Shield

Gm Ranks And Tasks

For obvious reasons the Admins can't always be there to do everything for us.

So we've come up with a simple ''pecking'' order to try and reduce some of the 'weight' on the their shoulders.

RANKS

Ranking the GM Team is crucial for making things run smoothly and also insuring that the Administrators don't get sidetracked from important

business with minor in-game squabbles or anything that can be handled by someone else.

The following is a generalized bracket system which will serve as our order of complaints/questions

and it will also contribute to the tasks designated to certain levels/groups of GM's :

Posted Image

If you need anything or have any questions then you are to ask one of the GM's directly above you.

If you can't get in contact with your GM then you will need to go to the next GM in line.

Keep in mind this is not to ignore anyone or isolate lower level

GM's but rather to keep our admins from turning their chats off and

blowing up their computers after receiving upwards of 200 messages

a day from roughly just as many people.

Make sure to setup your [email protected] e-mail and MSN here

IF you have any serious complaints about another [GM] then, of course, you will go to an Admin.

ASSIGNED TASKS

The following will list GM's along with their assigned task(s).

From this day forward these tasks will be required of you to attend to.

Posted Image

Doing these tasks routinely will directly affect your chances for promotion as well as making the residents of fRO happy.

BASIC TASKS

This is an overview of the basic, everyday tasks in-game and on the forums.

HOSTING EVENTS

- Before hosting anything, you must read the new guidelines for hosting events.

- Once you understand the guidelines, read the Custom Event Guide for in depth explanations of how to host all ForsakenRO's custom events including rules, broadcast guidelines, and FAQs!

- After hosting event, make sure you ALWAYS log it in the Guild Storage item log. Log all events after you're done hosting in the guild storage item log and be sure to include the name of the event, time hosted and the amount of coupons in gstorage before and after your event(s). To learn how to properly log, check out Wish's amazing guide here.

- Make sure you host as many different events as possible! To check how many of each type of event has been hosted in the month so far, check the Event Checklist.

RELATED READING:

Event Hosting Guidelines

Event Checklist

Custom Event Guide

SOTW

- SOTW will only be handled by those alloted the responsibility.

- Prizes can be handed out by any, so long as you log it in the SOTW logs AND the Guild Storage Item Log.

RELATED READING:

SOTW Rules

BOT HUNTING

Bot hunting is fun and relatively easy as long you know your fRO. Most bots can be found on any map that you'll find ingredients for custom items or any item

of importance, such as poison bottles, ygg berries or converter/fcp/edp ingredients.

RELATED READING:

Justice's Guide to Bot Hunting

Bot map list

GUILD VS. GUILD

- Insuring that the GvG events are on time is everyone's job but there will still be people assigned to it to make sure it gets hosted on time.

- GvG will have 2 primary hosts and a secondary host. However, if you log on for GvG and notice that the hosts aren't there then I encourage you to take the initiative and host it yourself.

- The primary hosts are charged with making sure the event is on time. If you are the host but you won't be able to make it for your day then you need to inform an admin and a secondary

host so that GvG will be on time.

- GvG Times are Tuesday @ 19:00 (server time) and Sunday @ 18:00 (server time)

- The basic rules for GvG are: No novices, No basilica, No hiding and no multi-guild parties.

RELATED READING:

Guild vs. Guild thread

PVP LADDER

- The PvP ladder will be handled by [GM]Seraphine.

- The PvP ladder is to be reset every 2 weeks on Friday night at 22:00 server time.

- When you reset the ladder take a screenshot of the top 10, check the ticket system for reported cheaters and update the 'Hall of Fame' thread including adding new banned cheaters to the list.

- Suspected cheaters will have to be checked out by an Admin who can investigate it thoroughly before they're added to the 'Hall of Fame' prize/ban thread.

- If there are cheaters during that week you may, if you want, make a post in the 'HoF' thread that the winners will be posted after the investigation so that we don't get a lot of 'plz update thread'

posts.

GM ORGANIZATION/ACTIVITY

- To keep everything running smoothly we're going to have each of you help us monitor GM activities.

- Everyone will monitor everyone so that we as a whole can keep track of everyone else's activity or lack of.

- This will mainly consist of monitoring activeness, conduct and helpfulness so that everyone will be involved in team management.

- If you notice that a GM is inactive or doing something they shouldn't be, you should either get proof (if necessary) and inform one of the higher GM's (Wish, Veracity, or Justice).

RELATED READING:

What Constitutes Abuse?

TICKET SYSTEM

- Check the ticket system daily and as often as possible. The faster we reply to new tickets the better.

- You WILL NOT be able to help everyone that reports a ticket but you can still reply.

- Make sure the person who posted the ticket included all of the required information. If they haven't, tell them what else they need to include.

- If it's a hack/scam case you can reply "Please be patient while an Admin looks into your case." or something to that effect and toggle the ticket to 'Elevated to Superior'.

- If it's a 'find and jail' ticket but the offender isn't online then simply post ''Player unavailable for punishment at this time." and check again later for the offender.

- If it's a bug report you can either direct them towards the 'Bug Tracker' section of the forums or you can reply "Please be patient while an Admin looks into your case." or something to that effect

and toggle the ticket to 'Elevated to Superior'.

- MAKE SURE YOU toggle the awaiting reply/superior/solved/unable to solve button after replying to tickets and close the tickets once they are handled.

RELATED READING:

Guild vs. Guild thread ******

SUPPORT FORUM

- We should all help whenever possible or give the best advice we're capable of.

- If you don't know to help someone then you should at least give them the basic troubleshooting tips. (e.g., re-download, run your patchers, switch to full screen, etc..)

BUG TRACKER

Usually there's nothing you can do, outside of debunking the report or accrediting it, but appearances from other GM's are rare and reports can go days without being noticed since

only two people usually pay attention.

REPORT THIS POST TO A MODERATOR

Please check your 'New Messages' daily and handle whatever is reported.

- It's discomforting to be offline for 3 days and see a reported post that is offensive and should have been removed/editted 2 days before I saw it.

- Hide/Delete/Edit the post(whatever you're most comfortable with doing), warn/punish the offender and get the case solved.

SUGGESTION FORUM

-Only the listed GM's are allowed to reject/accept suggestions without receiving authority from a higher up to do so. You are still welcome to post responses/opinions but only those

assigned may deem it worthy or not.

- The GM's charged with this task will routinely go through the suggestions forums and filter the suggestions into the proper sub-forum so that we don't have 3 month old suggestions

polluting the forum space.

- The only exception is if the suggestion has been suggested before. Simply repeat the reply to the previously suggested suggestion and close the ticket.

THIS TOPIC IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE

When GM's are rewarded with promotions the hierarchy will of course change as will tasks assigned.

If this is going to be updated, as I'm sure it will be, I'll just do whatever Shield puts me into. I'm pretty sure Shield knows what I can and cannot do so I'll just trust his judgment.

For the GvG problem (if there is), I can't help at all with it's current schedules. Both schedules of GvG are in conflict with mine as I'm on my way to school at that time.

I believe Amorous wants to handle the SOTW, if someone else wants to handle it, contact her. She's away on vacation right now, so yeah.

Updated. If I've missed anything let me know.

Please read and reply here so that we know you acknowledged

everyone's duties/tasks.

@ami

If you want me to then I will add in the SOTW hosts/prize givers

so that everyone knows who is allowed to host it.

Let's start keeping track of SOTW prizes. We can include them in normal event logs or make a new topic for it.

Also, in order to keep track of punishments, we should have a thread with a single post, which lists the names of offenders under our punishable categories. Whenever a GM punished someone, they check the list, and then either add the new name or increase the number of offenses next to the name

Example:

Broadcast abuse:

Devo's Slave [2]

Everything else looks neat, and I especially like the circle of closeness ;P

I have to apologize myself with my recent inactivity. It's been hell dealing with Microbiology, Parasitology and Pathophysiology. Thankfully though, one of my major subjects end next week so I can finally log in regularly again.

As for SOTW,

I propose that we have game masters (I still consider Ami a GM) come up with the themes and all, no longer the GFX team.

Updated. If I've missed anything let me know.

Please read and reply here so that we know you acknowledged

everyone's duties/tasks.

@devo .. that sounds good and convenient for hosts, possibly include all

past themes so they don't have to sift through forums looking everything up

@sens .. oops .. I went up instead of down didn't I /duh, thanks

@rhap .. no worries, school is a priority .. I agree with you on Ami, although

I've never had a problem with Nitemare hosting the event since he's usually

trying to win it

@ Shield,

Sure, I wouldn't mind someone having the position of handing out prizes. As for hosting, I believe that is my duty to host it. (Making topics, putting up voting topics, managing, etc.) I could use a little assistance once in a while, but other than that, I believe I should be the one hosting.

-------

@ Devotion,

Yes, I agree with the keeping track of the prizes. I believe Amorous or Anela has done it once, which was actually very kind of them. So that would be a great idea; preferably, I would like to see a new topic posted up just like the ladder prizes. I'm having "new" plans for the SOTW that's already been sent in to Genesis, so a new topic would be the best idea.

-------

@ Rhapsody,

Well the GFX team doesn't exactly decide the theme, I do. But I'm planning to change this by allowing the winner of the previous SOTW to decide a new theme; or I was just planning to make the themes myself. Although, I could use the assistance of the GM team with some theme-ideas. It would be great if the GM team could come together and come up with a list that could be sent to me so I could choose a few of them for some SOTWs.

Even though I'm not a GM anymore (I'm re-applying fair and square), I could use the help of the GM team regardless. And if I was a part of the GM team, I would be able to handle the SOTW prizes and everything.

-------

@Shield again,

I believe that could work, but I've sent in a .txt file to Genesis regarding all the changes that are going to happen to the SOTW. If you want, I could send it to you as well. Just notify me if you want it.

Plus, it's been a while since I've sent it in. If you have access to the administrator control panel and do these changes yourself, that would be great. But, if you don't have it, then it's alright. I'll just remind Genesis or notify him again some time soon. I believe he's studying for SAT's, so I don't want to bother him.

Ventrilo Staff channel password has been renewed (forgot the old one and no one remembered it).

The new password is very original, yet easy to remember.

apples

P.S. Phantoms take up slots in Ventrilo and we only have 35 slots available at the moment, don't use them too much.