified down; if they remain overpowered we will modify them some more. =]

It's an actual ticket now, not a password, the guild leader can recall the entire guild to the hideout using the Butler NPC. (Does not consume an e-call). The guild leader is the only one that can have it. You cannot trade the pass.

So basically, a player can't enter any time they want?... and a player can only go inside the guild hideout when the guild leader summons them?

EDIT:

Regarding this, I actually have an idea (if this isn't already what it does).

What if the Butler NPC worked like the WoE flags. The guild that "owns" the guild hideout can have its members be warped inside the hideout just like when during WoE, when a guild controls a castle, only their respective members can be warped to a shortcut inside the castle. Then, respective guild members would be able to warp inside freely and foreign guilds wouldn't be able to enter.

The rent weapons are better than the standard elite weapons, some people want that edge in WoE/Wars. The buffs have been modified down; if they remain overpowered we will modify them some more. =]

Ahh, I guess the rent items have some sort of reasoning behind them. If anything, I would just be worried about decarding the weapons before my cards disappear...

Edited by Forum~

So basically, a player can't enter any time they want?... and a player can only go inside the guild hideout when the guild leader summons them?

Ahh, I guess the rent items have some sort of reasoning behind them. I would just be worried about decarding the weapons before my cards disappear...

Yupe, only when the guild leader summons them. We might add something for a work around that at a later time but for right now; only a guild leader can recall you into there. it has a PvP room, disguise NPC, buffer, broadcaster, etc. There is also a NPC in Forsaken City that allows the owner of the pass (NOT the guild leader) to warp their entire guild right outside the Castle (does not waste an e-call) this allows for tactical insertions without the guild leader leaving his guild and giving them orders prior to the being recalled.

Great updates very good work i think i will donate.

I think Fro sparked my interest again things will be more active.

Good job GM team